Page 33 of 83 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast
Results 321 to 330 of 824

Thread: Atheists take aim at Christmas

  1. #321
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,305

    Re: Atheists take aim at Christmas

    I'm sure thenextera will be able to disprove all this. You just wait.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  2. #322
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Atheists take aim at Christmas

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    I'm sure thenextera will be able to disprove all this. You just wait.
    Not at all, if you consider those fighting words than anyone saying homosexuality is a sin should also be considered fighting words and immediately arrested for inciting a riot correct?

    Take your pick.

    Also I have stated Christianity is a fairy tale, therefore I have insulted a religion. According to you those are fighting words, go ahead and try to have me arrested, thus proving your point wrong.
    Last edited by TheNextEra; 12-14-08 at 10:44 AM.

  3. #323
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    12-12-17 @ 12:12 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,194

    Re: Atheists take aim at Christmas

    Why won't Christmas die?
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  4. #324
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Atheists take aim at Christmas

    Quote Originally Posted by independent_thinker2002 View Post
    Why won't Christmas die?
    Bulletproof tinsel.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  5. #325
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    12-12-17 @ 12:12 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,194

    Re: Atheists take aim at Christmas

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    Bulletproof tinsel.
    Them elves are damn crafty!
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  6. #326
    Sage
    Dezaad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Last Seen
    06-28-15 @ 10:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    5,058
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Atheists take aim at Christmas

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Just show the professor my post and this thread. If he does not acquiesce, tell him to join DP and I will ban him as retaliation for his insolent and totally absurd behavior.
    The 10% was probably where he couldn't show that he could grasp the nuance between contrived outrage resulting in 'riots' and legitimate outrage resulting in same.

    They don't just hand out 100% in college, usually. Generally it takes a good amount of ability for subtle thought.

  7. #327
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:55 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,940

    Re: Atheists take aim at Christmas

    The most single dumbest debate is creation. "It" happened, get over it.
    It's nothing more than X's and O's.

  8. #328
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Atheists take aim at Christmas

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Just show the professor my post and this thread. If he does not acquiesce, tell him to join DP and I will ban him as retaliation for his insolent and totally absurd behavior.
    Actually, I graduated already, but I'm glad this one came up because I've been meaning to go have a convo with that professor for a while, he was a great person to debate with and hell of a nice guy.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  9. #329
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,711

    Re: Atheists take aim at Christmas

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Not at all, if you consider those fighting words than anyone saying homosexuality is a sin should also be considered fighting words and immediately arrested for inciting a riot correct?

    Take your pick.

    Also I have stated Christianity is a fairy tale, therefore I have insulted a religion. According to you those are fighting words, go ahead and try to have me arrested, thus proving your point wrong.
    Tell you what, though. Saying Christianity is a fairy tale could be considered baiting, here at DP. So watch yourself.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  10. #330
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Atheists take aim at Christmas

    [QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Not at all, if you consider those fighting words than anyone saying homosexuality is a sin should also be considered fighting words and immediately arrested for inciting a riot correct?
    If a fight insues because of the message then yes, the person who said it may be charged with issuance of fighting words, it also breaks down to time, place, and manner. If the time is during a gay celebration, the place is the celebration, and the manner is construed as violent, hateful, or inciteful then the chances the speech will be protected are less than if a straight man joked with his gay friend on the street corner.

    Take your pick.
    Don't have to, the standard is already there.

    Also I have stated Christianity is a fairy tale, therefore I have insulted a religion. According to you those are fighting words, go ahead and try to have me arrested, thus proving your point wrong.
    Time, Place, Manner. If I told the police officer that you attacking my religion in front of my church or congregation, or it's celebratory symbols was offending me and you were about to get hurt, you could well be escorted away or jailed.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

Page 33 of 83 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •