Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 112

Thread: Arkansas mom Michelle Duggar gives birth to 18th child

  1. #101
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    New Orleans
    Last Seen
    05-06-11 @ 07:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,082

    Re: Arkansas mom Michelle Duggar gives birth to 18th child

    Quote Originally Posted by shiznit770 View Post
    So ignore the medical community who says having 18 children in 20 years is significantly shortening her life span? I'm not saying its wrong to have lots of kids, but that kind of irresponsibility certainly is. If she dies giving birth that family is ****ed.
    Her doctor says she is very healthy. If she's very healthy then her health is not an issue. If there is an issue it is something else.

  2. #102
    dangerously addictive
    americanwoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    17,412

    Re: Arkansas mom Michelle Duggar gives birth to 18th child

    They had a marathon of the show on the other day and I just had to watch some of it. The one I did catch, was where the oldest boy is enganged and they were going over the rules of their "courtship" and how they are only going to hold hands before they get married. It's not something I would ever do, but I found it sweet and endearing for them. Their lifestyle works for them, it seems.

  3. #103
    Professor
    shiznit770's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    07-08-10 @ 07:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,393

    Re: Arkansas mom Michelle Duggar gives birth to 18th child

    Quote Originally Posted by sazerac View Post
    Her doctor says she is very healthy. If she's very healthy then her health is not an issue. If there is an issue it is something else.
    Seeking out a doctor who will confirm your belief is not what I call sound medical advice.

  4. #104
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    New Orleans
    Last Seen
    05-06-11 @ 07:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,082

    Re: Arkansas mom Michelle Duggar gives birth to 18th child

    Quote Originally Posted by shiznit770 View Post
    Seeking out a doctor who will confirm your belief is not what I call sound medical advice.
    There is no proof of that! She's in good health! Her doctor is not unaware of the medical facts about childbirth or Mrs. Duggar's age.

    If there is an issue it is something else!

  5. #105
    Professor
    shiznit770's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    07-08-10 @ 07:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,393

    Re: Arkansas mom Michelle Duggar gives birth to 18th child

    Quote Originally Posted by sazerac View Post
    There is no proof of that! She's in good health! Her doctor is not unaware of the medical facts about childbirth or Mrs. Duggar's age.

    If there is an issue it is something else!
    Yeah I guess we just have to wait and see. I do hope everything turns out alright for them. I just cannot help but disagree with their judgment.

  6. #106
    Professor
    Phoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    04-27-17 @ 10:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,782

    Re: Arkansas mom Michelle Duggar gives birth to 18th child

    Quote Originally Posted by shiznit770 View Post
    So ignore the medical community who says having 18 children in 20 years is significantly shortening her life span? I'm not saying its wrong to have lots of kids, but that kind of irresponsibility certainly is. If she dies giving birth that family is ****ed.
    I can't find any information that makes a claim she is at anymore risk than any other woman giving birth. Using your line of reasoning should she also quit driving? I means of she dies in a car accident that family is ****ed.
    Calling them irresponsible when they care for 18 children without government assistance is just wrong.

  7. #107
    Professor
    shiznit770's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    07-08-10 @ 07:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,393

    Re: Arkansas mom Michelle Duggar gives birth to 18th child

    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    I can't find any information that makes a claim she is at anymore risk than any other woman giving birth. Using your line of reasoning should she also quit driving? I means of she dies in a car accident that family is ****ed.
    Calling them irresponsible when they care for 18 children without government assistance is just wrong.
    You're right, I made a wrong assumption about the health risks. The consensus is that there are the normal risks associated with pregnancy, but no apparent greater risk from multiple pregnancies.

    Regardless of health risks, I don't believe the feasibility of raising 18 kids has been proven to be successful in this day and age. While this does not mean it will be disastrous, it does mean that there is inherent risk in creating a family that large.

    Also, I never said it was irresponsible for financial reasons. If that's your only criteria for being irresponsible (having babies without the financial means) then our views are vastly different.

  8. #108
    Stigmatized! End R Word! Kali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Last Seen
    08-19-12 @ 12:29 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    13,334
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Arkansas mom Michelle Duggar gives birth to 18th child

    Quote Originally Posted by americanwoman View Post
    They had a marathon of the show on the other day and I just had to watch some of it. The one I did catch, was where the oldest boy is enganged and they were going over the rules of their "courtship" and how they are only going to hold hands before they get married. It's not something I would ever do, but I found it sweet and endearing for them. Their lifestyle works for them, it seems.
    I had saw that show too and while I did find it sweet and endearing? In the back of my mind I had to wonder if they do not kiss when in private. They could just be saying that to make mommy and daddy happy. Or maybe they do wish to be that "pure". But I cannot imgaine not wanting to reach for your S.O.'s lips even if just for a little peck.

    If they are only holding hands can you imagine how that first kiss and just simple petting will be like? WOW!

  9. #109
    Educator
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Last Seen
    12-18-11 @ 05:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    949

    Re: Arkansas mom Michelle Duggar gives birth to 18th child

    Bless the Duggars....each and every one.

    Poor Michelle, she must be like the Holland Tunnel down there, after having so many kids.
    It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.

  10. #110
    Professor
    Phoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    04-27-17 @ 10:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,782

    Re: Arkansas mom Michelle Duggar gives birth to 18th child

    Quote Originally Posted by Kali View Post
    I had saw that show too and while I did find it sweet and endearing? In the back of my mind I had to wonder if they do not kiss when in private. They could just be saying that to make mommy and daddy happy. Or maybe they do wish to be that "pure". But I cannot imgaine not wanting to reach for your S.O.'s lips even if just for a little peck.

    If they are only holding hands can you imagine how that first kiss and just simple petting will be like? WOW!
    Talk about an exciting Honeymoon!

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •