Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 238

Thread: Guantanamo closure plan ordered

  1. #121
    Human 2.0
    Maximus Zeebra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Western Europe
    Last Seen
    09-07-17 @ 09:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,568

    Re: Guantanamo closure plan ordered

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    The only "nazi" around here is the european who believes in a superior group of people ruling others.


    your first point however is correct. I am indeed right in everything.



    The rest of your bunk is typical european whining.

    Its just not fun to debate with people like you, because you just derail everything, focus on irrelevant facts and debates to prove yourself right in at least 1 thing, no matter if its not related to the original thread. Then you go on like saying things like, YEAH,

    Reverend Hellhound 1, Maximus Zeebra 0..

    Then you go on to say something, your claim and then say my claim is wrong..

    And then say "you fail".. "I win"

    "The rest of your bunk is typical european whining"



    Its just not the type of way of debating I prefer, so I don't want to debate anymore with you. If you care to debate in a grown up and proper way I will certainly be happy to accomodate.. And as you could understand "you being right" was a joke..


    This thread is about Guantanamo btw and not the conspiracy theory about why Germany and France didn't go to war because they received TINY funds from an irrelevant country.
    Europe is illegally occupied by the US

  2. #122
    Sage
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    I love your hate.
    Last Seen
    05-21-18 @ 01:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    79,753

    Re: Guantanamo closure plan ordered

    So your argument can is simply sticking your fingers in your ears, and stating I am "wrong" all while accusing me of the same thing.


    Ok man. This elitist stuff is fun.
    You should try to remember, ideas are conveyed by researching information, vetting sources, and confirming said information. Not by regurgitating talking points given to you by your "news" station.
    Don't hate me 'cause I'm beautiful, but hate me all the more.

  3. #123
    Human 2.0
    Maximus Zeebra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Western Europe
    Last Seen
    09-07-17 @ 09:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,568

    Re: Guantanamo closure plan ordered

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    So your argument can is simply sticking your fingers in your ears, and stating I am "wrong" all while accusing me of the same thing.


    Ok man. This elitist stuff is fun.
    Did I say that? Again you put words in my mouth, I despise people who do that.. I never said what you claim and you clearly didn't read my post or you would stop you trolling.

    I said "this is not what the thread is about"(your conspiracy theory), its about the closure of Guantanamo..

    I think that is positive.. What do you think? Ooh, I forgot, you have no opinion on that, just the Saddam embezzelment conspiracy as a reason France and Germany didnt go to Iraq...



    Ps. OWNED. <-- (ohh man, I am falling to new lows, doing something typical American here)
    Last edited by Maximus Zeebra; 12-22-08 at 08:47 AM.
    Europe is illegally occupied by the US

  4. #124
    Sage
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    I love your hate.
    Last Seen
    05-21-18 @ 01:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    79,753

    Re: Guantanamo closure plan ordered

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Zeebra View Post
    Did I say that? Again you put words in my mouth, I despise people who do that.. I never said what you claim and you clearly didn't read my post or you would stop you trolling.

    I said "this is not what the thread is about"(your conspiracy theory), its about the closure of Guantanamo..

    I think that is positive.. What do you think? Ooh, I forgot, you have no opinion on that, just the Saddam embezzelment conspiracy as a reason France and Germany didnt go to Iraq...



    Ps. OWNED.



    yeah I am so owned. You like "Red carded me" d00d..... So euro....


    but yes that is exactly what you did. You made a statment, I countered it, I then posted links and facts, and you said "nu uh" as if that was your argument. And now you claimed "owned"? ..... EUROFAIL!



    As for Gitmo, you need to review the thread, I made a clear opinion on it. You ignored it.
    You should try to remember, ideas are conveyed by researching information, vetting sources, and confirming said information. Not by regurgitating talking points given to you by your "news" station.
    Don't hate me 'cause I'm beautiful, but hate me all the more.

  5. #125
    Human 2.0
    Maximus Zeebra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Western Europe
    Last Seen
    09-07-17 @ 09:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,568

    Re: Guantanamo closure plan ordered

    *ignoring pathetic rant*
    Europe is illegally occupied by the US

  6. #126
    Sage
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    I love your hate.
    Last Seen
    05-21-18 @ 01:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    79,753

    Re: Guantanamo closure plan ordered

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Zeebra View Post
    *ignoring pathetic rant*



    but are you with that post?



    Note you still ignore my points on Gitmo!
    You should try to remember, ideas are conveyed by researching information, vetting sources, and confirming said information. Not by regurgitating talking points given to you by your "news" station.
    Don't hate me 'cause I'm beautiful, but hate me all the more.

  7. #127
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 02:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: Guantanamo closure plan ordered

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    but are you with that post?



    Note you still ignore my points on Gitmo!

    It's because you're a filthy, ignorant American. Maximus Zeebra for POTUS in 2012!!!
    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

  8. #128
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 01:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Guantanamo closure plan ordered

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Zeebra View Post
    And for that they deserve no Geneva convention and no trials?
    People captured by your troops who were fighting said troops -never- receive trials.

  9. #129
    Professor

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Last Seen
    02-13-09 @ 04:15 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,942

    Re: Guantanamo closure plan ordered

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Zeebra View Post
    Legally you aren't even in Iraq..
    I just love this fetish with everything international. Yeah, the US ain't legally in Iraq... BFD! This inanity from you presupposes that wars cannot be fought unless they're recognized by some group of unelected and unaccountable bureaucrats in the UN or the Hague or some such nonsense. No wonder the Euros are perceived as having lost thier stomach for war. You people seem to think that war doesn't exist unless it's approved of by representatives of dictators from Libya, Sudan, North Korea, et al. You're a laughingstock.

    As for the Afghan war, people whom are unlawful combatants in Afghanistan should be brought to justice in Afghanistan simply as criminals, thats what they are..
    That's a fair point and one that is argued well by the left here in America. But a question for you...well, a few:

    a) Would you accept their brand of justice if it didn't include the same due process rights our western nations recognize and grant?

    b) How do you propose to successfully prosecute those cases in an Afghan court when you're relying on American, for example, military personnel for testimony?

    c) How do you avoid, via prosecution, revealing your abilities to collect and use intelligence in conducting such prosecutions?

    d) Are these not important considerations in determining how to handle these combatants that are not eligible for POW status?

    I don't believe torture for instance is allowed under the Geneva convention, nor was it created for "an endless" war where no one will see trial. Aside from that the kidnapped foreigners you have in Guantanamo aren't combatants under the Geneva convention.
    Then you have no idea what you're talking about.

    Geneva doesn't require nations at war to conduct civilian trials. Geneva does provide for indefinite detention until the cessation of hostilities. It's all right there in Geneva Three.

    As for "kidnapped foreigners." What the heck are these?

    Why do you misunderstand everything I said? I never said that.. I just say you silly people with your Guantanamo and renditions and such don't even recognize the ICC, a legitimate version of bringing international criminals to justice, far more legitimate than kidnapping them and throwing them in jail indefinitely with no trials and no legal protection.
    There do have trials and they do have legal protections. These trials and proections are granted and conferred via US law. For example, the Military Commissions Act of 2006 which was preceded by executive order controlling the conduct of military tribunals.

    Your ignorance is astounding given the force with which you present your comments.

    Rendition is something wholly different from detaining lawful and unlawful combatants.

  10. #130
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 01:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Guantanamo closure plan ordered

    Quote Originally Posted by JMak View Post
    I just love this fetish with everything international. Yeah, the US ain't legally in Iraq... BFD!
    Never mind that our presence in Iraq is in accordance with an agreement with the Iraqi government, which, in and of itself, nullifies the claim.

Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •