Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 234

Thread: Shoes thrown at Bush on Iraq trip

  1. #161
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,571

    Re: Shoes thrown at Bush on Iraq trip

    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  2. #162
    King of Videos
    dirtpoorchris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    WA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,010

    Re: Shoes thrown at Bush on Iraq trip

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    That didn't take long.
    I'm Finding it Harder to be a Gentleman, White Stripes ~ "You think I care about me and only me. When every girl needs help climbing up a tree."

  3. #163
    Professor
    Chanda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Last Seen
    07-18-13 @ 09:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,501

    Re: Shoes thrown at Bush on Iraq trip

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Yes, its wonderful folks. Life according to Chanda. Simply BELIEVE that someone wronged you and you're free to break the law
    Jeezus, the hypocrisy. Bush based his Iraq war on the premise that someone might try to harm the US sometime in the future. You approve of that, however...
    "The Pearl Harbor of the 21st century took place today." President George W. Bush, in his daily diary, September 11, 2001

  4. #164
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Shoes thrown at Bush on Iraq trip

    Quote Originally Posted by Chanda View Post
    Jeezus, the hypocrisy. Bush based his Iraq war on the premise that someone might try to harm the US sometime in the future. You approve of that, however...
    I think that he is essentially trying to say that two wrongs don't make a right.

  5. #165
    Dangerous Spinmaster
    RightOfCenter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Last Seen
    04-14-12 @ 04:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,736

    Re: Shoes thrown at Bush on Iraq trip

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    That's actually kind of tough
    Quote Originally Posted by SWM
    I never thought infanticide could be so delicious.

  6. #166
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Shoes thrown at Bush on Iraq trip

    Quote Originally Posted by RightOfCenter View Post
    That's actually kind of tough
    Even his digital self has cat-like reflexes.

  7. #167
    Professor
    Chanda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Last Seen
    07-18-13 @ 09:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,501

    Re: Shoes thrown at Bush on Iraq trip

    Quote Originally Posted by dclxvinoise View Post
    I think that he is essentially trying to say that two wrongs don't make a right.
    It's absurd to compare them as two equal wrongs.
    "The Pearl Harbor of the 21st century took place today." President George W. Bush, in his daily diary, September 11, 2001

  8. #168
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Shoes thrown at Bush on Iraq trip

    Quote Originally Posted by Chanda View Post
    It's absurd to compare them as two equal wrongs.
    I never said that they were two equal wrongs, but that doesn't defer from the fact that two wrongs don't make a right.

  9. #169
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,971

    Re: Shoes thrown at Bush on Iraq trip

    Quote Originally Posted by Chanda View Post
    Jeezus, the hypocrisy. Bush based his Iraq war on the premise that someone might try to harm the US sometime in the future. You approve of that, however...
    Hey Chanda, go find a quote of me saying that I think it was a good thing to invade Iraq or that I approve that we went over there in the first place.

    Please do.

    Otherwise how about you talk about factual things instead of making **** up? Or maybe actually address things I said about my posts instead of whatever things you've decided to make up in your head.

    You're getting pissy because someone had the audacity to say you're opinion is absolutely idiotic and foolish to essentially say someone may BREAK THE LAW as long as its thier OPINION (because you can rant, rave, bitch, complain, moan, whine, or do any other thing you want about how big mean and evil Bush is, everything you've been saying is opinion in the terms you're stating it) that the person did something wrong.

    Quote Originally Posted by dclxvinoise View Post
    I think that he is essentially trying to say that two wrongs don't make a right.
    That, and that you know...illegal is illegal. Funny how Chanda ignores all the other posts showing situations like it. Why? Because any other time they wouldn't dare say that "Hey, its alright to break the law as long as you really really dislike the person or YOU THINK they did something bad".

  10. #170
    Professor
    Chanda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Last Seen
    07-18-13 @ 09:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,501

    Re: Shoes thrown at Bush on Iraq trip

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Hey Chanda, go find a quote of me saying that I think it was a good thing to invade Iraq or that I approve that we went over there in the first place.
    I know, you said Bush has made "bad decisions," but basically he's a good person at heart.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    I disagree with Bush on a number of policy issues, but I never bought into the notion he was this callous guy that willingly and with great glee sends "kids" off to die "purposefully" over in Iraq and all those other notions for him.

    I do think he's honestly a good man, with a good heart, that's made a number of bad decisions along the way. I think at times it may very well be that trait actually that lends him to make some of the bad decisions.
    The Iraq War was more than just a bad decision, and not in the least based on good-hearted intentions.

    1999: George W. Bush Hints at Invading Iraq in Future Presidency

    Mickey Herskowitz. [Source: Public domain]Presidential candidate George W. Bush tells prominent Texas author and Bush family friend Mickey Herskowitz, who is helping Bush write an autobiography, that as president he would invade Iraq if given the opportunity. One of the keys to being seen as a great leader is to be seen as a commander-in-chief, Herskowitz remembers Bush saying. My father had all this political capital built up when he drove the Iraqis out of [Kuwait] and he wasted it. If I have a chance to invade Iraq, if I had that much capital, Im not going to waste it. Im going to get everything passed I want to get passed and Im going to have a successful presidency.

    Events Leading Up to the 2003 Invasion of Iraq: Pre-9/11 Plans for War

    Notice, Bush regarded an invasion of Iraq as an opportunity for the purpose of being seen as a great leader and to get legislation passed. When Bush pumped his fist and proclaimed "feels good!" prior to his speech on the eve of the Iraq war, he did appear "gleeful" to me. At the latest count we have:

    126 military suicides each week in addition to the official count of 4200+ American deaths since the war began.

    Go to Zeitlangers.com to see their names and faces. Some are pictured with their wives and small children.

    Estimated total Americans wounded: 100,000
    320,000 vets have brain injuries
    Casualties in Iraq - 2008

    US. Nobel economist Joseph Stiglitz estimates the full cost of the invasion and attempted occupation of Iraq to be between $3 trillion and $5 trillion.

    Turning to Iraqi deaths, expert studies support as many as 1.2 million dead Iraqis, almost entirely civilians. Another 2 million Iraqis have fled their country, and there are 2 million displaced Iraqis within Iraq.
    Afghan casualties are unknown.

    Both Afghanistan and Iraq have suffered unconscionable civilian deaths and damage to housing, infrastructure and environment. Iraq is afflicted with depleted uranium and open sewers.


    VDARE.com: 04/22/08 - What the Iraq War is about

    All this, so that Bush could be seen as a great leader and get legislation passed. So yeah, the Iraqi reporter was "irrational," and Bush is a good-hearted, compassionate man who just "makes bad decisions."
    "The Pearl Harbor of the 21st century took place today." President George W. Bush, in his daily diary, September 11, 2001

Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •