Page 79 of 83 FirstFirst ... 29697778798081 ... LastLast
Results 781 to 790 of 824

Thread: Atheists take aim at Christmas

  1. #781
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Atheists take aim at Christmas

    Quote Originally Posted by EgoffTib View Post
    How does it not work? If you ignore it, it can't bother you. Problem solved.
    It does not work because this particular athiest mindset, the militant side, takes any and all ignorances of their shenanigans as either a sign of weakness, or acknowledgement that these acts work, and then attack with more intensity the next time, there is a breaking point, and it is obvious with the size of this thread, that it is getting close.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  2. #782
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: Atheists take aim at Christmas

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    It does not work because this particular athiest mindset, the militant side, takes any and all ignorances of their shenanigans as either a sign of weakness, or acknowledgement that these acts work, and then attack with more intensity the next time, there is a breaking point, and it is obvious with the size of this thread, that it is getting close.
    It's obvious that you're failing to grasp my point. It would work. If the Christians were Christ-like and simply ignored the sign, the group that put up the sign would not have the satisfaction of knowing they pissed the Christians off. Instead, people are feeding into it and protesting and getting angry...

    THEY'RE GIVING THEM WHAT THEY WANT.
    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

  3. #783
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Atheists take aim at Christmas

    Quote Originally Posted by EgoffTib View Post
    It's obvious that you're failing to grasp my point. It would work. If the Christians were Christ-like and simply ignored the sign, the group that put up the sign would not have the satisfaction of knowing they pissed the Christians off. Instead, people are feeding into it and protesting and getting angry...

    THEY'RE GIVING THEM WHAT THEY WANT.
    I understand what you are getting at, but disagree to an extent. Here's the way I see it, if a moderate Atheist came to me and said "I believe there is no god, and here is why........" I would say "cool, well, I disagree, and here is why......" then we could discuss, part ways satisfactorily, and understand our own beliefs and agendas just a little better, along with gaining insight on the other opinion and how it came about, that is good, honest debate. Here is where the problem comes, when an Atheist says "there is no god, you just need to accept it and join the intelligent side", then I would say "bring alot of sunblock with you, cause you're gonna need it in the afterlife", it's no longer debate, just tit-for-tat arguing, which helps no one. The secondary problem comes when Atheists decide to misuse the law to force people to acknowledge their beliefs, that is the problem of ignoring these symbolic acts(or should I say attacks).
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  4. #784
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: Atheists take aim at Christmas

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    I understand what you are getting at, but disagree to an extent. Here's the way I see it, if a moderate Atheist came to me and said "I believe there is no god, and here is why........" I would say "cool, well, I disagree, and here is why......" then we could discuss, part ways satisfactorily, and understand our own beliefs and agendas just a little better, along with gaining insight on the other opinion and how it came about, that is good, honest debate. Here is where the problem comes, when an Atheist says "there is no god, you just need to accept it and join the intelligent side", then I would say "bring alot of sunblock with you, cause you're gonna need it in the afterlife", it's no longer debate, just tit-for-tat arguing, which helps no one.
    I agree, but this is irrelevant. Your argument is emotional.


    The secondary problem comes when Atheists decide to misuse the law to force people to acknowledge their beliefs, that is the problem of ignoring these symbolic acts(or should I say attacks).
    By your logic, a baby in a manger is Christians forcing others to acknowledge their beliefs.
    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

  5. #785
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Atheists take aim at Christmas

    [QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by EgoffTib View Post
    I agree, but this is irrelevant. Your argument is emotional.
    Not emotional at all. Most Atheists are good, hard working people who don't get offended by others beliefs, then there is that 5% or so that will do anything to silence opposing views, they, like anyone else who demands to be heard will do what it takes to monopolize their place in open society, and are dangerous from any logical viewpoint. Regardless of beliefs, we should all band together to reign them in.




    By your logic, a baby in a manger is Christians forcing others to acknowledge their beliefs.
    I could see how this could be seen as such, but I really believe that if it is placed in a respectful manner, and you have the right to disagree, then it isn't forcing as much as displaying. The problem with this particular sign is it was placed predominately in view of the opposing belief and within eyesight of those who would want to view it, that is forcing beliefs in a defacto way.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  6. #786
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: Atheists take aim at Christmas

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    I could see how this could be seen as such, but I really believe that if it is placed in a respectful manner, and you have the right to disagree, then it isn't forcing as much as displaying. The problem with this particular sign is it was placed predominately in view of the opposing belief and within eyesight of those who would want to view it, that is forcing beliefs in a defacto way.
    C'mon.... you can't actually believe this. It's a sign. No one is "forcing beliefs" on anyone. If you don't want to see the sign, don't look at it. It's really that simple.
    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

  7. #787
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Atheists take aim at Christmas

    Quote Originally Posted by EgoffTib View Post
    C'mon.... you can't actually believe this. It's a sign. No one is "forcing beliefs" on anyone. If you don't want to see the sign, don't look at it. It's really that simple.
    I wouldn't mind if it wasn't directly in view of my season's symbol, that is all really.

    Attachment 67109152 I am offended by this, I think most people likewise would be regardless of faith.
    Last edited by LaMidRighter; 04-15-10 at 01:10 AM.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  8. #788
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: Atheists take aim at Christmas

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    I am offended by this, I think most people likewise would be regardless of faith.
    Then stop being weak willed. How strong is your faith in Christ that this upsets you so much? How fragile are your convictions?
    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

  9. #789
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,548

    Re: Atheists take aim at Christmas

    Quote Originally Posted by EgoffTib View Post
    Then stop being weak willed. How strong is your faith in Christ that this upsets you so much? How fragile are your convictions?
    I don't think it has anything to do with faith at all. It was just a mean spirited rude action, nothing more.

  10. #790
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: Atheists take aim at Christmas

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    I don't think it has anything to do with faith at all. It was just a mean spirited rude action, nothing more.
    I'm not denying that it's mean spirited, rude, ignorant, etc. I do, however, believe it's perfectly acceptable for that sign to be there, right beside the Nativity Scene.
    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

Page 79 of 83 FirstFirst ... 29697778798081 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •