Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 60

Thread: Poll: 79% approve of way Obama is handling transition

  1. #21
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,711

    Re: Poll: 79% approve of way Obama is handling transition

    And I have a few questions for Hatuey and the Reverend.

    Hatuey, what exactly do you think Obama has done that shows that he is handling the transition well?

    Reverend, what about choosing Hillary as Secretary of State do you not like?

    And, as a side note, Reverend. If you give a pass to Bush for 9/11, which I certainly do, one would hope that you would be consistent and not get on Obama for his waiting to condemn the Illinois governor...comparatively, something far less serious and less involving of the President.

    As far as my opinion, I think Obama has done well with his transition, but not because of his cabnet choices...and I disagree with him choosing Hillary at State. I think he has handled his transition well because he has gotten involved in as many issues, and is gathering as much information around those issues, so that when he takes office, he is prepared. This is what needs to occur during a transition, so when he becomes President, this occurs smoothly.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  2. #22
    Sage
    DeeJayH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Scooping Zeus' Poop
    Last Seen
    06-21-15 @ 03:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    11,728

    Re: Poll: 79% approve of way Obama is handling transition

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    And I have a few questions for Hatuey and the Reverend.

    Hatuey, what exactly do you think Obama has done that shows that he is handling the transition well?

    Reverend, what about choosing Hillary as Secretary of State do you not like?

    And, as a side note, Reverend. If you give a pass to Bush for 9/11, which I certainly do, one would hope that you would be consistent and not get on Obama for his waiting to condemn the Illinois governor...comparatively, something far less serious and less involving of the President.

    As far as my opinion, I think Obama has done well with his transition, but not because of his cabnet choices...and I disagree with him choosing Hillary at State. I think he has handled his transition well because he has gotten involved in as many issues, and is gathering as much information around those issues, so that when he takes office, he is prepared. This is what needs to occur during a transition, so when he becomes President, this occurs smoothly.
    and what proof do you have of this, the highlighted portion of course?

    Human Taxidermist - - now offering his services for all your loved ones
    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    How the hell did you just tie in a retroactive reparative measure with a proactive preventative measure. Not even close to being the same thing.

  3. #23
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,306

    Re: Poll: 79% approve of way Obama is handling transition

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Only thing I see here is partisanship from both sides. If the roles were reversed, and the President Elect were a Republican, the comments would be mirrored. It'd be nice if someone commented on things that were pertinent, rather than basing their decision on whether they liked or didn't like some of his choices.
    I asked if Bush should get some credit for the transition success. If you can't address that question admit it, but don't criticize the question.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  4. #24
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,711

    Re: Poll: 79% approve of way Obama is handling transition

    Quote Originally Posted by DeeJayH View Post
    and what proof do you have of this, the highlighted portion of course?
    I've read lots of news stories on the information he is gathering on both the economic situation and the conflicts in the Middle East. He has met with Bush around these issues, also. He's not just sitting around, waiting to get sworn in.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  5. #25
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,711

    Re: Poll: 79% approve of way Obama is handling transition

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    I asked if Bush should get some credit for the transition success. If you can't address that question admit it, but don't criticize the question.
    No reason to get so defensive. Not only was I not referring specifically to you, I didn't see your question, nor did I address anything you said. Calm down.

    Yes, I think Bush should get some credit, too. Rather than playing idiotic partisan games, he has been a professional and has assisted with Obama's transition.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  6. #26
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,048

    Re: Poll: 79% approve of way Obama is handling transition

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    Are you feeling ok?

    Seriously....
    Seems like the only one having political PMS is you. Are YOU feeling okay?

    I believe it was three. That is two days, 23 hours and 53 minutes longer than you people gave bush when he reacted to something.
    Really? It took Bush 3 days to react to an American city being under water and this is what you want to compare it to? The situations are completely comparable.

    More personal attacks? Perhaps you should learn some self control.
    Thanks Dr. Rev.

    this speaks for itself.
    Unlike your partisanship which is hard to decipher but once read it's crystal clear.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  7. #27
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,048

    Re: Poll: 79% approve of way Obama is handling transition

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Hatuey, what exactly do you think Obama has done that shows that he is handling the transition well?
    Left of Center appointments, getting filled in on national security issues senators don't usually have access to.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  8. #28
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,680

    Re: Poll: 79% approve of way Obama is handling transition

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post

    Reverend, what about choosing Hillary as Secretary of State do you not like?

    Simple. I agree with Obama when he said she did not have enough world experience to be POTUS. One would think that same requirement would be for SECSTATE, no?


    Furthermore what does he think he is doing? appointing a bunch of clinton re-treads then hillary as SECSTATE? Where do you think at least SOME of those appointments loyalties lie?

    I think if **** ever hits the fan for Obama or someone in his administration, its gonna cost him.


    And, as a side note, Reverend. If you give a pass to Bush for 9/11, which I certainly do, one would hope that you would be consistent and not get on Obama for his waiting to condemn the Illinois governor...comparatively, something far less serious and less involving of the President.
    That was my whole point in bringing this up.

    Though I will say. Obama does not like to make fast decisions. And his 1st instinct is to play Sgt Shultz "I DONT KNOW NOTHING".... how long can he use this technuique before people start noticing?
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  9. #29
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,989

    Re: Poll: 79% approve of way Obama is handling transition

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Left of Center appointments
    Quote Originally Posted by Khayembii Communique View Post
    although his appointments have been incredibly right-wing
    Alright, you two, go at it!

    Seriously...scratching my head here still at Khay's comment

  10. #30
    Dangerous Spinmaster
    RightOfCenter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Last Seen
    04-14-12 @ 04:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,736

    Re: Poll: 79% approve of way Obama is handling transition

    I don't think the average American understands what a transition between two Presidents is so I'm going to call bull**** on this poll. It's just his honeymoon period.
    Quote Originally Posted by SWM
    I never thought infanticide could be so delicious.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •