Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 238

Thread: Guantanamo closure plan ordered

  1. #111
    Sage
    scourge99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    The Wild West
    Last Seen
    01-27-12 @ 02:50 AM
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    6,233

    Re: Guantanamo closure plan ordered

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Zeebra View Post
    No, prisoners of war are prisoners of war under the Geneva convention. you said these people aren't under the Geneva convention, and they certainly aren't prisoners of war, nor unlawful US citizens.

    You obviously care, else you wouldn't reply.
    So let me get this straight. You think the Geneva conventions say that all captured combatants must all be given the exact same rights, treatment, and status?

    Yes or no. Feel free to explain your answer.
    If you believe in the Supernatural then you can become a millionaire!

    Questioning or criticizing another's core beliefs is inadvertently perceived as offensive and rude.

  2. #112
    Human 2.0
    Maximus Zeebra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Western Europe
    Last Seen
    09-07-17 @ 10:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,568

    Re: Guantanamo closure plan ordered

    Quote Originally Posted by scourge99 View Post
    So let me get this straight. You think the Geneva conventions say that all captured combatants must all be given the exact same rights, treatment, and status?

    Yes or no. Feel free to explain your answer.
    Nope, thats not what I said, but according to your version of reality the people in Guantanamo are "kidnapped foreigners".. Actually thats just reality. Actually according to your posts you agree that the people in Guantanamo arent prisoners of war, and the fact that they arent trated according to the Geneva convention backs that up, and they certainly arent US criminals, so they are "kidnapped foreigners"..
    And you silly people do not even support the international criminal court which is a legitimate version of putting foreign bandits on trial.

    So much hypocrisy.
    Europe is illegally occupied by the US

  3. #113
    Human 2.0
    Maximus Zeebra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Western Europe
    Last Seen
    09-07-17 @ 10:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,568

    Re: Guantanamo closure plan ordered

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    Thanks Max! Ignorance and intolerance are my claim to fame. I have worked many years honing it to an art form.

    But don't get me started on the bible-thumpers too. I got pages and pages of material to dump on them with.
    Personally I like the ten commandments the best and live by those laws. Did you know that the world "Satan" is hebrew for "backbiters"?

    I hate people who do that, its so pathetic and it has become such a large part of society... I obey the bible in such things also(not just the ten commandments), I don't backbite for example and other avoid other things that are described as bad in the bible and obviously are bad. I try to live by the proverbs of the bible, which is my favorite section.

    How about you? Going to bash the bible now? Read the proverbs and get over it.


    Ps. I am not Christian by the way.
    Last edited by Maximus Zeebra; 12-21-08 at 11:04 PM.
    Europe is illegally occupied by the US

  4. #114
    Sage
    scourge99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    The Wild West
    Last Seen
    01-27-12 @ 02:50 AM
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    6,233

    Re: Guantanamo closure plan ordered

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Zeebra View Post
    but according to your version of reality the people in Guantanamo are "kidnapped foreigners".. Actually thats just reality.
    make up your mind. Is it your strawman for my position or is it your position?

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Zeebra View Post
    Actually according to your posts you agree that the people in Guantanamo arent prisoners of war
    I don't know what the exact term for an unlawful combatant is under the Geneva conventions. That is whether they are given the designation POW or simply unlawful combatant. The point isn't to play stupid "gotcha" games. Thats seems to be oblivious to you. The point is to determine whether non-uniformed civilians who fight against American forces in Iraq or Afghan using conventional or unconventional methods are equally protected under the Geneva Conventions.

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Zeebra View Post
    and the fact that they arent trated according to the Geneva convention backs that up,
    PLEASE QUOTE THE GENEVA CONVENTION FOR THIS. IF YOU DO NOT THEN I SHALL ASSUME YOU HAVE NOT READ THE GENEVA CONVENTIONS AND/OR ARE JUST A LIAR. I have repeatedly asked you to back up your claims and you fail to do so. You only refer to the Geneva conventions in passing but cannot refer to the exact article or any type of reference. I would like to have a debate about this but you won't even do the most minimal of requirements and support your claims thus I must assume you don't know what you are talking about and/or are a liar.

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Zeebra View Post
    and they certainly arent US criminals, so they are "kidnapped foreigners"..
    And you silly people do not even support the international criminal court which is a legitimate version of putting foreign bandits on trial.
    Please cite the document or agreement where we are required to put enemy combatants from Iraq and/or Afghanistann using the international criminal court.
    Last edited by scourge99; 12-22-08 at 01:11 AM.
    If you believe in the Supernatural then you can become a millionaire!

    Questioning or criticizing another's core beliefs is inadvertently perceived as offensive and rude.

  5. #115
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: Guantanamo closure plan ordered

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Zeebra View Post
    Even if any of this was true it wouldn't matter because the impact and the effects are so tiny. Even if Iraq donated their whole GDP to Germany and France it would only account for a tiny fraction of GDP in France and Germany.
    Secondly even if it was true it wouldn't be one of the main reasons, but perhaps one reason out of say 50 whereas 10ish was very important, including the weak evidence and the lack of need to go to war in Iraq.
    Why the hell go to Iraq instead of some African country?

    Wait now you see that there was a big embezzelment scheme. Though who was getting blamed for the very sanctions that allowed this and gave an excuse for saddam to not feed his people?


    A bigger picture unfolds if you open your eyes.









    Sorry. It was partly a joke.. But seriously, move that theory to the conspiracy forum for now.

    Right, because I post facts and offer a theory based on those clear facts it must be conspircacy.

    You Fail.





    Ps. Corruption in politics is one of the most severe dangers to the west in general, I doubt the Saddam bribes if they ever existed would account for much of general bribes. Corruption is definetely something we must get rid of in the west to pride ourself in or politics, and the only way to do it is to rebuild politics and create enormously strong political foundations and institutions.

    Yet you excuse it for france and Germany.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  6. #116
    Human 2.0
    Maximus Zeebra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Western Europe
    Last Seen
    09-07-17 @ 10:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,568

    Re: Guantanamo closure plan ordered

    Quote Originally Posted by scourge99 View Post
    I don't know what the exact term for an unlawful combatant is under the Geneva conventions. That is whether they are given the designation POW or simply unlawful combatant. The point isn't to play stupid "gotcha" games. Thats seems to be oblivious to you. The point is to determine whether non-uniformed civilians who fight against American forces in Iraq or Afghan using conventional or unconventional methods are equally protected under the Geneva Conventions.
    Legally you aren't even in Iraq.. As for the Afghan war, people whom are unlawful combatants in Afghanistan should be brought to justice in Afghanistan simply as criminals, thats what they are..

    Quote Originally Posted by scourge99 View Post
    PLEASE QUOTE THE GENEVA CONVENTION FOR THIS. IF YOU DO NOT THEN I SHALL ASSUME YOU HAVE NOT READ THE GENEVA CONVENTIONS AND/OR ARE JUST A LIAR. I have repeatedly asked you to back up your claims and you fail to do so. You only refer to the Geneva conventions in passing but cannot refer to the exact article or any type of reference. I would like to have a debate about this but you won't even do the most minimal of requirements and support your claims thus I must assume you don't know what you are talking about and/or are a liar.
    I don't believe torture for instance is allowed under the Geneva convention, nor was it created for "an endless" war where no one will see trial. Aside from that the kidnapped foreigners you have in Guantanamo aren't combatants under the Geneva convention.


    Quote Originally Posted by scourge99 View Post
    Please cite the document or agreement where we are required to put enemy combatants from Iraq and/or Afghanistann using the international criminal court.
    Why do you misunderstand everything I said? I never said that.. I just say you silly people with your Guantanamo and renditions and such don't even recognize the ICC, a legitimate version of bringing international criminals to justice, far more legitimate than kidnapping them and throwing them in jail indefinitely with no trials and no legal protection.
    Europe is illegally occupied by the US

  7. #117
    Human 2.0
    Maximus Zeebra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Western Europe
    Last Seen
    09-07-17 @ 10:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,568

    Re: Guantanamo closure plan ordered

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    Wait now you see that there was a big embezzelment scheme. Though who was getting blamed for the very sanctions that allowed this and gave an excuse for saddam to not feed his people?

    A bigger picture unfolds if you open your eyes.
    Even it it was true, which it isn't it wouldn't really matter and it certainly wouldn't be any main reason for not going to Iraq, there were hundreds of better reasons to not go and dusins of places to rather go.
    Perhaps you should put your belief in the conspiracy theory forum.. What is it you republican say? "troofer" or something.. "conspiracy troofer".. Something like that.


    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    Right, because I post facts and offer a theory based on those clear facts it must be conspircacy.
    This is just as much a conspiracy theory as the 911 guys.. Those weren't facts you posted, just a silly article from the "national paper" or whatver that lame republican news source was called.


    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    You Fail.
    Nice to see a mature debate.





    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    Yet you excuse it for france and Germany.
    No I don't.. I want political reform everywhere.
    Europe is illegally occupied by the US

  8. #118
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: Guantanamo closure plan ordered

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Zeebra View Post
    Even it it was true, which it isn't it wouldn't really matter and it certainly wouldn't be any main reason for not going to Iraq, there were hundreds of better reasons to not go and dusins of places to rather go.
    Perhaps you should put your belief in the conspiracy theory forum.. What is it you republican say? "troofer" or something.. "conspiracy troofer".. Something like that.

    Lets see you critisize my maturity below and you cackle this nonsense?


    Please by all means if you think it is not true, dispute my claims and my evidence with your own.

    surely you can find something.




    This is just as much a conspiracy theory as the 911 guys.. Those weren't facts you posted, just a silly article from the "national paper" or whatver that lame republican news source was called.

    Right, because a giant government conspiracy to blow up buildings in NY for no apparent reason is the same thing as factual proof of embezzlement and possibly motivations to not want to have the US go to war with thier golden goose....


    Grow up.






    Nice to see a mature debate.

    The Good Reverend plays the level of the current audience.



    No I don't.. I want political reform everywhere.


    Yes I have read your elitist fascist crap before. It is a joke.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  9. #119
    Human 2.0
    Maximus Zeebra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Western Europe
    Last Seen
    09-07-17 @ 10:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,568

    Re: Guantanamo closure plan ordered

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    Lets see you critisize my maturity below and you cackle this nonsense?


    Please by all means if you think it is not true, dispute my claims and my evidence with your own.

    surely you can find something.





    Right, because a giant government conspiracy to blow up buildings in NY for no apparent reason is the same thing as factual proof of embezzlement and possibly motivations to not want to have the US go to war with thier golden goose....


    Grow up.






    The Good Reverend plays the level of the current audience.






    Yes I have read your elitist fascist crap before. It is a joke.

    You are right in everything, end of discussion.. I will submit to the neo-nazi/con US empire and their vision of a fascist world ruled by the US by their fantastic military and everything else that is fantastic about the US, the military for example, and the US military..
    Europe is illegally occupied by the US

  10. #120
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: Guantanamo closure plan ordered

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Zeebra View Post
    You are right in everything, end of discussion.. I will submit to the neo-nazi/con US empire and their vision of a fascist world ruled by the US by their fantastic military and everything else that is fantastic about the US, the military for example, and the US military..

    The only "nazi" around here is the european who believes in a superior group of people ruling others.


    your first point however is correct. I am indeed right in everything.



    The rest of your bunk is typical european whining.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •