Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 234

Thread: Shoes thrown at Bush on Iraq trip

  1. #131
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    49,521

    Re: Shoes thrown at Bush on Iraq trip

    Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post
    I've already gone through this, im not going through it again.

    I suggest actually reading the ****ing thread and response to that post
    Sorry, it was in response more to the idiots in your article stating that if he's not released it shows that the democracy brought to them was a sham. The quote function just didn't copy your article. My bad.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    Bush handled it very well, IMO.

    Even though I'm sure I'll get flack from Bush-haters for saying it, I think Bush is compassionate enough to understand that the guy had emotional reasons for the outburst and I think that is part of what caused him to handle it so well.
    I agree. I disagree with Bush on a number of policy issues, but I never bought into the notion he was this callous guy that willingly and with great glee sends "kids" off to die "purposefully" over in Iraq and all those other notions for him.

    I do think he's honestly a good man, with a good heart, that's made a number of bad decisions along the way. I think at times it may very well be that trait actually that lends him to make some of the bad decisions.

    To a certain extent, you need your President to be seperated from emotion.

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    I'm hearing stories that this man was tortured at the hands of Americans. Can anyone confirm this? There must be a reason why he was so raged.
    Yes, there must be a reason, because we've never seen people act irrationally angry before.

    Where were you in the thread about the guys plotting to kill Obama worrisomely asking "What drove these men to plan this? What horrible thing happened to them to force them to want to plan a man's death? What was responsible for their actions?"

    Yes, something likely spurred this. It could very well be absolute delusions of thinking that America is the western devil as it was that he was actually harmed by American Soldiers. Whatever the reason for it, it still does not excuse him, nor obsolve him, from trying to attack the POTUS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post



    Can someone make me an avatar of this?
    Haha, that's the greatest thing I've seen in a week
    Last edited by Zyphlin; 12-16-08 at 09:43 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrWonka View Post
    In fact, I would wager to you that within 10 years of today's date that stupid MAGA hat will be registered as a symbol of hate on par with a Swastika.

  2. #132
    Tavern Bartender
    Mating season! WooHoo!
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    23,102
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Shoes thrown at Bush on Iraq trip

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Where were you in the thread about the guys plotting to kill Obama worrisomely asking "What drove these men to plan this? What horrible thing happened to them to force them to want to plan a man's death? What was responsible for their actions?"

    Yes, something likely spurred this. It could very well be absolute delusions of thinking that America is the western devil as it was that he was actually harmed by American Soldiers. Whatever the reason for it, it still does not excuse him, nor obsolve him, from trying to attack the POTUS.
    I think there's a difference here. The actions of this Iraqi journalist does not strike me as nuts. He seems angry, but not crazy. I liken this incident to vigilante justice. At least it strikes me that way.
    Last edited by Middleground; 12-16-08 at 09:55 AM.
    No men are anywhere, and Im allowed to go in, because Im the owner of the pageant and therefore Im inspecting it, Trump said... Is everyone OK? You know, theyre standing there with no clothes. Is everybody OK? And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.

  3. #133
    Sage
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    I love your hate.
    Last Seen
    05-16-18 @ 09:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    79,753

    Re: Shoes thrown at Bush on Iraq trip

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    So he's been freed? Last I heard, he is not. Also, Iraqi TV is reporting multiple injuries. Apparently half the Iraqi population is pissed at the man not because he threw a shoe at Bush, but moreso, because it was in the presence of the Iraqi President.



    No this was prior, which is why he is mad. he may have been stopped once at an American checkpoint as well.



    Though now apparently he has a broken arm and some broken ribs. now he's got something to be pissed about.
    You should try to remember, ideas are conveyed by researching information, vetting sources, and confirming said information. Not by regurgitating talking points given to you by your "news" station.
    Don't hate me 'cause I'm beautiful, but hate me all the more.

  4. #134
    Tavern Bartender
    Mating season! WooHoo!
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    23,102
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Shoes thrown at Bush on Iraq trip

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    No this was prior, which is why he is mad. he may have been stopped once at an American checkpoint as well.



    Though now apparently he has a broken arm and some broken ribs. now he's got something to be pissed about.

    So all that had happened to him--before this incident-- was being stopped at a checkpoint for a few minutes? Either he has strong issue with anger management, or there's more to the story.
    No men are anywhere, and Im allowed to go in, because Im the owner of the pageant and therefore Im inspecting it, Trump said... Is everyone OK? You know, theyre standing there with no clothes. Is everybody OK? And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.

  5. #135
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 04:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Shoes thrown at Bush on Iraq trip

    I think the most important thing to note here is that Bush will go down in history as the best Shoe-dodging president of all time.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  6. #136
    Sage
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    I love your hate.
    Last Seen
    05-16-18 @ 09:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    79,753

    Re: Shoes thrown at Bush on Iraq trip

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    So all that had happened to him--before this incident-- was being stopped at a checkpoint for a few minutes? Either he has strong issue with anger management, or there's more to the story.
    Yes.


    Given his shoe throwing, poor self control would be the most likely scenario.
    You should try to remember, ideas are conveyed by researching information, vetting sources, and confirming said information. Not by regurgitating talking points given to you by your "news" station.
    Don't hate me 'cause I'm beautiful, but hate me all the more.

  7. #137
    Professor
    Chanda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Last Seen
    07-18-13 @ 08:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,501

    Re: Shoes thrown at Bush on Iraq trip

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    I'm hearing stories that this man was tortured at the hands of Americans. Can anyone confirm this? There must be a reason why he was so raged.
    Shoe thrower 'beaten in custody'

    The brother of the Iraqi journalist who threw his shoes at US President George W Bush has said that the reporter has been beaten in custody.

    Muntadar al-Zaidi has suffered a broken hand, broken ribs and internal bleeding, as well as an eye injury, his older brother, Dargham, told the BBC.
    BBC NEWS | Middle East | Shoe thrower 'beaten in custody'

    Potentially fatal injuries for insulting a foreign leader are reminiscent of Saddam's regime.
    "The Pearl Harbor of the 21st century took place today." President George W. Bush, in his daily diary, September 11, 2001

  8. #138
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 04:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Shoes thrown at Bush on Iraq trip

    Quote Originally Posted by Chanda View Post
    BBC NEWS | Middle East | Shoe thrower 'beaten in custody'

    Potentially fatal injuries for PHYSICALLY ATTACKING a foreign leader are reminiscent of Saddam's regime.
    I fixed that for you.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  9. #139
    Sage
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    I love your hate.
    Last Seen
    05-16-18 @ 09:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    79,753

    Re: Shoes thrown at Bush on Iraq trip

    Quote Originally Posted by Chanda View Post
    BBC NEWS | Middle East | Shoe thrower 'beaten in custody'

    Potentially fatal injuries for insulting a foreign leader are reminiscent of Saddam's regime.


    So if I hit obama my shoe, it is NOT an assault to you? Somehow I would doubt it.
    You should try to remember, ideas are conveyed by researching information, vetting sources, and confirming said information. Not by regurgitating talking points given to you by your "news" station.
    Don't hate me 'cause I'm beautiful, but hate me all the more.

  10. #140
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:46 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,092

    Re: Shoes thrown at Bush on Iraq trip

    That journalist could get two years for that. What is more important is the citizens formrtly under Sadam now are throwing their shoes at our troops like copycats jerks. Bad for our troops, bad for everyone. This is inexcuseable for anyone from any country to do to a visitor. Recall a monk spit on Nixon and someone else in South America spit tobacco on him. I though Bush handled it very well and note he stops the Sercret Service guy from going in front of him. Piss on Iraq.
    It's nothing more than X's and O's.

Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •