Page 130 of 155 FirstFirst ... 3080120128129130131132140 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,300 of 1548

Thread: Israeli air strikes target Gaza

  1. #1291
    Sage
    Laila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    04-28-17 @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,095

    Re: Israeli air strikes target Gaza

    Quote Originally Posted by cherokee View Post
    I only know one Israeli and I consider her a trusted friend.

    So Yes I do care.
    Then care for that 1 Israeli no?

  2. #1292
    Devil Dog cherokee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Last Seen
    09-11-09 @ 11:58 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,486

    Re: Israeli air strikes target Gaza

    Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post
    Then care for that 1 Israeli no?
    Can I care for her family as well? How about whom she calls friends? Am I allowed to broaden the number? Am I allowed to care for a people that want peace and not care if the other people who have time and time again demonstrated no desire for peace turn to dust?

  3. #1293
    Sage
    Laila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    04-28-17 @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,095

    Re: Israeli air strikes target Gaza

    Quote Originally Posted by cherokee View Post
    Can I care for her family as well? How about whom she calls friends? Am I allowed to broaden the number? Am I allowed to care for a people that want peace and not care if the other people who have time and time again demonstrated no desire for peace turn to dust?
    Broaden it to the entire country? Really?

  4. #1294
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Whitewater, CO
    Last Seen
    04-05-16 @ 06:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    8,260
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Israeli air strikes target Gaza

    Quote Originally Posted by EgoffTib View Post
    Feel free. It's apparent you are not interested in having a debate, so running to the mods is to be expected. Also, the posts you quoted as being Ad Hominem arguments did not contain the word "hypocrite".
    Yes, they did.

  5. #1295
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: Israeli air strikes target Gaza

    Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    Yes, they did.
    No, they did not. Not a single mention of the word "hypocrite". Nice try, though.

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/1057870116-post1236.html
    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

  6. #1296
    Sage
    Khayembii Communique's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,881

    Re: Israeli air strikes target Gaza

    Yes, they did.
    Ad hominems are when you don't address someone's argument and instead you attack the person. What I did was address your argument and conclude from your argument that your position is hypocritical. I then went on, after addressing your argument, to calling you a hypocrite.

    I addressed your argument. Therefore, no ad hominem.

  7. #1297
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Whitewater, CO
    Last Seen
    04-05-16 @ 06:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    8,260
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Israeli air strikes target Gaza

    Quote Originally Posted by EgoffTib View Post
    I said Israel is killing civilians... and they are. Please take time to read the post before getting emotional and responding hastily.
    Says you... but you know nothing about warfare so you are not qualified to speculate.

  8. #1298
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Whitewater, CO
    Last Seen
    04-05-16 @ 06:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    8,260
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Israeli air strikes target Gaza

    Quote Originally Posted by Khayembii Communique View Post
    Ad hominems are when you don't address someone's argument and instead you attack the person. What I did was address your argument and conclude from your argument that your position is hypocritical. I then went on, after addressing your argument, to calling you a hypocrite.

    I addressed your argument. Therefore, no ad hominem.
    Wrong.

    You attacked me personnally. You admitted it above.

  9. #1299
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Whitewater, CO
    Last Seen
    04-05-16 @ 06:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    8,260
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Israeli air strikes target Gaza

    Quote Originally Posted by EgoffTib View Post
    No, they did not. Not a single mention of the word "hypocrite". Nice try, though.

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/1057870116-post1236.html
    You just got proven wrong:

    [quote=Khayembii Communique;1057870273]Ad hominems are when you don't address someone's argument and instead you attack the person. What I did was address your argument and conclude from your argument that your position is hypocritical. I then went on, after addressing your argument, to calling you a hypocrite.


    You lose.

  10. #1300
    Sage
    Khayembii Communique's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,881

    Re: Israeli air strikes target Gaza

    You attacked me personnally. You admitted it above.
    I didn't admit anything. I said if you want to call it an ad hominem you can, which clearly means that I knew it was not. Plus, I addressed your argument, so it doesn't really matter if I attack you personally after that, because once I address your argument it is no longer an ad hom.


    [quote]
    You just got proven wrong:

    Quote Originally Posted by Khayembii Communique View Post
    Ad hominems are when you don't address someone's argument and instead you attack the person. What I did was address your argument and conclude from your argument that your position is hypocritical. I then went on, after addressing your argument, to calling you a hypocrite.


    You lose.
    Like I said I addressed your argument and showed it was hypocritical.

    Then, I went on to call you a hypocrite.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •