Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 238

Thread: Guantanamo closure plan ordered

  1. #41
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: Guantanamo closure plan ordered

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    Well we sure as hell don't expect Europe to deal with these kinda problems so it MUST be ours. Buncha panty-waists.

    Can't wait until you're force fed the Quran. Well, I guess I can since we're the one's that will end up bailing you out. Again.

    Their beer sucks too.

    Go USA! Oooo-Rah!
    I was just having fun with him. His radical anti-American sentiments rival those of Al Qaeda.
    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

  2. #42
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:04 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,484
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: Guantanamo closure plan ordered

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Zeebra View Post
    Yes, YOUR problem, you and everyone in the US who have spent thousands of dollars each on the Iraq war.
    Well yes it is our problem. BUT...

    Somebody has to do the heavy lifting. The Europeans are incapable of it.
    They've been wrong on about every major issue for the last thirty years.
    They said Reagan was nutso. He ended communism in Europe.

    We got Saddam out of Kuwait in Gulf War 1.
    He signed an agreement to disarm.
    Clinton watched Saddam play with him and the UN for 8-years.
    He tried to assassinate a former president.
    He shot at our planes.
    He kicked out the inspectors.
    He played games.

    After 911, what were we supposed to do?
    All the intel agencies said he had WMD.
    We went to the UN.
    We offered Saddam a chance to leave and he did not take it.

    The Europeans were dreadful. Disgusting.
    None more disgusting than Gerhard Schroeder and Chiraq.

    Yes, we and some allies, many from New Europe, freed 50 million Muslims.

    To secure the civilized world from IslamoNazi's that ramped up their attacks over the last 25-years.

    Sometimes violence is necessary to prevent more carnage.

    Not only was Iraq our problem, but your pure ignorance compounded it.
    You and your ilk in Europe and America helped the enemy.
    Be proud. You have blood on your hands.

    And this crapola from a continent that should know better, having generated two world wars during the last century.

    Do you folks ever learn?

    PS. Just say no.
    Last edited by zimmer; 12-20-08 at 05:25 AM. Reason: addition

  3. #43
    Sage
    PeteEU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,090

    Re: Guantanamo closure plan ordered

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    Well yes it is our problem. BUT...

    Somebody has to do the heavy lifting. The Europeans are incapable of it.
    Yes and no. We have the equipment to do the heavy lifting, but we dont have amount of equipment as the US has, so when a new crisis happens we have to take our equipment from one area to the crisis area. Is it bad... yes I admit that I am a bit ashamed that we dont have spare lifting capacity in times of crisis, but then again I accept that we cant afford to have tons of lifting capacity sitting on the tarmac rotting away waiting for the next crisis.

    They've been wrong on about every major issue for the last thirty years.
    Oh? Give us some examples for such a bold statement.

    They said Reagan was nutso. He ended communism in Europe.
    He was not nutso, unless you think a senile alzhimers patient is nuts. As for ending communism in Europe.. hardly. Reagan helped the eventual demise of the USSR yes, but he did not end communism in Europe. But in doing so he nearly bankrupted the US, but I must credit him for reviving the US fighting spirit after the end of the Vietnam war.

    We got Saddam out of Kuwait in Gulf War 1.
    If by "WE" you mean many nations, they yes. If you mean by "the US only", then you are rewriting historical fact. Fact.. it was not US troops that liberated Kuwait City.

    He signed an agreement to disarm.
    He did? So he signed a deal that would totally disarm the Iraqi Army? All I remember is him signing documents to get rid of his WMD programs and weapons, which by the way he did.....

    Clinton watched Saddam play with him and the UN for 8-years.
    Ahh you one of those people. A Clinton hater.

    He tried to assassinate a former president.
    You mean like the US has tried to assassinate other world leaders.... and failed. Ask Castro about it.

    He shot at our planes.
    That he did, and British planes, and French planes... but of course you dont want to remind people of that. Did he pay for such violations.. no, but the troops on the ground that got killed firing those rockets most certainly did.

    He kicked out the inspectors.
    He did. But there is more to that story and you know it.

    He played games.
    He played middle east politics.

    After 911, what were we supposed to do?
    Go after those who committed this act. You know.. Bin Laden and AL Q

    All the intel agencies said he had WMD.
    They also said he did not. In fact there was plenty of evidence to cast doubt that he had WMD, but that evidence was ignored by the US government, which has been proven beyond a doubt now.

    We went to the UN.
    Yes you did, and tried to bully your way through. The whole "either you are with us or you are our enemy" attitude pissed of a lot of people. You do know that the French were at first on board to go after Saddam right?

    We offered Saddam a chance to leave and he did not take it.
    So if the world threatened to invade the US if Bush did not leave office, then he would?

    The Europeans were dreadful. Disgusting.
    I agree, the Blair was dreadful and disgusting.. the whole 45 min thing. My own government was less disgusting as they just claimed a violation of the ceasefire agreement as their basis for supporting Bush, a quite some what valid excuse. As for the others... they were dreadful and disgusting for being right?

    None more disgusting than Gerhard Schroeder and Chiraq.
    For being right? For not wanting to take focus off Bin Laden and Al Q? For not allowing themselves to be bullied around by Bush and his fanatics?

    Yes, we and some allies, many from New Europe, freed 50 million Muslims.
    Funny idea of freedom. Ethnic cleansing, car bombs and a brewing civil war.. on top of less public utilities than before the invasion.. great freedom there! But at least they can vote....!

    To secure the civilized world from IslamoNazi's that ramped up their attacks over the last 25-years.
    OH? You do know they were never in Iraq right? Iraq was one of the least "Islamic" states in the region before you kicked out Saddam.. but hey dont let facts get in your way! They were and are in Saudi Arabia, Iran and Egypt.. but hey dont let facts get in your way.

    Sometimes violence is necessary to prevent more carnage.
    I agree. But this was not one of those times.

    Not only was Iraq our problem, but your pure ignorance compounded it.
    You and your ilk in Europe and America helped the enemy.
    Be proud. You have blood on your hands.
    Exactly how did we "help" America's enemy.. I mean Bush's family enemy?

    And this crapola from a continent that should know better, having generated two world wars during the last century.

    Do you folks ever learn?
    Yes we do learn. We learned not to be submissive to military and economic powers. We learned that war and violence is the absolute last resort. We learned not to piss on our basic rights to fight an enemy. What have you learned?

    And you do know that Europe has been fighting terror very successfully for decades without opening up Gitmo like facilities and invading countries .. right?
    PeteEU

  4. #44
    Human 2.0
    Maximus Zeebra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Western Europe
    Last Seen
    09-07-17 @ 10:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,568

    Re: Guantanamo closure plan ordered

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    Well yes it is our problem. BUT...

    Somebody has to do the heavy lifting. The Europeans are incapable of it.
    They've been wrong on about every major issue for the last thirty years.
    They said Reagan was nutso. He ended communism in Europe.

    We got Saddam out of Kuwait in Gulf War 1.
    He signed an agreement to disarm.
    Clinton watched Saddam play with him and the UN for 8-years.
    He tried to assassinate a former president.
    He shot at our planes.
    He kicked out the inspectors.
    He played games.

    After 911, what were we supposed to do?
    All the intel agencies said he had WMD.
    We went to the UN.
    We offered Saddam a chance to leave and he did not take it.

    The Europeans were dreadful. Disgusting.
    None more disgusting than Gerhard Schroeder and Chiraq.

    Yes, we and some allies, many from New Europe, freed 50 million Muslims.

    To secure the civilized world from IslamoNazi's that ramped up their attacks over the last 25-years.

    Sometimes violence is necessary to prevent more carnage.

    Not only was Iraq our problem, but your pure ignorance compounded it.
    You and your ilk in Europe and America helped the enemy.
    Be proud. You have blood on your hands.

    And this crapola from a continent that should know better, having generated two world wars during the last century.

    Do you folks ever learn?

    PS. Just say no.
    What you are saying here is simply insane and un-factual at 90%
    Europe is illegally occupied by the US

  5. #45
    Human 2.0
    Maximus Zeebra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Western Europe
    Last Seen
    09-07-17 @ 10:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,568

    Re: Guantanamo closure plan ordered

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    Well we sure as hell don't expect Europe to deal with these kinda problems so it MUST be ours. Buncha panty-waists.

    Can't wait until you're force fed the Quran. Well, I guess I can since we're the one's that will end up bailing you out. Again.

    Their beer sucks too.

    Go USA! Oooo-Rah!
    Its nice to see how tolerant and intelligent Americans are.. I have actually read the Koran volunteered.. And If you care to debate about Christianity, Islam and Judaism I am up for the debate, I have also read the bible btw..
    In my opinion Christians were mislead into sin and ignorance by Jesus Christ, its only a matter of time before our sinful radicalism ruins the world.
    No religions are perfect, but the old testament sure is a good way to understand how to live a good life free of sins, and the new testament is sure a good way to tear apart that foundation.
    Europe is illegally occupied by the US

  6. #46
    Human 2.0
    Maximus Zeebra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Western Europe
    Last Seen
    09-07-17 @ 10:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,568

    Re: Guantanamo closure plan ordered

    Quote Originally Posted by EgoffTib View Post
    Incorrect. Your problem.
    I didnt pay much for the Iraq war except for the intellectual dread it has been to see what has been going on in the US the last decade and having to respond and communicate with people like YOU.
    Europe is illegally occupied by the US

  7. #47
    Sage
    bhkad's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Last Seen
    08-13-10 @ 01:01 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,745

    Re: Guantanamo closure plan ordered

    If the detainees are housed in places other than Gitmo they will regret it.

    Gitmo was made for their comfort.

    Regular American prisons are not.

    Most people don't realize the luxury of space, freedom and cultural accommodations they enjoy at Gitmo.

    OBL 11/24/02

  8. #48
    Human 2.0
    Maximus Zeebra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Western Europe
    Last Seen
    09-07-17 @ 10:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,568

    Re: Guantanamo closure plan ordered

    Quote Originally Posted by bhkad View Post
    If the detainees are housed in places other than Gitmo they will regret it.

    Gitmo was made for their comfort.

    Regular American prisons are not.

    Most people don't realize the luxury of space, freedom and cultural accommodations they enjoy at Gitmo.
    Have you been there? I am sure for an Afghan used to living in caves it CAN be comfortable, but the humanitarian issues are what is important and they need to measure up to European standards, which are the highest standards in the world. Or else Europeans gets mad and Americans as we all know have to accompany the needs of Europeans or the pressure overwhelms them.
    Europe is illegally occupied by the US

  9. #49
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-24-09 @ 08:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    964

    Re: Guantanamo closure plan ordered

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    Well yes it is our problem. BUT...

    Somebody has to do the heavy lifting. The Europeans are incapable of it.
    They've been wrong on about every major issue for the last thirty years.
    They said Reagan was nutso. He ended communism in Europe.

    We got Saddam out of Kuwait in Gulf War 1.
    He signed an agreement to disarm.
    Clinton watched Saddam play with him and the UN for 8-years.
    He tried to assassinate a former president.
    He shot at our planes.
    He kicked out the inspectors.
    He played games.

    After 911, what were we supposed to do?
    All the intel agencies said he had WMD.
    We went to the UN.
    We offered Saddam a chance to leave and he did not take it.

    The Europeans were dreadful. Disgusting.
    None more disgusting than Gerhard Schroeder and Chiraq.

    Yes, we and some allies, many from New Europe, freed 50 million Muslims.

    To secure the civilized world from IslamoNazi's that ramped up their attacks over the last 25-years.

    Sometimes violence is necessary to prevent more carnage.

    Not only was Iraq our problem, but your pure ignorance compounded it.
    You and your ilk in Europe and America helped the enemy.
    Be proud. You have blood on your hands.

    And this crapola from a continent that should know better, having generated two world wars during the last century.

    Do you folks ever learn?

    PS. Just say no.
    He tried to assassinate a former president.

    This is a conspiracy theory, so far only a few guys bought it and people were so indifferent that you never saw a single protest in the streets about this assumed assassination attempt.

    We offered Saddam a chance to leave and he did not take it.

    And, who the hell are you to decide who can rule a country and who can't in the first place?

    Besides, your big mistake here is that nobody argued in the UN about Saddam leaving power or not, the discussions were if Iraq had WMD or not. We had Powell showing his assumed "mobile labs" which caused laughs to many, and I still think that the satellite pictures showing those vehicles moving from factory to factory and people going back and forward from the building to the vehicles, is because those vehicles were ice cream trucks!

    Not only was Iraq our problem, but your pure ignorance compounded it.

    Explain with solid evidence why Iraq was a danger for US, you must demonstrate with facts the imminent danger of Iraq participating in terrorist attacks against US.. I think that your position is the idiotic one of people who think that is right to kill another person just because you don't like him. Because guys like you there are thousands of US troops who have come back "nuts", do you understand? They are in need of psychological treatment "because the atrocities", now, who will treat the trauma of the millions of Iraqis (civilians, children) who won't leave Iraq but that will stay in the middle of such mess? What now? Where are your US psychologists sent to Iraq to help the civilian Iraqis?

    Besides, for your information, all the results in the UN gave the conclusion that Iraq didn't have WMD. In front of this failure, US made its own "coalition" of two (with UK) and the support of a few troops of countries which decided to kiss US/UK butts. The UN definitively went outside of this abuse made by the Bush administration.

    Reading how blind is your position in front of facts, I think that your point is a racist one.

  10. #50
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:04 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,484
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: Guantanamo closure plan ordered

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Zeebra View Post
    What you are saying here is simply insane and un-factual at 90%
    Folks, this is what you get from a Europee-on.

    I state a series of verifiable facts, and what do we get from the Europee-on?
    A blanket denial.

    You see Maximus, I have spent more than half my life over in EU-Land.
    I spent only a third in the land I love, respect, admire and call home.
    The USA.
    I know you and your arrogant kind all too well.

    So let me pick the most contentious of my claims and educate you.

    Gerhard Schroder is the most offensive bit of refuse in the last decade.
    George Bush did not ask Germany to fight in Iraq.
    He said each country will play their role.
    Germany's deadly past exempts them from fighting.
    BUT
    Schroeder, on the verge of losing an election because he stated he would halve German unemployment watched it double.
    Germans were on the way to vote his SPD-Commi/Green coalition out.
    His way out? Use the Iraq war in a false manner.
    Germans showed their ability to be mislead had not waned.
    They were as gullible as ever and ate the false claims Schroeder made about Iraq. Their blindness was on par with "Yes we Can".
    That gullibility combined with floods in Frankfurt a.d. Oder saved the cretin Schroeder's re-election.

    Now, what did Schroeder's actions ignite?
    The anti-war kooks.
    He legitimized them.

    Schroeder is a special case. An imbecile.
    He proved again in on his way out... during the round table interviews with all the party leaders after he lost the election to Merkel.

    He (Schroeder) and his butt buddy Chirac proved themselves to be the most disgusting of opportunists.

    For you?
    I suspect they are your heroes.
    Last edited by zimmer; 12-20-08 at 02:05 PM.

Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •