Page 68 of 83 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast
Results 671 to 680 of 824

Thread: Atheists take aim at Christmas

  1. #671
    Sage
    Dezaad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Last Seen
    06-28-15 @ 10:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    5,058
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Atheists take aim at Christmas

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Absolutely wrong. It was a study that said people who are religious tend to have less education than those who were agnostic or atheist. Had little to do with intelligence.
    Well, clearly, they are ignorant obviously. Now, if I start googling the correlation between ignorance and intelligence, what do you suppose I will find, generally?

  2. #672
    Stigmatized! End R Word! Kali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Last Seen
    08-19-12 @ 12:29 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    13,334
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Atheists take aim at Christmas

    Quote Originally Posted by ludahai View Post
    You make the claim, but you don't back it up.

    Most Christian holidays are NOT pagan based. Just because they happen at the same time of year, that doesn't mean that they are the basis for it. Heck, you could have a Christian holiday at ANY time of year, and make some fictitious pagan connection to it.

    Are you claiming that Zorasterism is older than Judaism? Even if so, the notion that good v. evil supposedly comes from Zorasterism, this now means that only that religion can legitimately hold to it? Are you so closed minded to think that God can't work through other cultures, and other faith systems to reveal His ultimate truths?

    I am really curious about something that you said/asked in you very last question: Do you think that God works through other cultures and other faith systems?

    Guess what I am trying to ask is do you think that most other faiths are all worshipping same god just under different names and that they will all go to Heaven because they have the right idea?

    I am sorry if I have came off as closed minded in this thread because that is not me. I guess this is just a touchy subject with me because I feel that sometimes Christians in this country have an advantage because they are the majority and yet they always cry about their rights when it is the other faiths that are in the minority that seem to get the most scorn in our country.

    People are so shallow when it comes to religion. Like it is their way or the highway. I hope I have not came off as one of those shallow people in this thread but it is hard when people will not even be friends with you because of the path you decided to take. I am really open minded but hate when Christians try to convert me. Just accept me for me and also just leave your religion out of my government! Why the constant need to push when you are in the majority and control a lot of things in this country already. What about ALL people.

  3. #673
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: Atheists take aim at Christmas

    Quote Originally Posted by Kali View Post
    Where did that come from? Cheering on a sports team is hardly the same thing as getting dressed, going to place of worship and performing rituals. Think about the drinking of the blood and eating of the body/spirit.



    Hmm i don my vintage Scott Stevens game worn Jersey, my vintage Devils new era cap.....

    Ok getting dressed, check.


    then I head out to the ironbounds where I gorge myself on the flesh and blood of many animals, Rodizio

    Then I head to the Arena which is sacred ground....


    Then we do chants like "asshole....asshole....asshole..." or "kill... kill... kill" or "marty's better"..... or "let's go devils".....


    mechanically it is identical.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  4. #674
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: Atheists take aim at Christmas

    Quote Originally Posted by Kali View Post
    Religious snobbery at its very best.

    More people have died in the name of religion(s) than anything else so spare me this crap about how more religion is better for society


    Nonsense. atheists governments namley the communist regiemes killed over 100 million people last century.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  5. #675
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,781

    Re: Atheists take aim at Christmas

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    Hmm i don my vintage Scott Stevens game worn Jersey, my vintage Devils new era cap.....

    Ok getting dressed, check.


    then I head out to the ironbounds where I gorge myself on the flesh and blood of many animals, Rodizio

    Then I head to the Arena which is sacred ground....


    Then we do chants like "asshole....asshole....asshole..." or "kill... kill... kill" or "marty's better"..... or "let's go devils".....


    mechanically it is identical.
    Though I am not a hockey fan, one of my best friends is. Everything you say makes sense. It is a "religious" experience. Great analogy.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  6. #676
    Defender of the Faith
    ludahai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Taichung, Taiwan - 2017 East Asian Games Candidate City
    Last Seen
    07-03-13 @ 02:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    10,320

    Re: Atheists take aim at Christmas

    Quote Originally Posted by Kali View Post
    Very true. What is impossible is the whole Virgin Birth Concept. My bad and thanks for correcting me

    Do you ever feel strange that you may be doing the celebration at the wrong time? What if He is angry about it? Don't we all get a tad annoyed when someone forgets our birthday or sends us a late birthday gift?
    I don't think ANYTHING is impossible for God, so the Virgin Birth is also not impossible.

    I don't think God gets angry that we may have the wrong day, otherwise, He would have been much clearer about it. Furthermore, Christmas is not the most important holiday for Catholics - the Paschal Triduum is. The important thing is that we remember WHY we celebrate this holiday. I think God would be sadder about the materialism that has come to typify the holiday than the date we use to celebrate it.
    Semper Paratus
    Boston = City of Champions: Bruins 2011; Celtics 2008; Red Sox 2004, 2007; Patriots 2002, 2004, 2005
    Jon Huntsman for President

  7. #677
    Defender of the Faith
    ludahai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Taichung, Taiwan - 2017 East Asian Games Candidate City
    Last Seen
    07-03-13 @ 02:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    10,320

    Re: Atheists take aim at Christmas

    Quote Originally Posted by Kali View Post
    I am really curious about something that you said/asked in you very last question: Do you think that God works through other cultures and other faith systems?
    Yes, I do. And, this is also consistent with the teachings of the Church.

    Guess what I am trying to ask is do you think that most other faiths are all worshipping same god just under different names and that they will all go to Heaven because they have the right idea?
    If they are doing good with the intention of seeking what is good and true, I believe they are doing it for the One God in Heaven, even if they don't know it. I know many good Buddhists. I can't believe that there isn't some aspct of God working through the positive aspects of that religion. In fact, one of the best known Buddhist masters in Taiwan was inspired by Catholics in the good works she does now and speaks highly of Catholics and the cooperation with her and her work.

    I am sorry if I have came off as closed minded in this thread because that is not me. I guess this is just a touchy subject with me because I feel that sometimes Christians in this country have an advantage because they are the majority and yet they always cry about their rights when it is the other faiths that are in the minority that seem to get the most scorn in our country.
    I think you would find Catholics to be generally more open minded about such things than Evangelical Protestants. I think they are generally good people, just a little misguided. Remember, Catholics are also a minority in the United States and there is a long history of prejudice and bigotry against Catholics in the US.

    People are so shallow when it comes to religion. Like it is their way or the highway. I hope I have not came off as one of those shallow people in this thread but it is hard when people will not even be friends with you because of the path you decided to take. I am really open minded but hate when Christians try to convert me. Just accept me for me and also just leave your religion out of my government! Why the constant need to push when you are in the majority and control a lot of things in this country already. What about ALL people.
    I hope I don't come off as closed minded on religious issues. I am devout in my faith and I will defend it, but I respect the faith (and non-faith) of others. Case in point, my wife is a devout Buddhist.
    Semper Paratus
    Boston = City of Champions: Bruins 2011; Celtics 2008; Red Sox 2004, 2007; Patriots 2002, 2004, 2005
    Jon Huntsman for President

  8. #678
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,548

    Re: Atheists take aim at Christmas

    Quote Originally Posted by Dezaad View Post
    Well, clearly, they are ignorant obviously. Now, if I start googling the correlation between ignorance and intelligence, what do you suppose I will find, generally?
    That your level of ignorance matches the original poster I responded to?

    "There are several ways to define intelligence. In some cases, intelligence may include traits such as creativity, personality, character, knowledge, or wisdom. However, most psychologists prefer not to include these traits in the definition of intelligence."
    Last edited by Black Dog; 12-17-08 at 09:04 AM.

  9. #679
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Atheists take aim at Christmas

    Quote Originally Posted by ludahai View Post
    Reminds me of the movie "Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer" when Santa had to announce the cancellation of Christmas due to the weather before Rudolph saved the day.
    That bastard Rudolph foiled my Atheist Fog Making Machine! Drats!!!!!
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  10. #680
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Atheists take aim at Christmas

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    Nonsense. atheists governments namley the communist regiemes killed over 100 million people last century.
    Those were anti-theist government, not atheist. Atheist governments tend towards secularism.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

Page 68 of 83 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •