Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 238

Thread: Guantanamo closure plan ordered

  1. #11
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: Guantanamo closure plan ordered

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Zeebra View Post
    How do YOU know they aren't innocent? POOR those who are innocent..



    Maybe it was the bombs they were found with, or the kalishnakovs they used to shoot at Americans.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  2. #12
    Human 2.0
    Maximus Zeebra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Western Europe
    Last Seen
    09-07-17 @ 10:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,568

    Re: Guantanamo closure plan ordered

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    Maybe it was the bombs they were found with, or the kalishnakovs they used to shoot at Americans.
    And for that they deserve no Geneva convention and no trials?
    Europe is illegally occupied by the US

  3. #13
    Advisor kamino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Silverdale, Wa.
    Last Seen
    03-26-10 @ 03:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    320

    Re: Guantanamo closure plan ordered

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    Maybe it was the bombs they were found with, or the kalishnakovs they used to shoot at Americans.
    Or maybe it was turbins the were wearing or the color of there skin, or because they start every sentance in english with "My friend" Regardless of what they did they still diserve a fair trial. That is one of there very foundation beleifs of this country.

    Amendment VI

    In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the state and district wherein the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the assistance of counsel for his defense.
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.
    -Benjamin Franklin

  4. #14
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: Guantanamo closure plan ordered

    Quote Originally Posted by kamino View Post
    Or maybe it was turbins the were wearing or the color of there skin, or because they start every sentance in english with "My friend" Regardless of what they did they still diserve a fair trial. That is one of there very foundation beleifs of this country.

    Amendment VI

    In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the state and district wherein the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the assistance of counsel for his defense.


    What does the US constitution have to do with foreign nationals captured during a war?
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  5. #15
    Advisor kamino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Silverdale, Wa.
    Last Seen
    03-26-10 @ 03:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    320

    Re: Guantanamo closure plan ordered

    Well originally the discussion was there right by the geniva conventions, But I was using the constitution to show why we should support this as it is an American Ideal, that all get a speedy and fair trial, regardless of a persons action, if that was not the case OJ and the mother of Caylee would both be dead by now. We should not hold double standards. It would be very hipocritical of us.
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.
    -Benjamin Franklin

  6. #16
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: Guantanamo closure plan ordered

    Quote Originally Posted by kamino View Post
    Well originally the discussion was there right by the geniva conventions, But I was using the constitution to show why we should support this as it is an American Ideal, that all get a speedy and fair trial, regardless of a persons action, if that was not the case OJ and the mother of Caylee would both be dead by now. We should not hold double standards. It would be very hipocritical of us.



    i think we should do what the entire world does. Hold them for the duration of the war and at the end of the war, put some on trial and release others.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  7. #17
    Guru
    Binary_Digit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 04:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,539

    Re: Guantanamo closure plan ordered

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    Maybe it was the bombs they were found with, or the kalishnakovs they used to shoot at Americans.
    Well it's pretty ignorant for you to assume that when we held one of our own FBI informants at Gitmo for over 3 months. I guess you're going to claim he was shooting at our soldiers with an AK, or he was found with a bomb.

    Right?

  8. #18
    Guru
    Binary_Digit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 04:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,539

    Re: Guantanamo closure plan ordered

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    i think we should do what the entire world does. Hold them for the duration of the war and at the end of the war, put some on trial and release others.
    The war on terror will never end. Therefore, the bull**** behind that argument never ends either.

  9. #19
    Sage
    scourge99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    The Wild West
    Last Seen
    01-27-12 @ 02:50 AM
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    6,233

    Re: Guantanamo closure plan ordered

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Zeebra View Post
    And for that they deserve no Geneva convention and no trials?
    Correct. Combatents must meet certain requirements for treatment under the Geneva conventions.

    I believe one of them is to be uniformed. Insurgents are not uniformed. There's more. I'll have to go look up old posts about this.
    If you believe in the Supernatural then you can become a millionaire!

    Questioning or criticizing another's core beliefs is inadvertently perceived as offensive and rude.

  10. #20
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: Guantanamo closure plan ordered

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    i think we should do what the entire world does. Hold them for the duration of the war and at the end of the war, put some on trial and release others.
    I think "the entire world" is not America. I would like to think that we're above doing things that "everyone else" does. Maybe we're not.
    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •