Page 72 of 155 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482122 ... LastLast
Results 711 to 720 of 1548

Thread: Israeli air strikes target Gaza

  1. #711
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Whitewater, CO
    Last Seen
    04-05-16 @ 06:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    8,260
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Israeli air strikes target Gaza

    Quote Originally Posted by bhkad View Post
    And why did Israel enact a blockade in the first place?

    And why were the Palestinians attacking Israel?

    Repeat 1000000000 times.

    But what would stop the cycle of violence?

    If the Palestinians recognized Israel's right to exist in peace.

    Then it all stops.

    Otherwise it keeps going.

    And if the Palestinians keep getting the worst of these exchanges maybe they will one day wish to stop the violence.

    But by now that has become more difficult because the Palestinians have grown to be like bloodied, punch drunk Jake LaMotta-esque boxers who love the blood and are numbed by the pain and in order to beat them you must almost completely kill them.

    But as I've said before, I believe this is a twin gambit.

    The other is Iran.

    If Iran gets into the conflict directly, Iran will suffer an attack far worse than the bombing of Gaza.

    ... From TWO seperate nations.

    The mullah terrorists are aware of this.

  2. #712
    wʜɪтe яussɪaи Tashah's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    ישראל אמריקה
    Last Seen
    05-12-14 @ 04:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,379

    Re: Israeli air strikes target Gaza

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Better questions:
    -Why does Egypt blockade Gaza with the same 'degree of severity' as Israel?
    -Why, if the blockade is the reason for the rocket attacks, are there no rocket attacks on Egypt?
    Because it's not about the blockade. That is a charade for propaganda purposes. It's only about the destruction of Israel. No more. No less.

    אשכנזי היהודי Белый Россию

  3. #713
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Israeli air strikes target Gaza

    Quote Originally Posted by Tashah View Post
    Because it's not about the blockade. That is a charade for propaganda purposes. It's only about the destruction of Israel. No more. No less.
    Of course.

  4. #714
    Sage
    bhkad's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Last Seen
    08-13-10 @ 01:01 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,745

    Re: Israeli air strikes target Gaza

    Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    If Iran gets into the conflict directly, Iran will suffer an attack far worse than the bombing of Gaza.

    ... From TWO seperate nations.

    The mullah terrorists are aware of this.
    And that is why Israel can continue this to the "bitter end."

    And IMO that is what the West hopes might bring Iran into it so that a war will allow us to destroy Iran's nuclear weapons capabilities without triggering a Holy War.

    We can't attack Iran first so we must get them to attack Israel.

    OBL 11/24/02

  5. #715
    Educator
    Slainte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Scotland
    Last Seen
    02-15-13 @ 11:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,061

    Re: Israeli air strikes target Gaza

    Quote Originally Posted by Tashah View Post
    That's very odd. No one else saw it that way...


    Source: Independent UK
    The fact that it took 12 days to reseal is the first indication that Egypt was reluctant to act, during that time there were various Israeli airstrikes near the crossing as well as massive American pressure, spurred on of course by the Israeli lobby to reseal the border.
    We all live under the same sky, but we don't all have the same horizon

  6. #716
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Israeli air strikes target Gaza

    Quote Originally Posted by Slainte View Post
    The fact that it took 12 days to reseal is the first indication that Egypt was reluctant to act...
    I'm sorry -- didnt you just say:

    For example when the Rafah crossing was breached last January it was Israel and not Egypt who moved swiftly to ensure it was resealed
    Seems to me you cannot decide what 'facts' best fit your argument.

    Now, an honest person would admit that this means your position is untenable, but you go ahead and do what you think is best.

    And, while you;re at it, maybe you can asnwer these questions:
    -Why does Egypt blockade Gaza with the same 'degree of severity' as Israel?
    -Why, if the blockade is the reason for the rocket attacks, are there no rocket attacks on Egypt?

  7. #717
    Educator
    Slainte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Scotland
    Last Seen
    02-15-13 @ 11:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,061

    Re: Israeli air strikes target Gaza

    Quote Originally Posted by Tashah View Post
    Because it's not about the blockade. That is a charade for propaganda purposes. It's only about the destruction of Israel. No more. No less.
    This current conflict is obviously over the blockade, to claim it is random is quite frankly moronic.

    The blockade and all the violence surrounding it however are undoubtedly symptoms of the larger issue. Namely Israel, its creation, its place in the region and the future composition of the holy land. So to some extent you are correct.
    We all live under the same sky, but we don't all have the same horizon

  8. #718
    Ayatollah of Rock n Rolla
    SgtRock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Deep in the Heart of Texas
    Last Seen
    11-27-17 @ 08:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,006

    Re: Israeli air strikes target Gaza

    Quote Originally Posted by SquareMelon View Post
    If this is not hate speech and a call for ethnic cleansing SqtRock, I do not know what is?
    I see no other solution. Can you tell the difference between a member of Hamas dressed in civilian cloths and a civilian? If the Palestinians elected Hamas into power and Hamas breaks ceasefires by attacking Israel what can be done to stop this. Israel is not going to lift the blockade, why should they, it will be used to resupply Hamas with weapons. Israel releases prisoners as a gester of good will and what do the get in return, more rockets.

    Do you have a solution to this short of fulfilling the Hamas goal of killing all Israelis? Hamas could have avoided all of this by simply ending there attacks on Israel, its that simple. So if Israel is going to end this once and for all send the Palestinians to there homeland in Jordan and kill anyone who resists. Sounds pretty cold dosn't it? Well it is, War is hell. Hamas asked for war and Israel is giving it to them.

    Death to Hamas!!!!
    When America is strong the world is calm, When America is weak tyrants and terrorist slaughter the meek. ~ SgtRock

  9. #719
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Israeli air strikes target Gaza

    Quote Originally Posted by Slainte View Post
    This current conflict is obviously over the blockade, to claim it is random is quite frankly moronic.
    1: That is only clear to those that do not want to admit the truth
    2: No one has said the attacks on Israel were random or undertaken on a whim

    The blockade and all the violence surrounding it however are undoubtedly symptoms of the larger issue. Namely Israel, its creation, its place in the region and the future composition of the holy land
    Oh, damn that Irarael, for having the audacity to exist and act as if it would like to continue in that condition!

  10. #720
    Student SquareMelon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    02-19-09 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    248

    Re: Israeli air strikes target Gaza

    Quote Originally Posted by Tashah View Post
    That's very odd. No one else saw it that way...


    Source: Independent UK
    Recall, there was an agreement over the conditions that the Rafah crossing would open. It required that the EU monitors be present for it to open. This agreement also gave the Israeli side a veto over its operation which Israel exercised many times.

    This may help refresh your memory
    ei: How the EU helps Israel to strangle Gaza
    The Square Water Melon Revolution

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •