Page 114 of 155 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115116124 ... LastLast
Results 1,131 to 1,140 of 1548

Thread: Israeli air strikes target Gaza

  1. #1131
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Whitewater, CO
    Last Seen
    04-05-16 @ 06:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    8,260
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Israeli air strikes target Gaza

    Quote Originally Posted by DeeJayH View Post
    haven't they actually called for numerous ceasefires?

    now of course they only using it to resupply, but still....
    Those don't count as legitimate because they wanted to resupply and rearm for further conflict.


  2. #1132
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: Israeli air strikes target Gaza

    Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    You are wrong. Israel gave back land in an effort to make peace. What has Hamas done? What have the Palestinians done? NOTHING ... NOT ONE DAMN THING!!!!

    Your assumptions about Israel are WRONG.
    Gave back land after they had taken almost all of it. Very impressive attempt at peacemaking. In the future, if you do not know what you are talking about, it's best not to open your mouth.

    http://www.zionismexplained.org/map/landmap1.jpg
    Moderator's Warning:
    Israeli air strikes target GazaImage stretches browser. Text link intact.
    Last edited by Tashah; 01-03-09 at 03:40 PM. Reason: image stretches browser window
    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

  3. #1133
    Baby Eating Monster
    Korimyr the Rat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Laramie, WY
    Last Seen
    11-23-17 @ 02:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    18,709
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Israeli air strikes target Gaza

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    One can only support terrorism by wallowing in profound denial about their history.
    Or by refusing to wallow in denial about our own. Terrorism is how war is fought against nations that are larger, better armed, and better funded than your own; it is the only way that such wars can be won. And if you think that our own fine country has not deliberately targeted citizens, from the Revolution through Vietnam and then some, your history teachers have done you a grave disservice.

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    Does ANYONE who sympathizes with the Palestinian plight honestly believe that Hammas or Hezbollah REALLY want peace?
    No. They want victory. They do not want to share their land with the people who took it from them-- they want it back. To them, there is no peace while they are living as refugees on their own land. Leave aside whose side you are on-- the same side that I am on-- for a moment, and ask yourself if you can honestly blame them.

    I can't. Then again, I don't need to blame them to justify killing them; it is enough for me that they are at war with our ally.

  4. #1134
    R.I.P. Léo
    bub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    05-17-12 @ 03:54 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,649

    Re: Israeli air strikes target Gaza

    Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    No. Then again ... Israel DOES NOT target civilians. Targeting civilians is usually something that Hamas does.

    Again, Israel is NOT targeting civilians. Hamas is hiding among civilians because they (a) Don't give a damn what happens to citizens of Palestine; (b) Think hiding in civilian areas will prevent retaliation from Israel; and (c) like using the civilian casualty angle to take the heat off themselves and avoid responsibility for the deaths caused by their own actions.
    Yes, they don't target civilians, I know that

    But don't you think taht the aim of the raid is to destroy buildings and kill some Hamas members, with the predictible but unwanted death of civilians, so that Palestinians understand that they should stop supporting Hamas if they want to stop the raids?

  5. #1135
    Sage
    DeeJayH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Scooping Zeus' Poop
    Last Seen
    06-21-15 @ 03:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    11,728

    Re: Israeli air strikes target Gaza

    Quote Originally Posted by bub View Post
    Yes, they don't target civilians, I know that

    But don't you think taht the aim of the raid is to destroy buildings and kill some Hamas members, with the predictible but unwanted death of civilians, so that Palestinians understand that they should stop supporting Hamas if they want to stop the raids?
    yeah, and do you think there is anything wrong with that

    it is called 'breaking the will of the enemy'
    or 'turning public opinion against the status quo'

    Human Taxidermist - - now offering his services for all your loved ones
    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    How the hell did you just tie in a retroactive reparative measure with a proactive preventative measure. Not even close to being the same thing.

  6. #1136
    R.I.P. Léo
    bub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    05-17-12 @ 03:54 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,649

    Re: Israeli air strikes target Gaza

    Quote Originally Posted by EgoffTib View Post
    Gave back land after they had taken almost all of it. Very impressive attempt at peacemaking. In the future, if you do not know what you are talking about, it's best not to open your mouth.

    http://www.zionismexplained.org/map/landmap1.jpg
    Moderator's Warning:
    Israeli air strikes target GazaImage stretches browser. Text link intact.
    the gaza colonies were about 5 or 6% of the total size of the illegal colonies.

    8,000 settlers left Gaza while 40,000 went to West Bank

  7. #1137
    Baby Eating Monster
    Korimyr the Rat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Laramie, WY
    Last Seen
    11-23-17 @ 02:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    18,709
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Israeli air strikes target Gaza

    Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    Those don't count as legitimate because they wanted to resupply and rearm for further conflict.
    That's what everyone does during a ceasefire. That is what a ceasefire is for.

  8. #1138
    Sage
    DeeJayH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Scooping Zeus' Poop
    Last Seen
    06-21-15 @ 03:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    11,728

    Re: Israeli air strikes target Gaza

    wasn;t that actually British land?

    Human Taxidermist - - now offering his services for all your loved ones
    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    How the hell did you just tie in a retroactive reparative measure with a proactive preventative measure. Not even close to being the same thing.

  9. #1139
    R.I.P. Léo
    bub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    05-17-12 @ 03:54 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,649

    Re: Israeli air strikes target Gaza

    Quote Originally Posted by DeeJayH View Post
    wasn;t that actually British land?
    I guess the green part is the part where Palestinians (or Arabs...whatever their name was) used to live

  10. #1140
    R.I.P. Léo
    bub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    05-17-12 @ 03:54 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,649

    Re: Israeli air strikes target Gaza

    Quote Originally Posted by DeeJayH View Post
    yeah, and do you think there is anything wrong with that

    it is called 'breaking the will of the enemy'
    or 'turning public opinion against the status quo'
    and how would you do that? because they'd fear more attacks?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •