Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 148

Thread: US successfully tests anti-missile shield

  1. #11
    Sage
    scourge99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    The Wild West
    Last Seen
    01-27-12 @ 02:50 AM
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    6,233

    Re: US successfully tests anti-missile shield

    Quote Originally Posted by RightOfCenter View Post
    Why do you think terrorists are using ballistic missiles?
    Do you think interceptor technology is for terrorists?
    If you believe in the Supernatural then you can become a millionaire!

    Questioning or criticizing another's core beliefs is inadvertently perceived as offensive and rude.

  2. #12
    User
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    09-03-15 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    64

    Re: US successfully tests anti-missile shield

    weakest argument for something "never working" ever. the system could never be improved upon to bypass countermeasures. NEVER!!!!! your second point might be valid.


    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    It won't. The missile shield lacks sufficent resources to deal with cheap countermeasures like Mylar balloons or simply just overwhelming numbers of missiles. And MAD is functioning.

    And RightOfCenter is correct. There are more pressing concerns we should be allocating money towards. Like securing the borders and inspecting the millions of containers that enter the country every year.

  3. #13
    Dangerous Spinmaster
    RightOfCenter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Last Seen
    04-14-12 @ 04:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,736

    Re: US successfully tests anti-missile shield

    Quote Originally Posted by scourge99 View Post
    Do you think interceptor technology is for terrorists?
    No one else is a threat.

    MAD assures our safety.
    Quote Originally Posted by SWM
    I never thought infanticide could be so delicious.

  4. #14
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: US successfully tests anti-missile shield

    Quote Originally Posted by boblzer0 View Post
    weakest argument for something "never working" ever.
    We do have a way around it. It's called a nuclear interceptor. The problem is that we are blind to the second salvo. That's why the US abandoned them. It was the only way to get around that counter measure. And it still is. Furthermore, the sheer number of interceptors we'll need to stop all potential missiles is likely in the thousands. That's insane.

    And your argument is essentially to keep throwing money at it until it works. Do you suggest the same thing for our schools and for our health system?
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  5. #15
    User
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    09-03-15 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    64

    Re: US successfully tests anti-missile shield

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    We do have a way around it. It's called a nuclear interceptor. The problem is that we are blind to the second salvo. That's why the US abandoned them. It was the only way to get around that counter measure. And it still is. Furthermore, the sheer number of interceptors we'll need to stop all potential missiles is likely in the thousands. That's insane.

    And your argument is essentially to keep throwing money at it until it works. Do you suggest the same thing for our schools and for our health system?
    i'm sure you would've said the stealth bomber was a waste of money and wouldn't work either. money doesn't fix schools, it pays for r&d for designing cool ****. whoever thought up the idea of the computer was an idiot too, whoever was funding that was a ****ing jackass.

  6. #16
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: US successfully tests anti-missile shield

    Quote Originally Posted by boblzer0 View Post
    i'm sure you would've said the stealth bomber was a waste of money and wouldn't work either.
    Why? The wobbly goblin was a success. The bomber is effectively just taking the lessons from that and applying it to a flying wing, another proven design. And given the increasing air defenses during the cold war over Russia, the big uglies could not deliver the necessary weapons to ensure MAD. Therefore there was a clear need for a heavy bomber that could slip pass Soviet air defenses.

    And we should cut programs we don't need. Like the Comanche. The upgrades to the Apache can do the job cheaper. Did we really need the Valkyrie bomber? No. Do you still support that?

    money doesn't fix schools, it pays for r&d for designing cool ****. whoever thought up the idea of the computer was an idiot too, whoever was funding that was a ****ing jackass.
    lol. Keep that up. You'll get banned soon.

    So you're okay with pouring infinite money into defense, but not a cent for education?
    Last edited by obvious Child; 12-05-08 at 09:07 PM.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  7. #17
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: US successfully tests anti-missile shield

    Quote Originally Posted by boblzer0 View Post
    who knows, but we do know that missiles exist so don't u think it could be possibly beneficial to be able to shoot them down?
    Not when it takes money away from securing the likely sources of which terrorists will use to attack us. What good is a missile shield when the only people going to nuke us will use nukes inside U-Hauls?
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  8. #18
    User
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    09-03-15 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    64

    Re: US successfully tests anti-missile shield

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    Why? The wobbly goblin was a success. The bomber is effectively just taking the lessons from that and applying it to a flying wing, another proven design. And given the increasing air defenses during the cold war over Russia, the big uglies could not deliver the necessary weapons to ensure MAD. Therefore there was a clear need for a heavy bomber that could slip pass Soviet air defenses.

    And we should cut programs we don't need. Like the Comanche. The upgrades to the Apache can do the job cheaper. Did we really need the Valkyrie bomber? No. Do you still support that?



    lol. Keep that up. You'll get banned soon.

    So you're okay with pouring infinite money into defense, but not a cent for education?
    when you prove that pumping money into education makes it better then we can start doing it.

  9. #19
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: US successfully tests anti-missile shield

    Quote Originally Posted by boblzer0 View Post
    when you prove that pumping money into education makes it better then we can start doing it.
    Lol.

    You're one of those. Those who refuse to answer questions about the inconsistencies in their beliefs.

    I never said that throwing money at education makes it better. But by logic, your argument does.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  10. #20
    User
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    09-03-15 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    64

    Re: US successfully tests anti-missile shield

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    Lol.

    You're one of those. Those who refuse to answer questions about the inconsistencies in their beliefs.

    I never said that throwing money at education makes it better. But by logic, your argument does.
    i never said i agreed with pumping infinite money into a missile defense system either.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •