Page 62 of 83 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast
Results 611 to 620 of 824

Thread: Atheists take aim at Christmas

  1. #611
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Atheists take aim at Christmas

    Quote Originally Posted by dclxvinoise View Post
    Well, that must be how it is interpreted by some people because it comes up as an issue constantly. Now I know you'd like to think that your interpretation is the correct one, but these people believe theirs is just as strongly and they probably have just as many Jefferson quotes to back it up as you do. What I'm saying is that it's obviously open to interpretation otherwise it wouldn't come up as an issue time and time again.

    They are credible and verifiable to you simply because you are also a Conservative. Would you be promoting a similar book that was written by a Liberal political commentator? I'd wager that you wouldn't even read a book like that in the first place.
    It's credible and verifiable because the sources are universally trusted can be independently checked for accuracy.

    Your continued assertions of bias interpretation are still without merit.

  2. #612
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Atheists take aim at Christmas

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    It's credible and verifiable because the sources are universally trusted can be independently checked for accuracy.

    Your continued assertions of bias interpretation are still without merit.
    And yours that there is no bias are without merit too considering that you are also a Conservative.

    There's a difference here between what you are saying and what I'm saying. I'm saying that both sides are full of **** and are only trying to serve their own agendas. You are essentially saying that one side is full of **** and trying to serve their own agenda and that your side isn't. I think it's arrogant of you or anyone to try and interpret the original meaning that our founding fathers intended and state that your interpretation is fact and that everyone else is wrong.

  3. #613
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Atheists take aim at Christmas

    Quote Originally Posted by dclxvinoise View Post
    And yours that there is no bias are without merit too considering that you are also a Conservative.
    This sentence makes no sense.

    Quote Originally Posted by dclxvinoise View Post
    There's a difference here between what you are saying and what I'm saying. I'm saying that both sides are full of **** and are only trying to serve their own agendas. You are essentially saying that one side is full of **** and trying to serve their own agenda and that your side isn't. I think it's arrogant of you or anyone to try and interpret the original meaning that our founding fathers intended and state that your interpretation is fact and that everyone else is wrong.
    Uh ohh...starting in with the personal insults...your argument is cracking up...oh wait, you haven't really made an argument....at least I took a position and gave sources...but anyway: You seem to be hung up on this notion that the object of concern is vague and subject to interpretation. The act was clear, it's words exact...congress recognized religion and this did not violate the 1st amendment. There's nothing to interpret.

    Now if you truly have a counter argument I suggest you show how my source is wrong.

  4. #614
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Atheists take aim at Christmas

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    This sentence makes no sense.

    Uh ohh...starting in with the personal insults...your argument is cracking up...oh wait, you haven't really made an argument....at least I took a position and gave sources...but anyway: You seem to be hung up on this notion that the object of concern is vague and subject to interpretation. The act was clear, it's words exact...congress recognized religion and this did not violate the 1st amendment. There's nothing to interpret.

    Now if you truly have a counter argument I suggest you show how my source is wrong.
    Well, it's pointless having a discussion with you then because regardless you are going to think your source is credible because he's got a Conservative lean. So there's really nothing further to discuss.

  5. #615
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Atheists take aim at Christmas

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Now if you truly have a counter argument I suggest you show how my source is wrong.
    Didn't the SCOTUS rule that the 10 commandments display in front of a State's supreme court had to be taken down?
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  6. #616
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Atheists take aim at Christmas

    Quote Originally Posted by dclxvinoise View Post
    Well, it's pointless having a discussion with you then because regardless you are going to think your source is credible because he's got a Conservative lean. So there's really nothing further to discuss.
    The Library of Congress is not conservative

    w/e

  7. #617
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Atheists take aim at Christmas

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    The Library of Congress is not conservative

    w/e
    Your source isn't the Library of Congress. It's a Conservative political commentator. Nice try, though.

  8. #618
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Atheists take aim at Christmas

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Didn't the SCOTUS rule that the 10 commandments display in front of a State's supreme court had to be taken down?
    The Founding Fathers were in SCOTUS?

  9. #619
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Atheists take aim at Christmas

    Quote Originally Posted by dclxvinoise View Post
    Your source isn't the Library of Congress. It's a Conservative political commentator. Nice try, though.
    At no point did anyone claim that the act was passed by a political commentator.

    His argument is true because we can verify his sources. You claimed that those sources, being the Library of Congress, were conservative biased.

    Nice try though
    Last edited by Jerry; 12-16-08 at 04:36 PM.

  10. #620
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Atheists take aim at Christmas

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    At no point did anyone claim that the act was passed by a political commentator.

    Nice try though
    I never said that the act was passed by a political commentator. I'm saying that your original post was about a book written by a political commentator. That's the source I'm referring to. If the source of proof is truly the Library of Congress then why not cut out the middle man? Why do we need a Conservative political commentator to tell us what their original intentions were if it's all there in black and white?

Page 62 of 83 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •