Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 121

Thread: Major Israeli settlement 'unlawful'

  1. #91
    Banned Billo_Really's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    HBCA
    Last Seen
    01-14-09 @ 10:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    18,930

    Re: Major Israeli settlement 'unlawful'

    Quote Originally Posted by bub View Post
    There are still many illegal colonies, even if Israel has made efforts. And that's only a part of the problem. There is also the security fence (that annexes even more Palestinian territory), pogroms against Palestinian farmers, numerous Palestinian civilian who die as "collateral damage", the blocus, the checkpoints...I totally disagree and fully condemn the launching of rockets by the Hamas, but it is clear that the Hamas is not the only responsible for the war.
    Are you talking about these?


  2. #92
    Defender of the Faith
    ludahai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Taichung, Taiwan - 2017 East Asian Games Candidate City
    Last Seen
    07-03-13 @ 02:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    10,320

    Re: Major Israeli settlement 'unlawful'

    Quote Originally Posted by bub View Post
    There are still many illegal colonies, even if Israel has made efforts. And that's only a part of the problem. There is also the security fence (that annexes even more Palestinian territory), pogroms against Palestinian farmers, numerous Palestinian civilian who die as "collateral damage", the blocus, the checkpoints...I totally disagree and fully condemn the launching of rockets by the Hamas, but it is clear that the Hamas is not the only responsible for the war.
    Israel has shown its good will. Where is Hamas's? Or, does Israel have to 100% unilaterally give everything up before the Palestinians have to do anything?
    Semper Paratus
    Boston = City of Champions: Bruins 2011; Celtics 2008; Red Sox 2004, 2007; Patriots 2002, 2004, 2005
    Jon Huntsman for President

  3. #93
    Banned Billo_Really's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    HBCA
    Last Seen
    01-14-09 @ 10:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    18,930

    Re: Major Israeli settlement 'unlawful'

    Quote Originally Posted by ludahai View Post
    Israel has shown its good will. Where is Hamas's? Or, does Israel have to 100% unilaterally give everything up before the Palestinians have to do anything?
    I think Israel should bring all their citizens back to west of the Green Line. Then, any rockets launched after that, is clearly an act of aggression by the Palestinian state.

  4. #94
    R.I.P. Léo
    bub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    05-17-12 @ 03:54 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,649

    Re: Major Israeli settlement 'unlawful'

    Quote Originally Posted by ludahai View Post
    Israel has shown its good will. Where is Hamas's? Or, does Israel have to 100% unilaterally give everything up before the Palestinians have to do anything?
    First, Palestinians should stop launching rockets immediatly. We both agree on that.

    But you can't expect them to do so as long as there is a military blockade, house demolitions ( House demolition in the Israeli–Palestinian conflict - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ), a security fence that has huge negative effects on civilians ( Israeli West Bank barrier - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ) ...

    Israel made efforts but a lot has to be done

  5. #95
    Defender of the Faith
    ludahai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Taichung, Taiwan - 2017 East Asian Games Candidate City
    Last Seen
    07-03-13 @ 02:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    10,320

    Re: Major Israeli settlement 'unlawful'

    Quote Originally Posted by Billo_Really View Post
    I think Israel should bring all their citizens back to west of the Green Line. Then, any rockets launched after that, is clearly an act of aggression by the Palestinian state.
    Why should Israel unilaterally surrender every point before the Palestinians show even one iota of good will? The Israelis have already withdrawn from Gaza, and all that resulted in was the creation of a base in Gaza to use against Israel. Israel has a right to know that the West Bank won't become a similar base before they completely withdraw from it.
    Semper Paratus
    Boston = City of Champions: Bruins 2011; Celtics 2008; Red Sox 2004, 2007; Patriots 2002, 2004, 2005
    Jon Huntsman for President

  6. #96
    Defender of the Faith
    ludahai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Taichung, Taiwan - 2017 East Asian Games Candidate City
    Last Seen
    07-03-13 @ 02:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    10,320

    Re: Major Israeli settlement 'unlawful'

    Quote Originally Posted by bub View Post
    First, Palestinians should stop launching rockets immediatly. We both agree on that.

    But you can't expect them to do so as long as there is a military blockade, house demolitions ( House demolition in the Israeli–Palestinian conflict - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ), a security fence that has huge negative effects on civilians ( Israeli West Bank barrier - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ) ...

    Israel made efforts but a lot has to be done
    The demolitions have nothing to do with Gaza. Israel withdrew from Gaza, Hamas should be happy with that. Let Abu Mazin deal with the problems in the West Bank. One thing people don't seem to realize at this point is that Gaza and the West Bank are two completely different entities at this point with two entirely different governments and administrations and two completely different sets of facts on the ground.
    Semper Paratus
    Boston = City of Champions: Bruins 2011; Celtics 2008; Red Sox 2004, 2007; Patriots 2002, 2004, 2005
    Jon Huntsman for President

  7. #97
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Whitewater, CO
    Last Seen
    04-05-16 @ 06:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    8,260
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Major Israeli settlement 'unlawful'

    Quote Originally Posted by Billo_Really View Post
    I think Israel should bring all their citizens back to west of the Green Line. Then, any rockets launched after that, is clearly an act of aggression by the Palestinian state.
    I think the rocket attacks that have occurred already are an act of agression.

    The security fence was created to keep terrorist assholes from Palestine from blowing themselves up in Israeli settlements.

    If they Palestinians get Hamas and the other terrorists out of Palestine, THE FENCE WILL NOT BE NECESSARY.

    Until then, the Palestinians can live with it.

  8. #98
    Banned Billo_Really's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    HBCA
    Last Seen
    01-14-09 @ 10:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    18,930

    Re: Major Israeli settlement 'unlawful'

    Quote Originally Posted by ludahai View Post
    Why should Israel unilaterally surrender every point before the Palestinians show even one iota of good will? The Israelis have already withdrawn from Gaza, and all that resulted in was the creation of a base in Gaza to use against Israel. Israel has a right to know that the West Bank won't become a similar base before they completely withdraw from it.
    Israel needs to end the occupation. Period. The illegal settlements and apartheid wall are major causes of the problem. There is only one solution in regards to an "occupation", and that is to end it. They need to do this irregardless of what the Palestinian's do. But I'll tell you this, if they do do this, and they still get rockets, it's hard to believe that anyone would be on the side of the Palestinians. I know I wouldn't. It would be all on Palestine at that point. They would be considered the aggressors.

  9. #99
    Defender of the Faith
    ludahai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Taichung, Taiwan - 2017 East Asian Games Candidate City
    Last Seen
    07-03-13 @ 02:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    10,320

    Re: Major Israeli settlement 'unlawful'

    Quote Originally Posted by Billo_Really View Post
    Israel needs to end the occupation. Period. The illegal settlements and apartheid wall are major causes of the problem. There is only one solution in regards to an "occupation", and that is to end it. They need to do this irregardless of what the Palestinian's do. But I'll tell you this, if they do do this, and they still get rockets, it's hard to believe that anyone would be on the side of the Palestinians. I know I wouldn't. It would be all on Palestine at that point. They would be considered the aggressors.
    Billo - they have already withdrawn from Gaza, yet the worst problems are coming out of Gaza. Israel is rightfully NOT going to withdraw from the West Bank until they have reasonable assurances that their security will be respected. Remember, Hamas's goal is to exterminate Israel. Do you HONESTLY think that will change if Israel withdraws from the West Bank?
    Semper Paratus
    Boston = City of Champions: Bruins 2011; Celtics 2008; Red Sox 2004, 2007; Patriots 2002, 2004, 2005
    Jon Huntsman for President

  10. #100
    R.I.P. Léo
    bub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    05-17-12 @ 03:54 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,649

    Re: Major Israeli settlement 'unlawful'

    Quote Originally Posted by ludahai View Post
    Why should Israel unilaterally surrender every point before the Palestinians show even one iota of good will? The Israelis have already withdrawn from Gaza, and all that resulted in was the creation of a base in Gaza to use against Israel. Israel has a right to know that the West Bank won't become a similar base before they completely withdraw from it.
    uh and the Hamas stopped sending kamikazes! win-win

    If Israel stops its illegal occupation of Palestinian land and stops the blockade of Gaza, maybe Hamas will stop launching rockets too!

    But it won't be the case, as they still have not understood that "using the strong way" against the Hamas will only bring a new intifada...

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •