Page 76 of 155 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886126 ... LastLast
Results 751 to 760 of 1548

Thread: Israeli air strikes target Gaza

  1. #751
    Sage
    DeeJayH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Scooping Zeus' Poop
    Last Seen
    06-21-15 @ 03:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    11,728

    Re: Israeli air strikes target Gaza

    Quote Originally Posted by ludahai View Post
    1. Hamas used any loosening of the blockade to get people into Israel in the past.
    2. Egypt maintains an even TIGHTER blockade on Gaza. Why not attack them?
    because we must only blame those dirty JOOS

    Human Taxidermist - - now offering his services for all your loved ones
    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    How the hell did you just tie in a retroactive reparative measure with a proactive preventative measure. Not even close to being the same thing.

  2. #752
    R.I.P. Léo
    bub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    05-17-12 @ 03:54 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,649

    Re: Israeli air strikes target Gaza

    Quote Originally Posted by ludahai View Post
    Briefly because of rocket attacks.
    So there is still the blockade. Which is the reason why there are rockets. So rockets are going to be launched again. Policy fail.

    Because groups like Hamas insist on the destruction of Israel. THAT is why there may never be peace.
    Blame everything on the other side. Like they are both doing for decades. The result is in front of you. Epic policy fail.



    Where in Article 51 does it say self defense must be proportionate?
    - If there was no need for proportionality, the UN would not condemn Israel.
    - Proportionality is present in every law system. That's why the entire world condemns Israel.

    THat looks like the statement of one official in the UN, not the UN itself.
    She leads the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights. Who else could speak in the name of the UN? God?

    If they are killing your citizens, you have the right to take out the infrastructure that makes it possible for them to do it so they can't do it again. Israel is WELL WITHIN its rights, whether or not the rest of the world likes it. If they want to stop it, come up with a viable solution that protects the legitimate rights of Israel. Short of that, the Israelis are going to protest their citizens, as is their right.
    Then can you explain why the entire world condemns these attacks? They're all antisemite?

  3. #753
    Defender of the Faith
    ludahai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Taichung, Taiwan - 2017 East Asian Games Candidate City
    Last Seen
    07-03-13 @ 02:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    10,320

    Re: Israeli air strikes target Gaza

    Quote Originally Posted by Slainte View Post
    Hamas has stated repeatedly it is willing to acknoweldge Israel as a reality and work from there. Demanding that they accept the legitimacy of Israel, when most Palestinians obviously do not, is a recipe for another failed peace process.
    Legitimate link? That statement goes directly against its own charter, which calls for the destruction of Israel as well as against the statements of its primary benefactor of their organization which calls for Israel to be "wiped off the map."
    Semper Paratus
    Boston = City of Champions: Bruins 2011; Celtics 2008; Red Sox 2004, 2007; Patriots 2002, 2004, 2005
    Jon Huntsman for President

  4. #754
    Sage
    DeeJayH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Scooping Zeus' Poop
    Last Seen
    06-21-15 @ 03:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    11,728

    Re: Israeli air strikes target Gaza

    Quote Originally Posted by bub View Post
    Then can you explain why the entire world condemns these attacks? They're all antisemite?
    I assume you are talking about Hamas here, right?

    Human Taxidermist - - now offering his services for all your loved ones
    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    How the hell did you just tie in a retroactive reparative measure with a proactive preventative measure. Not even close to being the same thing.

  5. #755
    R.I.P. Léo
    bub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    05-17-12 @ 03:54 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,649

    Re: Israeli air strikes target Gaza

    Quote Originally Posted by DeeJayH View Post
    I assume you are talking about Hamas here, right?
    They (Sarkozy, the European Union, the United Nations...) blame both parts

    UN chief calls on Hamas to immediately end rocket attacks on Israel_English_Xinhua

    But you seem to think that Israel is right, that's why I remember you that this country is condemned worldwide

  6. #756
    Defender of the Faith
    ludahai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Taichung, Taiwan - 2017 East Asian Games Candidate City
    Last Seen
    07-03-13 @ 02:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    10,320

    Re: Israeli air strikes target Gaza

    Quote Originally Posted by bub View Post
    So there is still the blockade. Which is the reason why there are rockets. So rockets are going to be launched again. Policy fail.
    They lifted the blockade to get in humanitarian supplies. The attacks continued. Hamas showed no good will. Blockade goes back up.

    Blame everything on the other side. Like they are both doing for decades. The result is in front of you. Epic policy fail.
    Israel has showed willingness to compromise and press for peace. Hamas has not.

    - If there was no need for proportionality, the UN would not condemn Israel.
    It was a statement from a single UN official, not the body itself.

    - Proportionality is present in every law system. That's why the entire world condemns Israel.
    Proportionality has NEVER existed as a basic tenet of international law.

    She leads the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights. Who else could speak in the name of the UN? God?
    The only bodies with legal standing in the UN on such situations would be the UNSC and the ICJ.

    Then can you explain why the entire world condemns these attacks? They're all antisemite?
    Not the entire world, but yes, there is a lot of anti-Semitism in the world.
    Semper Paratus
    Boston = City of Champions: Bruins 2011; Celtics 2008; Red Sox 2004, 2007; Patriots 2002, 2004, 2005
    Jon Huntsman for President

  7. #757
    Defender of the Faith
    ludahai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Taichung, Taiwan - 2017 East Asian Games Candidate City
    Last Seen
    07-03-13 @ 02:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    10,320

    Re: Israeli air strikes target Gaza

    Quote Originally Posted by bub View Post
    They (Sarkozy, the European Union, the United Nations...) blame both parts

    UN chief calls on Hamas to immediately end rocket attacks on Israel_English_Xinhua

    But you seem to think that Israel is right, that's why I remember you that this country is condemned worldwide
    1. Nice source, from the Chinese Communists.

    2. I don't hold the EU in high esteem. They are allowing themselves to be hijacked over the membership of a European state because one member is in a silly tizzy over it's name.

    Israel has the right to defend itself. If these organizations or leaders want to criticize, why don't they come up with a viable solution to protect Israel's legitimate rights.
    Semper Paratus
    Boston = City of Champions: Bruins 2011; Celtics 2008; Red Sox 2004, 2007; Patriots 2002, 2004, 2005
    Jon Huntsman for President

  8. #758
    R.I.P. Léo
    bub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    05-17-12 @ 03:54 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,649

    Re: Israeli air strikes target Gaza

    Quote Originally Posted by ludahai View Post
    They lifted the blockade to get in humanitarian supplies. The attacks continued. Hamas showed no good will. Blockade goes back up.

    Israel has showed willingness to compromise and press for peace. Hamas has not.
    That's not true

    Hamas says open to new truce in Gaza | International | Reuters
    Hamas holds fire in Gaza, open to new truce | Reuters
    Israel reopens Gaza border, Hamas looks to truce | International | Reuters
    Gaza militants back Israel-Hamas truce-Hamas leader | Reuters
    Hamas to tell Egypt will accept Gaza truce-official | Reuters


    It was a statement from a single UN official, not the body itself.
    Yeah right, she's a worthless ***** and her opinion doesn't matter because she doesn't agree with Israel


    Proportionality has NEVER existed as a basic tenet of international law.
    You fail:

    Proportionality (law) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    It's OK if several civilians are killed incidentally, but it's not OK when the concrete military advantage is too small. Since Israel won't succeed in destroying Hamas, the attack is not proportionate.


    The only bodies with legal standing in the UN on such situations would be the UNSC and the ICJ.




    Not the entire world, but yes, there is a lot of anti-Semitism in the world.
    Sarkozy condemned Israel and he is Jew. Is he an antisemite Jew?

  9. #759
    R.I.P. Léo
    bub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    05-17-12 @ 03:54 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,649

    Re: Israeli air strikes target Gaza

    Quote Originally Posted by ludahai View Post
    1. Nice source, from the Chinese Communists.
    The source is totally irrelevant, as it just repeats what the UN says

    2. I don't hold the EU in high esteem.
    Good for you, but no ones care.
    They are allowing themselves to be hijacked over the membership of a European state because one member is in a silly tizzy over it's name.
    How is that related with the Israeli raid?

    Israel has the right to defend itself. If these organizations or leaders want to criticize, why don't they come up with a viable solution to protect Israel's legitimate rights.
    They propose solutions (ceasefires, the 1947 borders, the destruction of the security fence...) but Israel does not give it a ****

  10. #760
    Educator
    moe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Cebu Rep of the Philippines
    Last Seen
    06-29-10 @ 02:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    1,176

    Re: Israeli air strikes target Gaza

    Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    If Iran gets into the conflict directly, Iran will suffer an attack far worse than the bombing of Gaza.

    ... From TWO seperate nations.

    The mullah terrorists are aware of this.
    Iran is not ready yet. This is just another cycle of violence sponsored by Iran to keep the pot boiling. Nobody including Hamas is under any illusion that Hamas is going to single handedly defeat Israel with rockets and mortars.

    It is all for propaganda. To the local Muslims Hamas are the hero's. The Muslim version of David and Goliath. Even if this current offensive were to kill all except 1 Hamas militant with in a month they would be back up to full strength because the younger Muslims see these militants as hero's for the struggle.

    When 9/11 happened here kids who had no intention of joining the service all of sudden changed their minds because they wanted to make right the wrong that they believed was done to our people. Same thing over there. Hatred is burning in these young Muslim men and women as they see what is happening in Palestine to their fellow Muslims. Part of this strategy is intended to raise the level of hate in Arab countries whose governments permit US bases on their soil. They are hoping that if they raise the hate enough in the local populations that people in those countries will rise up and demand that their governments throw the US out of their countries. This strategy can work. The governments permit our bases but we have to walk a very very fine line because the people of those countries do not want us their. That is why we always beg Israel please do not attack the same enemy we attack. If it were ever seen that those bases were being used to actively support an Israeli operation it would be all over. There would be riots and slaughter in the so called moderate Arab states. Because the citizens of those countries really do not like us or Israel either.

    This is why there will never be peace in Palestine. It is to important to the Militants and their Iranian masters to keep the hate alive. This will not be settled until Iran finally enters the battle full strength. If Iran is defeated on the battle field and the regime replaced then there will be real chance for peace in the region.

    Moe

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •