Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 238

Thread: Guantanamo closure plan ordered

  1. #51
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:04 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,484
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: Guantanamo closure plan ordered

    Quote Originally Posted by conquer View Post
    He tried to assassinate a former president.

    This is a conspiracy theory, so far only a few guys bought it and people were so indifferent that you never saw a single protest in the streets about this assumed assassination attempt.

    We offered Saddam a chance to leave and he did not take it.

    And, who the hell are you to decide who can rule a country and who can't in the first place?

    Besides, your big mistake here is that nobody argued in the UN about Saddam leaving power or not, the discussions were if Iraq had WMD or not. We had Powell showing his assumed "mobile labs" which caused laughs to many, and I still think that the satellite pictures showing those vehicles moving from factory to factory and people going back and forward from the building to the vehicles, is because those vehicles were ice cream trucks!

    Not only was Iraq our problem, but your pure ignorance compounded it.

    Explain with solid evidence why Iraq was a danger for US, you must demonstrate with facts the imminent danger of Iraq participating in terrorist attacks against US.. I think that your position is the idiotic one of people who think that is right to kill another person just because you don't like him. Because guys like you there are thousands of US troops who have come back "nuts", do you understand? They are in need of psychological treatment "because the atrocities", now, who will treat the trauma of the millions of Iraqis (civilians, children) who won't leave Iraq but that will stay in the middle of such mess? What now? Where are your US psychologists sent to Iraq to help the civilian Iraqis?

    Besides, for your information, all the results in the UN gave the conclusion that Iraq didn't have WMD. In front of this failure, US made its own "coalition" of two (with UK) and the support of a few troops of countries which decided to kiss US/UK butts. The UN definitively went outside of this abuse made by the Bush administration.

    Reading how blind is your position in front of facts, I think that your point is a racist one.
    Conquer, when you get your butt spanked, will you begin to question the drivel you have been filled with?

    PBS and Algore are not Republican supporters by any stretch of the imagination, so you "conspiracy theory" is... dead.

    In retaliation, President Clinton two months later ordered the firing of 23 cruise missiles at Iraqi Intelligence Service headquarters in Baghdad. The day before the attack U.S. Ambassador to the U.N. Madeleine K. Albright went before the Security Council to present evidence of the Iraqi plot. And, after the U.S. attack, Vice President Gore said the attack "was intended to be a proportionate response at the place where this plot" to assassinate Bush "was hatched and implemented."
    frontline: the long road to war: assassination | PBS
    I remember it clearly.

    Score: Conquer 0 - Zimmer 1

    We offered Saddam to leave.
    Conquer. He lost Gulf War 1 and did not live up to the agreement a loser signs. So, "Yes we can" go in and finish the job. That's how it works. We tried it peacefully for 12-years with 16 useless UN Resolutions. Post 911 we tried one more time. We gave him an out too. He chose war.

    Every intel agency said he had WMD. To not act would have empowered every kook in the world. Not acting post 911 had consequences outside the Iraq theater.

    Maybe difficult for you to understand having a seemingly myopic world view.

    Score: Conquer 0 - Zimmer 2

    Tell me genius, how are my statements racist?
    This I'd love to hear.
    Are you Barak Hussein Obama, posting while you have a few minutes on your hand. You sound like him. Uninformed and throwing the racist card around like a baseball during warm-ups.

    You sound like a teenager to me.
    I was like you at that age. A blind socialist.
    Don't worry, there is hope... just don't close your mind.
    Last edited by zimmer; 12-20-08 at 02:24 PM.

  2. #52
    Human 2.0
    Maximus Zeebra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Western Europe
    Last Seen
    09-07-17 @ 10:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,568

    Re: Guantanamo closure plan ordered

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    Schroeder is a special case. An imbecile.
    He proved again in on his way out... during the round table interviews with all the party leaders after he lost the election to Merkel.

    He (Schroeder) and his butt buddy Chirac proved themselves to be the most disgusting of opportunists.

    For you?
    I suspect they are your heroes.
    Schoeder is clearly a genius, he said no to the Iraq war, and we all know he was right alongside another genius, Chirac.
    Europe is illegally occupied by the US

  3. #53
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:04 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,484
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: Guantanamo closure plan ordered

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    They also said he did not. In fact there was plenty of evidence to cast doubt that he had WMD, but that evidence was ignored by the US government, which has been proven beyond a doubt now.
    So much ignorance in your responses, so little time. So let's cut to the core.

    Saddam and WMD.

    After 911, your side screamed about: CONNECT THE DOTS

    So, let's take a trip back in time. The following transcript is from the Senate Armed Service Committee with Dr. David Kay.
    CRG: Dr David Kay's Testimony to the Senate Armed Services Committee

    It illustrates just how dangerous the reality was, and it shows how dangerous you folks and your Neville Chamberlain world view is.

    KAY: Let me begin by saying, we were almost all wrong, and I certainly include myself here.

    Senator Kennedy knows very directly. Senator Kennedy and I talked on several occasions prior to the war that my view was that the best evidence that I had seen was that Iraq, indeed, had weapons of mass destruction.

    We're also in a period in which we've had intelligence surprises in the proliferation area that go the other way. The case of Iran, a nuclear program that the Iranians admit was 18 years on, that we underestimated. And, in fact, we didn't discover it. It was discovered by a group of Iranian dissidents outside the country who pointed the international community at the location.

    The Libyan program recently discovered was far more extensive than was assessed prior to that.

    There's a long record here of being wrong. There's a good reason for it. There are probably multiple reasons. Certainly proliferation is a hard thing to track, particularly in countries that deny easy and free access and don't have free and open societies.

    In my judgment, based on the work that has been done to this point of the Iraq Survey Group, and in fact, that I reported to you in October, Iraq was in clear violation of the terms of Resolution 1441. Resolution 1441 required that Iraq report all of its activities: one last chance to come clean about what it had.

    We have discovered hundreds of cases, based on both documents, physical evidence and the testimony of Iraqis, of activities that were prohibited under the initial U.N. Resolution 687 and that should have been reported under 1441, with Iraqi testimony that not only did they not tell the U.N. about this, they were instructed not to do it and they hid material.
    MCCAIN: So the point is, if he were in power today, there is no doubt that he would harbor ambitions for the development and use of weapons of mass destruction. Is there any doubt in your mind?

    KAY: There's absolutely no doubt. And I think I've said that, Senator.
    KAY: I think you will have, when you get the final ISG report, pretty compelling evidence that Saddam had the intention of continuing the pursuit of WMD when the opportunity arose and that the first start on that, the long pole in the tent, was this restart of the long-range missile program.

    CORNYN: So that, given time, these programs would have matured and Saddam would have been able to reconstitute his WMD arsenal?

    KAY: I hesitate, Senator -- only I think that that's the safe assumption. What I don't know over time, and I'm more and more struck with, is how corrupt and destructive that society had become. But you can't count on when it would fall apart. And it might fall apart in ways that are far more dangerous. So I think that is a safe assumption.

    CORNYN: You said something during your opening statement that intrigues me, and something that I'm afraid may be overlooked in all of this back and forth; and that has to do with proliferation.

    You said that there was a risk of a willing seller meeting a willing buyer of such weapons or weapon stockpiles, whether they be large, small or programs, whether it's information that Iraqi scientists might be willing to sell or work in cooperation with rogue organizations or even nations.

    But do you consider that to have been a real risk in terms of Saddam's activities and these programs -- the risk of proliferation?

    KAY: Actually, I consider it a bigger risk. And that's why I paused on the preceding questions. I consider that a bigger risk than the restart of his programs being successful.

    KAY: I think the way the society was going, and the number of willing buyers in the market, that that probably was a risk that if we did avoid, we barely avoided.

  4. #54
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:04 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,484
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: Guantanamo closure plan ordered

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Zeebra View Post
    Schoeder is clearly a genius, he said no to the Iraq war, and we all know he was right alongside another genius, Chirac.
    No surprise here. I know you people and your twisted world view having had to deal with it for over three decades.
    Folks like you would eat any horse s**t served.
    And smile while consuming it.

    Guten apetit.

  5. #55
    Human 2.0
    Maximus Zeebra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Western Europe
    Last Seen
    09-07-17 @ 10:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,568

    Re: Guantanamo closure plan ordered

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    No surprise here. I know you people and your twisted world view having had to deal with it for over three decades.
    Folks like you would eat any horse s**t served.
    And smile while consuming it.

    Guten apetit.
    Listening to you its apparently people like you who eat any horse**** they are served. I am not the one in full support of either Scrhoeder or Chirac, but they were right on the Iraq war. You seem like a typical republican that just swallows anything that comes from the leadership and adopt their policies as you own.
    Me I am a complex mix of the best of the best, I like the best of everyone and take away the ****, and adopt all the best for myself in creating my own policies and opinions
    Europe is illegally occupied by the US

  6. #56
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:04 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,484
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: Guantanamo closure plan ordered

    Quote Originally Posted by bhkad View Post
    If the detainees are housed in places other than Gitmo they will regret it.

    Gitmo was made for their comfort.

    Regular American prisons are not.

    Most people don't realize the luxury of space, freedom and cultural accommodations they enjoy at Gitmo.
    I saw your avatar and did not expect this, but you are 100% right. (I like the fact you're honest about Obama. He is a Marxist)

    Having them in worse conditions is a small consolation.

    I hope they get the worst of it and are housed with regular inmates... but that won't happen.

    The last thing we need is inmates killing terrorists.

    I don't think one of these terrorist bastards would survive if placed in a regular MS prison.

  7. #57
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: Guantanamo closure plan ordered

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Zeebra View Post
    I didnt pay much for the Iraq war except for the intellectual dread it has been to see what has been going on in the US the last decade and having to respond and communicate with people like YOU.
    Your such a pleasant little ball of hate...
    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

  8. #58
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: Guantanamo closure plan ordered

    Quote Originally Posted by bhkad View Post
    If the detainees are housed in places other than Gitmo they will regret it.

    Gitmo was made for their comfort.

    Regular American prisons are not.

    Most people don't realize the luxury of space, freedom and cultural accommodations they enjoy at Gitmo.
    Yeah, I heard that the Jews loved concentration camps too.
    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

  9. #59
    Sage
    bhkad's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Last Seen
    08-13-10 @ 01:01 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,745

    Re: Guantanamo closure plan ordered

    Quote Originally Posted by EgoffTib View Post
    Yeah, I heard that the Jews loved concentration camps too.
    Hyperbole much?

    OBL 11/24/02

  10. #60
    Human 2.0
    Maximus Zeebra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Western Europe
    Last Seen
    09-07-17 @ 10:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,568

    Re: Guantanamo closure plan ordered

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post


    I remember it clearly.

    Score: Conquer 0 - Zimmer 1
    The ALL American way to debate, giving yourself a score against another.. Wow how pathetic.
    Europe is illegally occupied by the US

Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •