Page 73 of 155 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583123 ... LastLast
Results 721 to 730 of 1548

Thread: Israeli air strikes target Gaza

  1. #721
    Educator
    Slainte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Scotland
    Last Seen
    02-15-13 @ 11:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,061

    Re: Israeli air strikes target Gaza

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    I'm sorry -- didnt you just say:



    Seems to me you cannot decide what 'facts' best fit your argument.

    Now, an honest person would admit that this means your position is untenable, but you go ahead and do what you think is best.
    As Egypt failed to act to reseal the border due to massive popular pressure from its population it was Israel who began heavily pressurising the USA into forcing Egypts hand. As well as taking dirct action with airstrikes.

    My point however, is that this blockade is of Israeli design, Egypt is of course complicit in its implemenation, something I have not denied. However the level of severity, and the power to end it in rests in Israeli hands. Most vital supplies don't go through Egypt as i have already stated, as the land officially remains under Israeli jurisdiction Gaza is Israel's responsibility, not Egypts, thus Egypt acts as the junior partner in it all, not something I, nor many Egyptians approve of.
    We all live under the same sky, but we don't all have the same horizon

  2. #722
    wʜɪтe яussɪaи Tashah's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    ישראל אמריקה
    Last Seen
    05-12-14 @ 04:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,379

    Re: Israeli air strikes target Gaza

    Quote Originally Posted by SquareMelon View Post
    This may help refresh your memory
    ei: How the EU helps Israel to strangle Gaza
    My memory is quite fine thank you. Slainte posted an inaccuracy. I rectified that mishap.

    אשכנזי היהודי Белый Россию

  3. #723
    wʜɪтe яussɪaи Tashah's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    ישראל אמריקה
    Last Seen
    05-12-14 @ 04:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,379

    Re: Israeli air strikes target Gaza

    Quote Originally Posted by Slainte View Post
    as the land officially remains under Israeli jurisdiction Gaza is Israel's responsibility, not Egypts, thus Egypt acts as the junior partner in it all, not something I, nor many Egyptians approve of.
    Another inaccuracy. Israel withdrew from Gaza completely. Israel does not administer Gaza in any capacity. Gaza is the responsibility of its elected government... Hamas. Gaza is governed totally and exclusively by Hamas.
    Last edited by Tashah; 12-29-08 at 03:11 PM.

    אשכנזי היהודי Белый Россию

  4. #724
    Educator
    Slainte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Scotland
    Last Seen
    02-15-13 @ 11:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,061

    Re: Israeli air strikes target Gaza

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Oh, damn that Irarael, for having the audacity to exist and act as if it would like to continue in that condition!
    There are very serious questions about the legitimacy and need for a Zionist state in the 21st century. To demand all such question be removed from the table before negotiations start is unreasonable to the Palestinians.

    Hamas has stated repeatedly it is willing to acknoweldge Israel as a reality and work from there. Demanding that they accept the legitimacy of Israel, when most Palestinians obviously do not, is a recipe for another failed peace process.
    Last edited by Slainte; 12-29-08 at 03:13 PM.
    We all live under the same sky, but we don't all have the same horizon

  5. #725
    Educator
    Slainte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Scotland
    Last Seen
    02-15-13 @ 11:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,061

    Re: Israeli air strikes target Gaza

    Quote Originally Posted by Tashah View Post
    Another inaccuracy. Israel withdrew from Gaza completely. Israel does not administer Gaza in any capacity. Gaza is the responsibility of its elected government... Hamas. Gaza is governed totally and exclusively by Hamas.
    Not under standard interpretations of international law as Israel refuses to relinquish controll over Gaza's borders, airspace or seaspace. Something I'm sure I've been over with you before!
    We all live under the same sky, but we don't all have the same horizon

  6. #726
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Israeli air strikes target Gaza

    Quote Originally Posted by Slainte View Post
    As Egypt failed to act to reseal the border due to massive popular pressure from its population it was Israel who began heavily pressurising the USA into forcing Egypts hand. As well as taking dirct action with airstrikes.
    So... contrary to your claime, Egypt, not Israel, sealed the border and is a full participant in the blockade.

    Egypt is of course complicit in its implemenation, something I have not denied.
    You refused to admit any such thing until pressed, hoping that no on would know better.

    However the level of severity, and the power to end it in rests in Israeli hands.
    Egypt fully controls its particpation, including the 'severity' of same.

    So, if the blocakde is the real reason behind the rocket attacks, where are the attacks on Egypt?

  7. #727
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Israeli air strikes target Gaza

    Quote Originally Posted by Slainte View Post
    There are very serious questions about the legitimacy and need for a Zionist state in the 21st century.
    There is NO question, however, about the legitimacy of the existence of the state of Israel.

    To demand all such question be removed from the table before negotiations start is unreasonable to the Palestinians.
    Who want nothing more than for Israel to be destroyed.

    Hamas has stated repeatedly it is willing to acknoweldge Israel as a reality and work from there. Demanding that they accept the legitimacy of Israel, when most Palestinians obviously do not, is a recipe for another failed peace process.
    So then you admit -- the peace process will fail because the Palestinians will never regognize the legitimacy of Israel's existence
    Last edited by Goobieman; 12-29-08 at 03:22 PM.

  8. #728
    wʜɪтe яussɪaи Tashah's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    ישראל אמריקה
    Last Seen
    05-12-14 @ 04:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,379

    Re: Israeli air strikes target Gaza

    Quote Originally Posted by Slainte View Post
    Not under standard interpretations of international law as Israel refuses to relinquish controll over Gaza's borders, airspace or seaspace. Something I'm sure I've been over with you before!
    Israel controls its own borders as does Egypt. Neither nation allows unfettered access from Gaza. Quite understandable.

    אשכנזי היהודי Белый Россию

  9. #729
    Educator
    Slainte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Scotland
    Last Seen
    02-15-13 @ 11:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,061

    Re: Israeli air strikes target Gaza

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    There is NO question, however, about the legitimacy of the existence of the state of Israel.
    Most of the region disagrees!

    So then you admit -- the peace process will fail because the Palestinians will never regognize the exictence of Israel.
    Inevitably this thread, like pretty much every other thread on the issue has came down to this!

    Shall we say I think that the Israelis still have some convincing to do. In the very long run however I'm starting to believe partition will not work and one state may emerge, most likely a binational one. Maybe all this violence is just making me cynical though.
    Last edited by Slainte; 12-29-08 at 03:38 PM.
    We all live under the same sky, but we don't all have the same horizon

  10. #730
    Student SquareMelon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    02-19-09 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    248

    Re: Israeli air strikes target Gaza

    Quote Originally Posted by SgtRock View Post
    I see no other solution. Can you tell the difference between a member of Hamas dressed in civilian cloths and a civilian? If the Palestinians elected Hamas into power and Hamas breaks ceasefires by attacking Israel what can be done to stop this. Israel is not going to lift the blockade, why should they, it will be used to resupply Hamas with weapons. Israel releases prisoners as a gester of good will and what do the get in return, more rockets.

    Do you have a solution to this short of fulfilling the Hamas goal of killing all Israelis? Hamas could have avoided all of this by simply ending there attacks on Israel, its that simple. So if Israel is going to end this once and for all send the Palestinians to there homeland in Jordan and kill anyone who resists. Sounds pretty cold dosn't it? Well it is, War is hell. Hamas asked for war and Israel is giving it to them.

    Death to Hamas!!!!
    Ethnic cleansing and killing will not work. Israel will never be able to destroy Hamas militarily no matter what it does. The only solution is to end the occupation by Israel to Palestinian land and guarantee the security and safety of Israel in return. Even Hamas has indicated that it will accept that. The Palestinian people will force it to if they refuse simply by voting them out in the next election.
    The Square Water Melon Revolution

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •