Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 63

Thread: Obama's new pastor controversy -- at inauguration

  1. #41
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Obama's new pastor controversy -- at inauguration

    Quote Originally Posted by Gibberish View Post
    Gay marriage isn't immoral. It's un-Christian, which is why the pastor is against it.

    So is most of life according to some Christians. Sex, booze, smoking, pork, blended fabrics...take your pick.

  2. #42
    Banned

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Last Seen
    07-11-11 @ 02:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,249

    Re: Obama's new pastor controversy -- at inauguration

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    Still did not answer my question, even with your edit.

    Do a majority of Americans believe that Syria is a moderate state? Rick Warren does, and has visited the country praising Assad.

    Rick Warren on Syria: 'A moderate country'

    Does a majority of Americans believe that homosexuals lack character, are immature and demand multiple sex partners? Rick Warren does. Shows how ignorant the moron is.

    And that moral crap you threw at Europe. Give me a break. The US, the champion of personal rights, pisses on the rights of certain people because some religious wack jobs do not agree with their life styles. That is not only immoral but hypocritical. Funny how many of the same excuses that were used to prevent mixing of the races, are being used today. It is unnatural, it is against gods will and so on.
    Oh yes, can you say SNAPSHOT! Another Golden Moment from the PeteEUisms latrine!

    Yay!
    http://www.debatepolitics.com/us-ele...post1057851470

  3. #43
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-24-09 @ 08:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    964

    Re: Obama's new pastor controversy -- at inauguration

    Yes!

    I'm glad that this iniciative of mine is growing faster and wider than the progressives'. I wrote long ago that allowing gay marriage is comparable to allowing marriage between "consenting adults" commiting incest, and accepting officially zoophilia, necrophilia, polygamy, etc.

    All these kind of sexual behaviors from above are negative to society.

    Well, check this link from Yahoo news

    Pastor Rick Warren defends invite to inauguration - Yahoo! News


    He said that he loves gays, but of course not the way of physical attraction or similar, -because his beliefs are based in a religion where the god commands to love others, including the enemies- but, loving your neighbor without changing your principles at all, and this is something I experience myself, I do know people who are gay, I can talk to them but this doesn't mean that my principles will change because them.

    The words of this pastor are part of the increasing iniciative to educate people about what is the real status of homosexuality in our society:

    "I have many gay friends. I've eaten dinner in gay homes. No church has probably done more for people with AIDS than Saddleback Church," he said in a recent interview with BeliefNet. But later in the interview, he compared the "redefinition of marriage" to include gay marriage to legitimizing incest, child abuse, and polygamy."

    See? Such is the status of homosexuality and other negative sexual behaviors, and people must be educated in that way to stop comparing homosexuals -who decided to choose such a negative sexual behavior- with the discrimination against women and color people. It is very important to teach that women have born women, and that blacks have born blacks, but homosexuals is just a choice, like incest, polygamy. etc.

    We can vote against such a negative choice (gay marriage) in order to progress in the right path. Many of the current progressives are a joke, like a joke is to call a "gay to a "homosexual ", because homosexuals are in reality very unhappy people...just look how they are always complaining...many of them hide themselves in "the closet" for me, they are not happy (gay) but funny (their way of talking, walking, thinking...)

    The invitation of Obama to this pastor in his inauguration is part of his many invitations, because Obama has invited another religious leader who supports gay marriage, and as a politician who wants unification in this country, his choices appear to be smart, however, this game made by Obama may reveal that by having him trying to please everybody, he will trap himself and when you are trap youb get desperate and more errors will be made by lots.

    Obama must understand that if he opposes gay marriage, the reason is because such a choice is wrong, period. This is not a case to support the both sides of this argument, Obama must define himself and express his principles -right or wrong- to the public. Obama must be aware that this is not a case of gaining popularity as his cover sheet but of keeping honor as his flag.
    Last edited by conquer; 12-21-08 at 12:16 PM.

  4. #44
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    in a neocon's craw
    Last Seen
    04-24-17 @ 10:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,801

    Re: Obama's new pastor controversy -- at inauguration

    Quote Originally Posted by conquer View Post
    Yes!

    I'm glad that this iniciative of mine is growing faster and wider than the progressives'. I wrote long ago that allowing gay marriage is comparable to allowing marriage between "consenting adults" commiting incest, and accepting officially zoophilia, necrophilia, polygamy, etc.

    All these kind of sexual behaviors from above are negative to society.

    Well, check this link from Yahoo news

    Pastor Rick Warren defends invite to inauguration - Yahoo! News


    He said that he loves gays, but of course not the way of physical attraction or similar, -because his beliefs are based in a religion where the god commands to love others, including the enemies- but, loving your neighbor without changing your principles at all, and this is something I experience myself, I do know people who are gay, I can talk to them but this doesn't mean that my principles will change because them.

    The words of this pastor are part of the increasing iniciative to educate people about what is the real status of homosexuality in our society:

    "I have many gay friends. I've eaten dinner in gay homes. No church has probably done more for people with AIDS than Saddleback Church," he said in a recent interview with BeliefNet. But later in the interview, he compared the "redefinition of marriage" to include gay marriage to legitimizing incest, child abuse, and polygamy."

    See? Such is the status of homosexuality and other negative sexual behaviors, and people must be educated in that way to stop comparing homosexuals -who decided to choose such a negative sexual behavior- with the discrimination against women and color people. It is very important to teach that women have born women, and that blacks have born blacks, but homosexuals is just a choice, like incest, polygamy. etc.

    We can vote against such a negative choice (gay marriage) in order to progress in the right path. Many of the current progressives are a joke, like a joke is to call a "gay to a "homosexual ", because homosexuals are in reality very unhappy people...just look how they are always complaining...many of them hide themselves in "the closet" for me, they are not happy (gay) but funny (their way of talking, walking, thinking...)

    The invitation of Obama to this pastor in his inauguration is part of his many invitations, because Obama has invited another religious leader who supports gay marriage, and as a politician who wants unification in this country, his choices appear to be smart, however, this game made by Obama may reveal that by having him trying to please everybody, he will trap himself and when you are trap youb get desperate and more errors will be made by lots.

    Obama must understand that if he opposes gay marriage, the reason is because such a choice is wrong, period. This is not a case to support the both sides of this argument, Obama must define himself and express his principles -right or wrong- to the public. Obama must be aware that this is not a case of gaining popularity as his cover sheet but of keeping honor as his flag.
    Your uninformed and ignorant position, especially comparing homosexuality to incest, polygamy etc. is a sad commentary and an excellent example of the dangers of religion.

  5. #45
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: Obama's new pastor controversy -- at inauguration

    Quote Originally Posted by SgtRock View Post
    They still have morals unlike much of Europe.
    If you have not yet realized that "morals" are a subjective human construct, I pity you.
    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

  6. #46
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-24-09 @ 08:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    964

    Re: Obama's new pastor controversy -- at inauguration

    Quote Originally Posted by Slippery Slope View Post
    Your uninformed and ignorant position, especially comparing homosexuality to incest, polygamy etc. is a sad commentary and an excellent example of the dangers of religion.
    So, you support incest, zoophilia, necrophilia, polygamy, sodomism, etc. as to be recognized "officially" by the law.

    If you don't, then you also don't support homosexuality, because homophilia is part of the group mentioned right above.

  7. #47
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Obama's new pastor controversy -- at inauguration

    Quote Originally Posted by conquer View Post
    If you don't, then you also don't support homosexuality, because homophilia is part of the group mentioned right above.
    Says who? You? Sorry but you'll forgive me if I think your comment is loaded with nothing but Bull****.

    Fine, if you support Christianity, then you support Satanism and Islam, and religions that screw underage children, because they all are part of the religion group.
    Last edited by TheNextEra; 12-21-08 at 04:19 PM.

  8. #48
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    12-06-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,191

    Re: Obama's new pastor controversy -- at inauguration

    What the hell is "homophilia"?

    Gays that don't coagulate?
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  9. #49
    Jedi Master
    Captain America's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,647

    Re: Obama's new pastor controversy -- at inauguration

    I am still about the idea that being gay is a "choice."

    There is no way in hell that I could "make a choice" and just "decide" one day that I want to be gay.

    I couldn't be gay if I had a gun up to the side of my head.

    That is so rediculous.

    People are either gay or they ain't. And if the religious nuts have a problem with that maybe they oughta just bitch about it to God because He is, after all, The One that makes people the way they are. (That is, if you believe in all that superstitious stuff.)

    I sometimes wonder if some parts of the country have higher concentrations of lead content in their water than other places do. There HAS to be a logical explaination as to how some people can be so....well, you know.

    It's GREAT to be me. --- "45% liberal/55% conservative"
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggy" until you can find a gun.

  10. #50
    The Image b4 Transition
    Lightdemon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    beneath the surface
    Last Seen
    05-31-12 @ 02:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,829

    Re: Obama's new pastor controversy -- at inauguration

    Quote Originally Posted by conquer View Post
    So, you support incest, zoophilia, necrophilia, polygamy, sodomism, etc. as to be recognized "officially" by the law.

    If you don't, then you also don't support homosexuality, because homophilia is part of the group mentioned right above.
    All of a sudden it started to smell like Stinger around here.
    Quote Originally Posted by UtahBill View Post
    Let the public school provide the basics, you as the parent can do the fine tuning.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •