Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Police break up Russian protests

  1. #1
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    05-13-11 @ 09:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    4,075
    Blog Entries
    3

    Police break up Russian protests

    Link
    BBC NEWS | Europe | Police break up Russian protests
    What disgraceful behavior, have these people no sense of gratitude, after all that Putin and his puppets have done for them?

  2. #2
    Conservative Independent
    DarkWizard12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Tyler TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,562

    Re: Police break up Russian protests

    Quote Originally Posted by jujuman13 View Post
    Link
    BBC NEWS | Europe | Police break up Russian protests
    What disgraceful behavior, have these people no sense of gratitude, after all that Putin and his puppets have done for them?
    stupid people, giving their opinions freely like that, where do they think they are, America? Bleh!

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-29-10 @ 12:03 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,379

    Re: Police break up Russian protests

    Quote Originally Posted by jujuman13 View Post
    Link
    BBC NEWS | Europe | Police break up Russian protests
    What disgraceful behavior, have these people no sense of gratitude, after all that Putin and his puppets have done for them?
    Once I suggested you to post on Yahoo. I was wrong. I was pointed many times since that any lies and deceptions about Russia, any kind of Russo phobia are encouraged on DP, when any truth may be a subject for a swift and severe punishment. I apologize for my mistake. Carry on.
    ‘’The current situation began on December 9 when Putin in the name of protecting Russia's domestic automobile producers imposed an additional tariff on imported cars. That hit the Russian Far East especially hard because people there who own cars generally own Japanese brands with steering wheels on the right.
    Then on the weekend of December 13-14, a column of 700 cars paraded through Vladivostok and blocked access to the airport for some hours to protest the new tariff. Leaders of the group said that they would stage a larger protest meeting on December 20 or 21st if Putin did not reverse himself.’’

    YouTube - ????? ???????? ? ?. ????????????

    YouTube - ????? ???????? ??????????? 14.12.2008
    YouTube - 2008 12 21 Podavlenie demonstratsii
    YouTube - ???????????, 21.12.2008, ????? ????????. ????????? ?????.
    YouTube - Vladivostok 21.12.2008 razgon mitinga.
    .Each time when Putin cracks on corruption, criminals, black market and other uncivilized phenomena in Russia, the West screams – “”KGB!’’, “Stalin!”. Would you let used Japanese cars with steering wheels on the right flood the US through half illegal market and shady repair shops or you would impose an extra tax on such items and activities?

  4. #4
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    05-13-11 @ 09:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    4,075
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Police break up Russian protests

    Justone wrote, Quote
    (.Each time when Putin cracks on corruption, criminals, black market and other uncivilized phenomena in Russia,the West screams – “”KGB!’’, “Stalin!”.)

    The West screams when Medvedev seeks to place honest judges and Putin with his pet puppets (Duma) objects to that action.


    Quote (Would you let used Japanese cars with steering wheels on the right flood the US through half illegal market and shady repair shops or you would impose an extra tax on such items and activities?)

    What is a half illegal market?

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-29-10 @ 12:03 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,379

    Re: Police break up Russian protests

    Quote Originally Posted by jujuman13 View Post
    The West screams when Medvedev seeks to place honest judges and Putin with his pet puppets (Duma) objects to that action.
    Please undertake the task to quote properly. As you refuse to follow minimal formalities I may refuse to reply. If you don't know how - ask.
    I understand you refuse to discuss the subject but rather are coming with new insinuations. In your original insinuation you at least posted a link and referred to real events. I have no clue what particular incident you are referring to. So far the only thing I've heard from the West is the insinuation that Medvedev is Putin's puppet. It seems like you have a whole wagon of insulations. What does cause such an unbalance in your mentality?

    Quote Originally Posted by jujuman13 View Post
    Quote (Would you let used Japanese cars with steering wheels on the right flood the US through half illegal market and shady repair shops or you would impose an extra tax on such items and activities?)

    What is a half illegal market?
    It is a phenomenon Medvedev and Putin are trying to crack on. It is a market legalized through bribery and corruption and involvement of local officials and especially custom service officials, in this particular case. Shady repair shop is when you buy a smuggled used Japanese car and make repair in your garage without license and safety procedures using unlicensed parts from shady manufactories in China. Vladik has been in such a business from the beginning of the fall of the USSR.

  6. #6
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    05-13-11 @ 09:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    4,075
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Police break up Russian protests

    justone wrote.
    Quote
    (It is a phenomenon Medvedev and Putin are trying to crack on.)

    Both Medvedev and Putin? Oh WOW
    May we have a link that supports that premise.

    Quote
    (It is a market legalized through bribery and corruption and involvement of local officials and especially custom service officials, in this particular case.)

    So as I understand it, RUSSIA remains as corrupt a society as was the USSR?

    Quote
    (Shady repair shop is when you buy a smuggled used Japanese car and make repair in your garage)

    I have no garage and certainly none in Russia

    Quote
    (without license and safety procedures using unlicensed parts from shady manufactories in China.)

    Would this be because Russia does not have the required technology to produce vehicle parts within Russia.
    Licenses are generally a manner by which the issuing authority gains monies from those it issues licenses to, usually the local Taxpayer.
    I take your point about China.

    Quote
    (Vladik has been in such a business from the beginning of the fall of the USSR.)

    I think you might have been honest enough to admit that this business has been in existence since before the beginning of the fall of the USSR?

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-29-10 @ 12:03 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,379

    Re: Police break up Russian protests

    Quote Originally Posted by jujuman13 View Post
    justone wrote.
    Quote
    (It is a phenomenon Medvedev and Putin are trying to crack on.)

    Both Medvedev and Putin? Oh WOW
    May we have a link that supports that premise.

    Quote
    (It is a market legalized through bribery and corruption and involvement of local officials and especially custom service officials, in this particular case.)

    So as I understand it, RUSSIA remains as corrupt a society as was the USSR?

    Quote
    (Shady repair shop is when you buy a smuggled used Japanese car and make repair in your garage)

    I have no garage and certainly none in Russia

    Quote
    (without license and safety procedures using unlicensed parts from shady manufactories in China.)

    Would this be because Russia does not have the required technology to produce vehicle parts within Russia.
    Licenses are generally a manner by which the issuing authority gains monies from those it issues licenses to, usually the local Taxpayer.
    I take your point about China.

    Quote
    (Vladik has been in such a business from the beginning of the fall of the USSR.)

    I think you might have been honest enough to admit that this business has been in existence since before the beginning of the fall of the USSR?
    Quote Originally Posted by jujuman13 View Post
    justone wrote.
    Quote
    (It is a phenomenon Medvedev and Putin are trying to crack on.)

    Both and Putin? Oh WOW May we have a link that supports that premise.

    Medvedev is the President of the RF, Putin is the prime minister of the same RF.
    What link do you need to such a self evident fact?

    Quote Originally Posted by jujuman13 View Post
    Quote
    (It is a market legalized through bribery and corruption and involvement of local officials and especially custom service officials, in this particular case.)

    So as I understand it, RUSSIA remains as corrupt a society as was the USSR?
    RF isn’t the USSR, what link do you need to such a self evident fact? It is corrupt as I have stated, but it is not as corrupt a society as was the USSR


    Quote Originally Posted by jujuman13 View Post
    (Shady repair shop is when you buy a smuggled used Japanese car and make repair in your garage)

    I have no garage and certainly none in Russia
    I never imposed that you had a garage in Russia. It is typical for your type to go completely non-nonsensical.

    Quote Originally Posted by jujuman13 View Post
    Quote
    (without license and safety procedures using unlicensed parts from shady manufactories in China.)

    Would this be because Russia does not have the required technology to produce vehicle parts within Russia.
    No. Your suggestion is nonsensical. Foreign manufactories have the same saloons as they have in the West or the US and you can get the same parts, as you get here, all the same. They are authorized representatives of FORD, GM, Bentley, Rolls-Royce, - you name it.

    Quote Originally Posted by jujuman13 View Post
    Licenses are generally a manner by which the issuing authority gains monies from those it issues licenses to, usually the local Taxpayer.
    No. Your suggestion is nonsensical. License is the way of CONSUMER PROTECTION.


    Quote Originally Posted by jujuman13 View Post
    Quote
    (Vladik has been in such a business from the beginning of the fall of the USSR.)

    I think you might have been honest enough to admit that this business has been in existence since before the beginning of the fall of the USSR?
    You resort to personal insults, you refuse to discuss the subject, you refuse to follow minimal formalities, you keep on posting non-sense. It is typical for all Russo phobic posters. You are not driven by desire to look at the facts and weight them reasonably.

    This business was in existence before the beginning of the fall of the USSR, - not in the way or measure of its existence today.

    You have been circling around with no sense. You are not interested in direct discussion or comments of the facts posted. You attitude is not helpful to finding the right position towards Russia which becomes more vocal and energetic on the international stage.
    Last edited by justone; 01-05-09 at 11:35 AM.

  8. #8
    Professor
    shiznit770's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    07-08-10 @ 07:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,393

    Re: Police break up Russian protests

    Quote Originally Posted by justone View Post
    Please undertake the task to quote properly. As you refuse to follow minimal formalities I may refuse to reply. If you don't know how - ask.
    I understand you refuse to discuss the subject but rather are coming with new insinuations. In your original insinuation you at least posted a link and referred to real events. I have no clue what particular incident you are referring to. So far the only thing I've heard from the West is the insinuation that Medvedev is Putin's puppet. It seems like you have a whole wagon of insulations. What does cause such an unbalance in your mentality?

    It is a phenomenon Medvedev and Putin are trying to crack on. It is a market legalized through bribery and corruption and involvement of local officials and especially custom service officials, in this particular case. Shady repair shop is when you buy a smuggled used Japanese car and make repair in your garage without license and safety procedures using unlicensed parts from shady manufactories in China. Vladik has been in such a business from the beginning of the fall of the USSR.
    I understand the justification for the tax and the protest, but what is the situation for holding protests in Russia? In the US a group has a legal right to hold protest but if it may endanger the safety of others(due to size or location) they are required to get a permit from the government. Is the situation similar in Russia?

    Thanks.

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-29-10 @ 12:03 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,379

    Re: Police break up Russian protests

    According to the sound in the video a clear voice of a Russian official keeps on announcing through a megaphone: Please leave the area. Any demonstration in this area requires a notification (application?) filed with the city. No notification (application) has been filed; Please leave the area, those who are not complying will be given an administrative fine (will be fined).

    The first video shows clear interruption with well-being/business of many other residents of the city, blocking traffic, etc.

    The low quality video I did not post shows blocking of the main airport.

    I cannot quote the laws, - forgive me for not spending my time to research, - as well they maybe different for different cities, - as you can see Vladik has its own specifics – weather etc., but it looks to me that Russia is more liberal towards protests than the US. Putin has a necessity to demonstrate that he is for democracy, when it is considered that it is given that the US is.

    You can see numerous journalists taking pictures and videos, as well as the attitude of police towards them. My videos are taken mostly by amateurs, but many of those journalists will make a montage and scream about brutalities and dictatorship – openly and freely twisting facts worse than BBC.


    The last video shows a journalist (quite possible a foreign one) and the voice of a police officer: ‘’I am truly afraid you can fall. Be so kind to take my hand, be careful I am begging you, you shouldn’t have claimed up there it is very dangerous, please don’t slip here, let me help you…” I hardly can imagine such words from a cop here in a similar situation, - can you?


    I have not been in Russia for over 12 years, and I was (wrongly) giving up any hope for a change for the better for almost 11 years, so mostly I gather my info from the net using the knowledge of the language and my humble analytical abilities, including an ability to change my opinion facing facts. There is something very interesting brewing there, very difficult to understand and make conclusions and forecasts, some kind of unexplored territory they are wondering into. The more I am upset when genuine posters from Russia are chased from DP so relentlessly.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •