Page 118 of 155 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118119120128 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,180 of 1548

Thread: Israeli air strikes target Gaza

  1. #1171
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: Israeli air strikes target Gaza

    Quote Originally Posted by cherokee View Post
    How about Israel uses gummy bears as bullets?...........
    You did not even attempt to refute my point. I can't say I'm surprised. Here's a cookie, now run along.
    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

  2. #1172
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: Israeli air strikes target Gaza

    Quote Originally Posted by DeeJayH View Post
    I have always taken Ad Hom';s to mean personal attacks
    but the definition he supplied backs him up
    Personal attacks are the most prevalent, but attacking the source rather than the evidence is considered Ad Hom as well.
    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

  3. #1173
    wʜɪтe яussɪaи Tashah's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    ישראל אמריקה
    Last Seen
    05-12-14 @ 04:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,379

    Re: Israeli air strikes target Gaza

    Quote Originally Posted by EgoffTib View Post
    So attack these locations while people are in them? Why not at night, when no one is the mosque or school?
    Dual-use facilities are always occupied. If you militarize any building, it becomes a legitimate target regardless of the hour.

    אשכנזי היהודי Белый Россию

  4. #1174
    Sage
    Khayembii Communique's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,898

    Re: Israeli air strikes target Gaza

    I'm going to do something that I never really do because usually I find it highly inappropriate to do, but people here are so caught up in their own political agendas that they are forgetting that they are discussing real actions taking place in the real world with real consequences to real human beings.

    So let's bring this situation back into the real world; everyone that says that bombing this was justified, could you please tell me how you justify this:



    I'm not posting this to support my own political agenda; I'm just incredibly sick of people acting so cruel and inhuman on this site (and elsewhere) by completely ignoring the fact that real people are dying and most of them are completely innocent. Please just take that into consideration when you discuss this.

    EDIT (in case people think I was being partisan): And in the same vein we must also recognize the converse is true of Hamas' rocket attacks into Israel. Neither of these are justified, and both sides should be condemned outright for the atrocities they have committed.
    Last edited by Khayembii Communique; 01-03-09 at 05:16 PM.

  5. #1175
    Devil Dog cherokee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Last Seen
    09-11-09 @ 11:58 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,486

    Re: Israeli air strikes target Gaza

    Quote Originally Posted by EgoffTib View Post
    You did not even attempt to refute my point. I can't say I'm surprised. Here's a cookie, now run along.
    Whats to refute?

    A target is a target.....

  6. #1176
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: Israeli air strikes target Gaza

    Quote Originally Posted by Tashah View Post
    Dual-use facilities are always occupied. If you militarize any building, it becomes a legitimate target regardless of the hour.
    As Khayembii Communique states, we have yet to see evidence that the facilities targeted housed weapons of any kind.
    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

  7. #1177
    Devil Dog cherokee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Last Seen
    09-11-09 @ 11:58 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,486

    Re: Israeli air strikes target Gaza

    Quote Originally Posted by Khayembii Communique View Post
    I'm going to do something that I never really do because usually I find it highly inappropriate to do, but people here are so caught up in their own political agendas that they are forgetting that they are discussing real actions taking place in the real world with real consequences to real human beings.

    So let's bring this situation back into the real world; everyone that says that bombing this was justified, could you please tell me how you justify this:



    I'm not posting this to support my own political agenda; I'm just incredibly sick of people acting so cruel and inhuman on this site (and elsewhere) by completely ignoring the fact that real people are dying and most of them are completely innocent. Please just take that into consideration when you discuss this.
    Can you prove this is real and not stagged?
    Stagged like so many of the pic's from the 06 war?


    I see no blood at all, no dust nor any dirt on the kid.
    Last edited by cherokee; 01-03-09 at 05:18 PM.

  8. #1178
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Whitewater, CO
    Last Seen
    04-05-16 @ 06:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    8,260
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Israeli air strikes target Gaza

    Quote Originally Posted by Khayembii Communique View Post
    If you bomb out a Mosque that you know is full of civilians, it doesn't matter why you did it. You knew the civilians were there, you intended to bomb the Mosque, so you intended to kill the civilians, directly or indirectly as "collateral damage".

    Then again, you justify that kind of disgusting inhumanity, so I'm not really interested in discussing this with you.
    You do them same thing when Hamas is attacking so you really have no right to talk.

    Quote Originally Posted by Khayembii Communique View Post
    First, you are assuming that they actually did so, when there has been no proof of this offered.

    Second, even if this was done it doesn't justify the bombing of all Mosques, especially when they are full of civilians. And the fact that you "would have rathered" they not bomb 200 civilians is really telling of your position and your agenda. You obviously don't see these people as human beings.

    Everybody is biased; the question is whether or not the information presented is accurate or not. Instead of attacking the source, work with the information provided. If the site is indeed so biased, and you consider the information posted to be false, then it shouldn't be that hard for you to refute it.

    The fact that you choose not to is more telling of your position than of the source of the information provided.
    1.) I didn't assume anything.

    2.) Israel doesn't target at random ... if it was targeted there was a valid reason for doing so.

    3.) Leafelts with warning of the attacks and instructing them to evacutate. I am sorry for those who failed to leave the area.

    4.) You have no proof that the people in the mosque were all civilians ... YOU ARE ASSUMING THEY WERE ALL CIVILIANS and I would say that is very telling of YOUR bias and character. (Yes, it works both ways)

    5.) The site is a KNOWN propaganda site. This fact alone discredits it. There is no need to debate the issue. The site is decidedly anti-Israel and is therefore not creditable. You calling me on this is very telling of where you stand on the issue.

  9. #1179
    Norville Rogers
    Kernel Sanders's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Last Seen
    07-23-12 @ 10:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,730

    Re: Israeli air strikes target Gaza

    Quote Originally Posted by EgoffTib View Post
    So, did they or did they not attack a civilian target? I'm not saying it was not justified, just pointing out that you're wrong in assuming that they do not attack civilian targets.
    They defended their naval blockade from breach by civilians. They did not take the offensive, so no, they did not attack civilians.

  10. #1180
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Whitewater, CO
    Last Seen
    04-05-16 @ 06:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    8,260
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Israeli air strikes target Gaza

    Quote Originally Posted by EgoffTib View Post
    As Khayembii Communique states, we have yet to see evidence that the facilities targeted housed weapons of any kind.
    You have yet post evidence they were not being used for that purpose.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •