"He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
1. It was obviously some Palin hater. Period.
2. Good thing no one wqas hurt, or killed.
3. Hope the bastage gets caught.
4. GREAT THING no one was hurt.
⚧ C.T.L.W. You figure it out
My Endo doc went over my blood work. "I see your estrogen level is now at 315, do you feel like you have too much Estrogen now?"
I told her "... N... N.. No..." and started crying.
Before I'd lay money on "a Palin hater", I'd guess it was:
1. A faulty circuit, a mechanical problem with the heater, etc.
2. A child fooling around bored while his mother worked and visited with her friends.
3. A disgruntled former church member, and/ or a disgruntled family member (ex-husband, perhaps) of one of the women inside the building at the time.
4. A mentally ill church member, setting the fire for unknown reasons related to his or her mental illness.
5. A member of the church administration/ staff, deliberately setting a fire to collect insurance.
6. Local teens up to malicious mischief.
7. A homeless person who snuck in to get warm and dropped a lit cigarette by accident, or a homeless person huddled outside the building, who attempted to start a fire to get warm and accidentally set the structure ablaze.
8. A mentally ill and/ or pyromaniacal non-church member, who targeted
the structure at random.
I can probably think of a dozen other possibilities more likely than "a Palin hater".
If somebody hated Palin badly enough to go to prison for attempted murder or possibly actual murder by burning down her church with parishioners inside, they'd probably just burn down her house, instead. Or blow up her car. or attack her personally. Or her husband. or her children.
If it was anyone connected to palin in any way, it was probably that psychotic ex-brother-in-law of hers, or else one of the former state officials she's accused of unfairly dismissing from their positions.
But if they hated her enough to break the law in the interests of hurting her, they probably would've actually attempted to hurt her. Her. Not her church, with a bunch of strangers inside.
Last edited by ReverendHellh0und; 12-14-08 at 06:06 PM.
Matthew 10:34Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.
Does the kilometer club count?
Originally Posted by Jerry