Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 112

Thread: Arkansas mom Michelle Duggar gives birth to 18th child

  1. #81
    Professor
    Marilyn Monroe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    03-06-14 @ 03:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    2,137

    Re: Arkansas mom Michelle Duggar gives birth to 18th child

    Quote Originally Posted by Kali View Post
    It really is like the family functions more like a factory other than a real family. I guess with that many kids you have to figure something out though.
    My question is do they use birth control. They definitely need to. MHO is having that many kids is obscene. It's senseless excess. Obviously they are working on a record.

    The Mom says," are there too many flowers"? When they are human, yes.
    "It's not that I'm afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens." Woody Allen.

  2. #82
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    New Orleans
    Last Seen
    05-06-11 @ 07:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,082

    Re: Arkansas mom Michelle Duggar gives birth to 18th child

    Quote Originally Posted by Marilyn Monroe View Post
    My question is do they use birth control. They definitely need to. MHO is having that many kids is obscene. It's senseless excess. Obviously they are working on a record.

    The Mom says," are there too many flowers"? When they are human, yes.
    Lots of people have excesses. Some people climb mountains knowing they might die. Some people take drugs. Some have children to get welfare. Some make their kids learn the family acrobat business.

    The thing about the Duggars is that they are not bothering anybody and the kids appear perfectly happy and educated.

    Nobody will have to go rescue them on a mountain. No one will have to be affected by their drug problem. Nobody has to pay for their children.

    Either human life is a miracle or it is not.

  3. #83
    Sage
    DeeJayH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Scooping Zeus' Poop
    Last Seen
    06-21-15 @ 03:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    11,728

    Re: Arkansas mom Michelle Duggar gives birth to 18th child

    Quote Originally Posted by Marilyn Monroe View Post
    My question is do they use birth control. They definitely need to. MHO is having that many kids is obscene. It's senseless excess. Obviously they are working on a record.

    The Mom says," are there too many flowers"? When they are human, yes.
    and yet I can not imagine not having a big family, although the duggars are bigger than anything i would want, but so long as they are not on public assistance than I say more power to them

    I do not understand how people willingly have only 1 kid. kind of a good idea to have a back up, ya know, in case tragedy strikes. spare parts and all. replacement model

    Human Taxidermist - - now offering his services for all your loved ones
    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    How the hell did you just tie in a retroactive reparative measure with a proactive preventative measure. Not even close to being the same thing.

  4. #84
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Arkansas mom Michelle Duggar gives birth to 18th child

    Quote Originally Posted by DeeJayH View Post

    I do not understand how people willingly have only 1 kid. kind of a good idea to have a back up, ya know, in case tragedy strikes. spare parts and all. replacement model
    That is what clones are for

  5. #85
    Sage
    DeeJayH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Scooping Zeus' Poop
    Last Seen
    06-21-15 @ 03:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    11,728

    Re: Arkansas mom Michelle Duggar gives birth to 18th child

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    That is what clones are for
    I hope clones come about soon
    I always wanted to beat the **** out of myself to see who would win

    Human Taxidermist - - now offering his services for all your loved ones
    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    How the hell did you just tie in a retroactive reparative measure with a proactive preventative measure. Not even close to being the same thing.

  6. #86
    Baby Eating Monster
    Korimyr the Rat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Laramie, WY
    Last Seen
    11-23-17 @ 02:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    18,709
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Arkansas mom Michelle Duggar gives birth to 18th child

    Quote Originally Posted by Marilyn Monroe View Post
    MHO is having that many kids is obscene. It's senseless excess.
    Spending fifty thousand dollars on a wedding or buying a new car every year is senseless excess. Buying children an expensive wardrobe that they're going to outgrow in six months, or a thousand dollars worth of toys they'll ignore, is a senseless excess.

    Those are obscene. Having a large family, that is guaranteeing your legacy on Earth.

  7. #87
    Professor
    Marilyn Monroe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    03-06-14 @ 03:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    2,137

    Re: Arkansas mom Michelle Duggar gives birth to 18th child

    Quote Originally Posted by sazerac View Post
    Lots of people have excesses. Some people climb mountains knowing they might die. Some people take drugs. Some have children to get welfare. Some make their kids learn the family acrobat business.

    The thing about the Duggars is that they are not bothering anybody and the kids appear perfectly happy and educated.

    Nobody will have to go rescue them on a mountain. No one will have to be affected by their drug problem. Nobody has to pay for their children.

    Either human life is a miracle or it is not.
    It's too many lives. This isn't an everyday excess.

    It bothers me cause I think they're nuts. You don't know who will end up paying for their children, but I can bet they won't be paying for college educations. They are taking a gift and abusing it.

    They could have had 5 or 6 if they wanted a large family.

    When you are having a kid almost every year the female body does not have time to recover. It's not healthy to have this many kids.

    Nobody asks Michelle how she feels, but I would bet she doesn't feel great ever. Being pregnant takes a lot out of a woman's body. Personally, and I would bet he's never asked her, Jimbob should have told Michelle years ago that they had enough kids. I'll bet he's the force behind all the kids more than she is cause most of these religions that condone the large families and the homeschooling also believe the man is the head, he's the boss, and he's the one who dictates what everybody is doing.
    "It's not that I'm afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens." Woody Allen.

  8. #88
    Professor
    Marilyn Monroe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    03-06-14 @ 03:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    2,137

    Re: Arkansas mom Michelle Duggar gives birth to 18th child

    Quote Originally Posted by Korimyr the Rat View Post
    Spending fifty thousand dollars on a wedding or buying a new car every year is senseless excess. Buying children an expensive wardrobe that they're going to outgrow in six months, or a thousand dollars worth of toys they'll ignore, is a senseless excess.

    Those are obscene. Having a large family, that is guaranteeing your legacy on Earth.
    What do we need legacies for? Sounds rather self-centered. My grandfather had a daughter, who had a daughter, and I have two kids who may or may not have kids, so there goes the legacy. Legacies have to produce. We have no control over it.

    I stand by my obscene statement. I'd say you need to pop out a kid, if you want a legacy. We should all go through it if we are determined to have it.
    "It's not that I'm afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens." Woody Allen.

  9. #89
    Professor
    Marilyn Monroe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    03-06-14 @ 03:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    2,137

    Re: Arkansas mom Michelle Duggar gives birth to 18th child

    Quote Originally Posted by DeeJayH View Post
    and yet I can not imagine not having a big family, although the duggars are bigger than anything i would want, but so long as they are not on public assistance than I say more power to them

    I do not understand how people willingly have only 1 kid. kind of a good idea to have a back up, ya know, in case tragedy strikes. spare parts and all. replacement model
    Having a replacement is a lot different than having this many kids. I'd bet those kids don't watch TV, they probably have very little socializing, and when they do venture out it's going to be a rude awakening, plus from being so sheltered there may be more than a couple "oddballs". Usually there are oddballs throughout a family, but this family is bound to have somebody who's not wrapped too tight.

    Ya know if old Jimbob were to kick the bucket, or say they both did, what would happen? I see some form of government assistance in those kids' future. Even if they have an insurance policy, I wouldn't think they'd be investing real heavily in insurance with that many mouths to feed.
    "It's not that I'm afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens." Woody Allen.

  10. #90
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    New Orleans
    Last Seen
    05-06-11 @ 07:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,082

    Re: Arkansas mom Michelle Duggar gives birth to 18th child

    Quote Originally Posted by Marilyn Monroe View Post

    When you are having a kid almost every year the female body does not have time to recover. It's not healthy to have this many kids.

    Nobody asks Michelle how she feels, but I would bet she doesn't feel great ever. Being pregnant takes a lot out of a woman's body. Personally, and I would bet he's never asked her, Jimbob should have told Michelle years ago that they had enough kids. I'll bet he's the force behind all the kids more than she is cause most of these religions that condone the large families and the homeschooling also believe the man is the head, he's the boss, and he's the one who dictates what everybody is doing.
    Well the thing is her doctor says she's fine and healthy and able to have babies. She's "very healthy for her age."

    So nobody is telling this woman that she's overdoing it. And she realizes that Jordan may be the last. She's not saying yes or no.

    If you watch the show you'll get the impression that mommy is the boss.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •