Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 148

Thread: US successfully tests anti-missile shield

  1. #81
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: US successfully tests anti-missile shield

    Quote Originally Posted by shiznit770 View Post
    When we are incurring such a large debt I am critical of any program that does not bring significant gain to us.
    Compare:
    Cost of system v cost of 250kt nuke going off over Seattle.

    There is a big difference between coming to the aid of an Allie and preemptively arming them
    Still making a claim you cannot support...

  2. #82
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: US successfully tests anti-missile shield

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    Explain how it's not.
    There are many kinds of interceptors:
    Strategic/national defense, for ICBMs
    Theater/area defense, for IRBMs and tactical battlefield missiles
    Area/point defense, for smaller tactical battlefield missiles.
    Examples can be provided at your request.
    Last edited by Goobieman; 12-09-08 at 10:44 AM.

  3. #83
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: US successfully tests anti-missile shield

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    Explain how North Korea and Iran are not predictable.
    Listen to their rhetoric.
    No one know what they are going to do, including them - thus, unpredictable.
    Either state having an operational nuke and a missle platform that could reach the US should cause you GREAT concern.

  4. #84
    Professor

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Last Seen
    02-13-09 @ 05:15 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,942

    Re: US successfully tests anti-missile shield

    Quote Originally Posted by shiznit770 View Post
    I would argue that the entire program as a whole is not without merit. It is certain elements of it that are unnecessary, like providing defense in the form of interceptors and radar to other countries(Poland/Czech/Israel). These parts of the program promote political divisiveness with essentially no gain for the US.
    My goodness...you people continue to amaze me. It's like political divisiveness is the most evil sin imaginable. Look, there will always be political divisivenes. The way you think about it, though, always has the US subjugating her sovereignty and national security to avoid politically offending countries like Russia, China, Iran, etc. This is, at best, naive, and at worst, a suicide pact.

    Why is it that for you people the US must always abandon her interests? It's always that the US is the bad guy, the aggressor, the imperialist. Pathetic anti-Americanism charading as international diplomacy.

    Makes me sick.

  5. #85
    Professor

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Last Seen
    02-13-09 @ 05:15 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,942

    Re: US successfully tests anti-missile shield

    Quote Originally Posted by shiznit770 View Post
    You're right, lets give Israel the best damn missile defense system money can buy. That way when they attack Iran's nuclear facilities, Iran won't be able to counter-attack! I wonder what will happen when you corner an extremist country and provoke them? Meh, whatever happens we can just blame it on Islam again, right?
    There you go, again...the US is always the bad guy, the provcateur, right? In this instance, it's the US backing Iran into a corner and Iran is just a victim of US/Israeli aggression.

    I mean, it's not like Iran has not been waging war against by proxy against both the US and Israel. It's not Iran is not a brutally repressive regime that has already developed wmd's and, by their own admissions, are intent on developing nukes as well as "annihilating" Israel.

    But, rather, it is the US that is the problem.

    Sick. Weak. Pathetic.

  6. #86
    Professor
    shiznit770's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    07-08-10 @ 07:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,393

    Re: US successfully tests anti-missile shield

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    You -continue- to make this claim, with NO support for the idea that this is the intent of the system.
    Why?
    Because it is more reasonable than your claim that the US is under threat of an unprovoked Missile attack. At least I've shown evidence supporting my claim, you can't even do that.

  7. #87
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: US successfully tests anti-missile shield

    Quote Originally Posted by shiznit770 View Post
    Because it is more reasonable...
    Your argument is based on nothing more than your assumptions, preonceptions and prejudices. Thus, there no 'reason' involved.

    At least I've shown evidence supporting my claim, you can't even do that.
    You've shown no such thing, after having been asked to do so numerous times.

  8. #88
    Professor
    shiznit770's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    07-08-10 @ 07:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,393

    Re: US successfully tests anti-missile shield

    Quote Originally Posted by JMak View Post
    My goodness...you people continue to amaze me. It's like political divisiveness is the most evil sin imaginable. Look, there will always be political divisivenes. The way you think about it, though, always has the US subjugating her sovereignty and national security to avoid politically offending countries like Russia, China, Iran, etc. This is, at best, naive, and at worst, a suicide pact.

    Why is it that for you people the US must always abandon her interests? It's always that the US is the bad guy, the aggressor, the imperialist. Pathetic anti-Americanism charading as international diplomacy.

    Makes me sick.
    Do you have any personal interests that the US is protecting? I certainly don't. I find it sick that a democracy is going to war for the sake of a few. I say let them suffer the consequences for exploiting another country. That's capitalism. When you enter military into the equation it becomes Imperialism.

  9. #89
    Professor

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Last Seen
    02-13-09 @ 05:15 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,942

    Re: US successfully tests anti-missile shield

    Quote Originally Posted by shiznit770 View Post
    Because it is more reasonable than your claim that the US is under threat of an unprovoked Missile attack. At least I've shown evidence supporting my claim, you can't even do that.
    I haven't seen him make such a claim. However, yeah, one purpose of this defense shield is to defend against missile attack. That a threat is not imminent or even likely within, say, 5 years, doesn't render the system unjustified.

    If that is your logic then why ever have considered constructing any number of weapons systems beyond bows and arrows, rocks, horses, etc.? The utility in developing new weapons systems, offensive or defensive, is to gain tactical or strategic advantage.

    Imagine that Iraq develops a nuke missile capability. The point-of-no-return has been reached. Now Iran has the ability to hold us politically hostage. It's their advantage. A missile shield mitigates that advantage, hopefully fully, but nonetheless mitigates their advantage.

    That's the point.

  10. #90
    Professor

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Last Seen
    02-13-09 @ 05:15 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,942

    Re: US successfully tests anti-missile shield

    Quote Originally Posted by shiznit770 View Post
    Do you have any personal interests that the US is protecting? I certainly don't. I find it sick that a democracy is going to war for the sake of a few. I say let them suffer the consequences for exploiting another country. That's capitalism. When you enter military into the equation it becomes Imperialism.
    What war is being waged for a few as you claim?

    And, no, waging war is not imperialism. Nice try to redefine words to simply suit your partisan hackery.

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •