Page 65 of 83 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast
Results 641 to 650 of 824

Thread: Atheists take aim at Christmas

  1. #641
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    in a neocon's craw
    Last Seen
    04-24-17 @ 10:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,801

    Re: Atheists take aim at Christmas

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    So you want separation of church and state to be a one sided affair?
    Was that an actual question you were seeking an answer to or just another failed attempt at catching me saying something wrong?

    Answer: Nope and I never made any such claim. In fact I have stated quite clearly in the past that if the religious would keep their religion to themselves and church property, I'd have little to complain about.

  2. #642
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,680

    Re: Atheists take aim at Christmas

    Quote Originally Posted by Slippery Slope View Post
    Was that an actual question you were seeking an answer to or just another failed attempt at catching me saying something wrong?

    Answer: Nope and I never made any such claim. In fact I have stated quite clearly in the past that if the religious would keep their religion to themselves and church property, I'd have little to complain about.



    Somehow I doubt that. You demonstrate an irrational bigoted hatred for others beliefs. ARe you now trying to snake it into something else?


    Can you tell me which amendment prevents putting a nativity scene in the town square for Christmas?
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  3. #643
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    in a neocon's craw
    Last Seen
    04-24-17 @ 10:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,801

    Re: Atheists take aim at Christmas

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    Somehow I doubt that. You demonstrate an irrational bigoted hatred for others beliefs. ARe you now trying to snake it into something else?


    Can you tell me which amendment prevents putting a nativity scene in the town square for Christmas?
    Not at all. My hatred is not irrational. I have plenty of good rational reasons to be bigoted against xianity.

  4. #644
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,680

    Re: Atheists take aim at Christmas

    Quote Originally Posted by Slippery Slope View Post
    Not at all. My hatred is not irrational. I have plenty of good rational reasons to be bigoted against xianity.



    Really like what specifically?
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  5. #645
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: Atheists take aim at Christmas

    Quote Originally Posted by Slippery Slope View Post
    Well, you're changing my premise a bit. First off I said xians want favoritism for their religion. Next I didn't compare their favoritism to other religions.
    You said...

    "This has been argued endlessly and seems to be an open debate only among xians who want favoritism for their religion, which they get anyway." - Slippery Slope

    You are saying specifically Christians want favoritism, and are getting it anyway. So no, I have not changed your premise in any way.

    Quote Originally Posted by Slippery Slope View Post
    But let's start with Taxes. The religion (the church) doesn't pay them even though it is the wealthiest business on the planet.
    All established legal religions in this country pay no property taxes. So this is not any kind of special Christian treatment.

    Quote Originally Posted by Slippery Slope View Post
    How about religious holidays?
    Here is a list of all National holidays...

    January 1, 2009 - New Year's Day

    January 19, 2009 - Martin Luther King, Jr.'s birthday (observed)

    February 16, 2009 - President's Day

    May 25, 2009 - Memorial Day (observed)

    June 14, 2009 - Flag Day

    July 4, 2009 - Independence Day

    September 7, 2009 - Labor Day

    October 12, 2009 - Columbus Day (United States)

    November 11, 2009 - Veteran's Day

    November 26, 2009 - Thanksgiving

    December 25, 2008 - Christmas | December 25, 2009


    Hmmm looks like those "holidays" don't exist according to the US government.

    Your premise for this one is ridicules at best.

    Quote Originally Posted by Slippery Slope View Post
    How about an office of faith based initiatives...
    You mean the initiative that gives Federal funding to all religious aid organizations? You mean the same government funds that go to secular aid organizations?

    Again not just for Christians here.

    Quote Originally Posted by Slippery Slope View Post
    I could go on but why, if you don't think that religion, as an organization, gets favoritism then you are either a xian who doesn't want to admit it or a hermit who as little to know interaction with the rest of the country... or just looking for an argument.
    So far you have proved little and said much of nothing. You are going to have to try much harder post more than a few biased and silly examples.

  6. #646
    Defender of the Faith
    ludahai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Taichung, Taiwan - 2017 East Asian Games Candidate City
    Last Seen
    07-03-13 @ 02:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    10,320

    Re: Atheists take aim at Christmas

    Quote Originally Posted by Kali View Post
    All humans are hypocrites. This is a fact of life.

    The Christian faith is indeed a rip off of others. Explain why most major Xtian Holidays are pagan based!

    The first Good V/S Bad Concept does stem from Zorasterism and that is all the Christian Faith consist of: good v/s bad.
    You make the claim, but you don't back it up.

    Most Christian holidays are NOT pagan based. Just because they happen at the same time of year, that doesn't mean that they are the basis for it. Heck, you could have a Christian holiday at ANY time of year, and make some fictitious pagan connection to it.

    Are you claiming that Zorasterism is older than Judaism? Even if so, the notion that good v. evil supposedly comes from Zorasterism, this now means that only that religion can legitimately hold to it? Are you so closed minded to think that God can't work through other cultures, and other faith systems to reveal His ultimate truths?
    Semper Paratus
    Boston = City of Champions: Bruins 2011; Celtics 2008; Red Sox 2004, 2007; Patriots 2002, 2004, 2005
    Jon Huntsman for President

  7. #647
    Defender of the Faith
    ludahai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Taichung, Taiwan - 2017 East Asian Games Candidate City
    Last Seen
    07-03-13 @ 02:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    10,320

    Re: Atheists take aim at Christmas

    Quote Originally Posted by Kali View Post
    Baby Jesus was not born in Dec. It is impossible. But most X-tians refuse to admit this.
    Unlikely, but not impossible. Frankly, we don't know when he was born. The date is NOT the point, the reason for the celebration is.
    Semper Paratus
    Boston = City of Champions: Bruins 2011; Celtics 2008; Red Sox 2004, 2007; Patriots 2002, 2004, 2005
    Jon Huntsman for President

  8. #648
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Atheists take aim at Christmas

    Quote Originally Posted by Slippery Slope View Post
    I disagree.


    Again, I disagree.


    Recognizing and giving reverence to the past doesn't make the government theistic.


    I strongly disagree.
    Ok, well, I disagree with your disagreement, so there

  9. #649
    Defender of the Faith
    ludahai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Taichung, Taiwan - 2017 East Asian Games Candidate City
    Last Seen
    07-03-13 @ 02:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    10,320

    Re: Atheists take aim at Christmas

    Quote Originally Posted by Kali View Post
    What about the Pagan festival of the son of Isis? That is where Christmas comes from!! What about Yule? Also where do you think the idea of the Xmas tree came from?

    Think about when you go to church: all you do is perform Pagan rituals. Even the simple act of a prayer is pagan based because you are doing a ritual!
    I don't know what Isis is. What is the connection?

    CHristmas tree didn't enter into the Christmas celebration until well more than 1000 years after the selection of the December 25th date.

    Many Catholic rituals have Jewish antecedents.
    Semper Paratus
    Boston = City of Champions: Bruins 2011; Celtics 2008; Red Sox 2004, 2007; Patriots 2002, 2004, 2005
    Jon Huntsman for President

  10. #650
    Defender of the Faith
    ludahai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Taichung, Taiwan - 2017 East Asian Games Candidate City
    Last Seen
    07-03-13 @ 02:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    10,320

    Re: Atheists take aim at Christmas

    Quote Originally Posted by Kali View Post
    Easter is based on fertility goddess Ishtar!
    It is based on the Jewish holiday of Passover.
    Semper Paratus
    Boston = City of Champions: Bruins 2011; Celtics 2008; Red Sox 2004, 2007; Patriots 2002, 2004, 2005
    Jon Huntsman for President

Page 65 of 83 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •