Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 24

Thread: Exclusive: Obama's Blago Report: Only One Rahm Call to Governor

  1. #1
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,756

    Exclusive: Obama's Blago Report: Only One Rahm Call to Governor

    According to the report, there were also 4 calls to Blago's chief of staff. The report, due out this week, after a delay because of a request from the Department of Justice, will vindicate Emmanuel, and put to rest the notion lie that somebody on the Obama team was interested in making a deal.

    Sources also confirm that Emanuel made the case for picking Obama confidante Valerie Jarrett during at least one of the conversations. In the course of that conversation, Harris asked if in return for picking Jarrett, "all we get is appreciation, right?" "Right," Emanuel responded.
    Definition:

    FOX News (Also see Drudge, Washington Times) - 1) A machine used in the manufacturing of counterfeit news. 2) A cloaking device used to disguise propaganda and political hit jobs as news reports. 3) See libel.

    Article is here.
    Last edited by danarhea; 12-22-08 at 10:08 PM.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  2. #2
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,998

    Re: Exclusive: Obama's Blago Report: Only One Rahm Call to Governor

    I have one small issue with this. And not so much my own issue, but an issue with hypocracy.

    To my understanding, Emanuel and those in the Obama camp didn't just say they did nothing wrong but repeatedly stated that Emanuel had "NO" contact with Blago's office concerning the appointment. This however seems counter to that.

    Now, it seems he's done nothing bad if this comes out as true (and if I wasn't going to believe the RUMOR that he was actually involved, I'm not going to believe this one either, till I see proof either way). And that's great and I don't want anything to happen to him.

    But where is all those on the left, and even the right, that hounded the Bush administration when they would "lie" or "mislead" or other such things, even when they didn't do anything specifically wrong, yelling about the Obama administration doing the same thing? Espicially when it was a campaign ran on the promise of a more transparent administration?

  3. #3
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,756

    Re: Exclusive: Obama's Blago Report: Only One Rahm Call to Governor

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    I have one small issue with this. And not so much my own issue, but an issue with hypocracy.

    To my understanding, Emanuel and those in the Obama camp didn't just say they did nothing wrong but repeatedly stated that Emanuel had "NO" contact with Blago's office concerning the appointment. This however seems counter to that.

    Now, it seems he's done nothing bad if this comes out as true (and if I wasn't going to believe the RUMOR that he was actually involved, I'm not going to believe this one either, till I see proof either way). And that's great and I don't want anything to happen to him.

    But where is all those on the left, and even the right, that hounded the Bush administration when they would "lie" or "mislead" or other such things, even when they didn't do anything specifically wrong, yelling about the Obama administration doing the same thing? Espicially when it was a campaign ran on the promise of a more transparent administration?
    You have a point, except that the Obama campaign was asked by the Justice Department NOT to release their report on contacts with Blago, but to wait for a week, due to the ongoing investigation, and the Obama campaign complied. They are releasing the report this week.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  4. #4
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: Exclusive: Obama's Blago Report: Only One Rahm Call to Governor

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    According to the report, there were also 4 calls to Blago's chief of staff. The report, due out this week, after a delay because of a request from the Department of Justice, will vindicate Emmanuel, and put to rest the notion lie that somebody on the Obama team was interested in making a deal.

    Definition:

    FOX News (Also see Drudge, Washington Times) - 1) A machine used in the manufacturing of counterfeit news. 2) A cloaking device used to disguise propaganda and political hit jobs as news reports. 3) See libel.

    Article is here.
    What does Fox News have to do with it??

    • "The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville





  5. #5
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,998

    Re: Exclusive: Obama's Blago Report: Only One Rahm Call to Governor

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    You have a point, except that the Obama campaign was asked by the Justice Department NOT to release their report on contacts with Blago, but to wait for a week, due to the ongoing investigation, and the Obama campaign complied. They are releasing the report this week.
    I understand that part and agree. What I'm saying is (And I may be wrong as honestly I've been too busy to follow this closely) its not just that the Obama camp has been saying that they can't release information, but they've been saying flat out that no one on his staff had any contact regarding the seat.

    There's a difference between saying:

    "The justice department asked us not to talk about any possible interaction or non-interaction with the governors office"

    and

    "No one from our staff was in contact with the governor".

    Its to my understanding that the Obama camp has stated something along the lines of the 2nd statement there. That's where the issue is in regards to the hypocracy.

    As I said though, if I'm wrong and that kind of thing was never said and I'm getting bad information, np...i'll admit I'm wrong as I've not had a chance to follow this amazingly close

  6. #6
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Exclusive: Obama's Blago Report: Only One Rahm Call to Governor

    I love that we take the Obama's camps report. So as long as they say it, it's trusted right?
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  7. #7
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Exclusive: Obama's Blago Report: Only One Rahm Call to Governor

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    According to the report, there were also 4 calls to Blago's chief of staff. The report, due out this week, after a delay because of a request from the Department of Justice, will vindicate Emmanuel, and put to rest the notion lie that somebody on the Obama team was interested in making a deal.
    "I did nothing wrong, and the report I wrote proves it".


  8. #8
    Advisor SWM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    If love was cow blood, I'd be a slaugterhouse.
    Last Seen
    01-20-10 @ 08:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    310

    Re: Exclusive: Obama's Blago Report: Only One Rahm Call to Governor

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    I understand that part and agree. What I'm saying is (And I may be wrong as honestly I've been too busy to follow this closely) its not just that the Obama camp has been saying that they can't release information, but they've been saying flat out that no one on his staff had any contact regarding the seat.

    There's a difference between saying:

    "The justice department asked us not to talk about any possible interaction or non-interaction with the governors office"

    and

    "No one from our staff was in contact with the governor".

    Its to my understanding that the Obama camp has stated something along the lines of the 2nd statement there. That's where the issue is in regards to the hypocracy.

    As I said though, if I'm wrong and that kind of thing was never said and I'm getting bad information, np...i'll admit I'm wrong as I've not had a chance to follow this amazingly close
    I believe the official story was that Obama himself wasn't in contact. That stirred a minor controversy as Axelrod said casually previous to this debacle that Obama had spoke to Blagojevich at some point, though later said he was mistaken about that. I don't recall anyone suggesting that no one had spoken to Blagojevich.

  9. #9
    Professor

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Last Seen
    02-13-09 @ 05:15 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,942

    Re: Exclusive: Obama's Blago Report: Only One Rahm Call to Governor

    So that settles it, right?

    The internal review conducted by Obama's crew concludes that one aide had one contact with Blago regarding filling the vacant seat.

    I'm sold.

    Just imagine if the Bush administration had conducted such internal investigations.

  10. #10
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,998

    Re: Exclusive: Obama's Blago Report: Only One Rahm Call to Governor

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    I love that we take the Obama's camps report. So as long as they say it, it's trusted right?
    Quote Originally Posted by JMak View Post
    So that settles it, right?

    The internal review conducted by Obama's crew concludes that one aide had one contact with Blago regarding filling the vacant seat.

    I'm sold.

    Just imagine if the Bush administration had conducted such internal investigations.
    Absolutely, as I said:

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    (and if I wasn't going to believe the RUMOR that he was actually involved, I'm not going to believe this one either, till I see proof either way). And that's great and I don't want anything to happen to him.
    I do get a good laugh out of anyone on this thread that was acting incredulous to the threads of reports/rumors that Obama's staff was involved somehow and saying "We need to hear the OFFICIAL story, not supposed leaks" but now are harrolding, surprise surprise, NOT an official story as somehow much more factual.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •