Page 60 of 83 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast
Results 591 to 600 of 824

Thread: Atheists take aim at Christmas

  1. #591
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,396

    Re: Atheists take aim at Christmas

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    My bad I get it now. I guess that makes me Medium Brow.



    Medium-well....
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  2. #592
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Atheists take aim at Christmas

    Quote Originally Posted by EgoffTib View Post
    I've seen this happen on one occassion in my life... that' it. If you get to them before they have the intellectual capacity to understand the ramifications of belief in God, they tend to accept what they're told as fact.
    I've seen it happen loads of times. But what exactly are the ramifications of a belief in God? Why should they be avoided?
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  3. #593
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Atheists take aim at Christmas

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    Medium-well....
    But I've never been to Germany
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  4. #594
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: Atheists take aim at Christmas

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    I've seen it happen loads of times. But what exactly are the ramifications of a belief in God? Why should they be avoided?
    That was poorly worded(on my part). What I was trying to say is that you can get to a kid and tell him that Unicorns exist. You can even prove it with the Bible:

    NUMBERS 24:8

    God brought him forth out of Egypt; he hath as it were the strength of an unicorn: he shall eat up the nations his enemies, and shall break their bones, and pierce them through with his arrows.
    I have an issue with people manipulating the minds of those who have not matured enough to understand things.
    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

  5. #595
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,396

    Re: Atheists take aim at Christmas

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    So my libertarian friend, You want to get all up in my business on how I am going to raise my kid?


    You the one who believes in meeting "sentient beings" from "other dimensions"....


    Is this your argument space cowboy?



    Any response?
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  6. #596
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: Atheists take aim at Christmas

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    So my libertarian friend, You want to get all up in my business on how I am going to raise my kid?
    I didn't say that you were gong to raise your kid in a poor manner. I said that some people manipulate the feeble minds of children and plant hostility into them. See godhatesfags.com




    You the one who believes in meeting "sentient beings" from "other dimensions"....
    Incorrect. I said that some DMT users believe they are encountering beings from other dimensions. I am not a DMT user, so I would not fall into that category.
    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

  7. #597
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,396

    Re: Atheists take aim at Christmas

    Quote Originally Posted by EgoffTib View Post
    I didn't say that you were gong to raise your kid in a poor manner. I said that some people manipulate the feeble minds of children and plant hostility into them. See godhatesfags.com


    What makes you think these people are anything "Of God"? If this ain't a photoshop (i suspect it is) do you think nutbaggery is limited to goofball cults or do you think some atheists can be just as nutty?



    Incorrect. I said that some DMT users believe they are encountering beings from other dimensions. I am not a DMT user, so I would not fall into that category.

    Incorrect:


    Quote Originally Posted by ego
    Most people trip off of DMT and encounter sentient beings from another universe.

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/religi...ay-beyond.html
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  8. #598
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Atheists take aim at Christmas

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    The government doesn't.

    The people do.

    The government reflect the wishes of the people.

    It's very important to understand that distinction.
    So then why do we have freedom of religion? I'm sure there are a fair amount of people who don't think that we should have it and that we should have one nationally recognized religion: theirs.

    No, it doesn't, as demonstrated.

    This nation was not founded as nor intended to be a secular nation.

    People seem to be of the opinion that it's either secular or theocracy. Fyi: there are more options the 2 most radical extremes in any issue.

    The government is secular in that it may not form a federal religion nor give any church municipal power. However, the government is theist in it's recognition of the cultural vestiges of the people on it's buildings, currency and pledges.

    There's nothing harmful about it.
    The fact is that it can be debated back and forth what the founding fathers intended. But until either one of us can get an actual interview or response from one of the founding fathers as to what their original intentions are we aren't going to know. My only point is that the answers aren't going to come from a conservative political commentator or a liberal one for that matter.

  9. #599
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,499

    Re: Atheists take aim at Christmas

    Quote Originally Posted by EgoffTib View Post
    I have an issue with people manipulating the minds of those who have not matured enough to understand things.
    And I have a problem with people trying to tell me how to raise my children. You are a libertarian? Who should teach them my values if not me? The state?

  10. #600
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: Atheists take aim at Christmas

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    What makes you think these people are anything "Of God"? If this ain't a photoshop (i suspect it is) do you think nutbaggery is limited to goofball cults or do you think some atheists can be just as nutty?
    It's not fake. Hit up GodHatesFags.com. It's an actual church.

    As to atheists being nutty, some are. I dislike ANYONE who manipulates children and brainwashes them, regardless of religious affiliation.



    Well I should have inserted "claim" into that sentence.
    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

Page 60 of 83 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •