Page 32 of 83 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282 ... LastLast
Results 311 to 320 of 824

Thread: Atheists take aim at Christmas

  1. #311
    Defender of the Faith
    ludahai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Taichung, Taiwan - 2017 East Asian Games Candidate City
    Last Seen
    07-03-13 @ 02:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    10,320

    Re: Atheists take aim at Christmas

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post

    Get over it, it's not illegal. Christianity sucks and is a fairy tale, now are you going to arrest me?
    Bring out the Inquisition!!!
    Semper Paratus
    Boston = City of Champions: Bruins 2011; Celtics 2008; Red Sox 2004, 2007; Patriots 2002, 2004, 2005
    Jon Huntsman for President

  2. #312
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Atheists take aim at Christmas

    [QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Can you show us where the riot is over this?
    If a riot or even fight ensues then it is the responsibility of those who put forth the insult, therefore not protected speech. It is a fairly simple concept.



    Get over it, it's not illegal. Christianity sucks and is a fairy tale, now are you going to arrest me?
    Ok, so let me try your tact. Athiests are arrogant uninformed bigots, get over it. Calling Christianity a fairy tale pretty much makes the point that some athiests are bigots, prove that Christianity is a fairy tale by using scientific law, go 'head, try it, otherwise, get over it.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  3. #313
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Atheists take aim at Christmas

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    If a riot or even fight ensues then it is the responsibility of those who put forth the insult, therefore not protected speech. It is a fairly simple concept.
    There are fights that ensure over football between a couple of people, last I checked that isn't inciting a riot,

    Fights are different than riots. You fail.

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    Ok, so let me try your tact. Athiests are arrogant uninformed bigots, get over it. Calling Christianity a fairy tale pretty much makes the point that some athiests are bigots, prove that Christianity is a fairy tale by using scientific law, go 'head, try it, otherwise, get over it.
    The difference is I believe it is your right to say what you want and to express it legally just as these atheists did.

    I don't aprove of their methods, but I approve of their right to do so.

    Again, you fail.

    Try again when you have a clue about freedom of speech and what it means.

  4. #314
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Atheists take aim at Christmas

    [QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    There are fights that ensure over football between a couple of people, last I checked that isn't inciting a riot,

    Fights are different than riots. You fail.
    Nice try, but fighting words are ALSO illegal, as I mentioned. Inciting a riot could be a charge if a riot breaks out because of the sign. Educate yourself before you declare a fail.



    The difference is I believe it is your right to say what you want and to express it legally just as these atheists did.
    I didn't say the sign was illegal, I said it was in bad taste and "potentially" illegal if it incites a riot of induces a fight. Once again, simple concept, do try to keep up.

    I don't aprove of their methods, but I approve of their right to do so.
    Fine, but don't declare the right absolute, since the methods could induce destructive behaviors.

    Again, you fail.
    And again, you do not understand enough of the right to declare such, which is in itself, a fail.

    Try again when you have a clue about freedom of speech and what it means.
    Okay, I mean I only studied Law and Ethics and politics as part of my broadcasting degree, but whatever you say professor.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  5. #315
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Atheists take aim at Christmas

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    Nice try, but fighting words are ALSO illegal, as I mentioned.
    Prove the laws that says this, because there are soo many fights that occur during sports seasons that are not considered riots. You fail.

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    I didn't say the sign was illegal, I said it was in bad taste and "potentially" illegal if it incites a riot of induces a fight. Once again, simple concept, do try to keep up.
    Try to keep up they aren't illegal. Deal with it.

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    Fine, but don't declare the right absolute, since the methods could induce destructive behaviors.
    Actually they don't and you will have to show me where such a "sign" from an atheist has incited a riot which is illegal. Until you do so, deal with it.

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    Okay, I mean I only studied Law and Ethics and politics as part of my broadcasting degree, but whatever you say professor.
    Then you must have received a failing grade to say the nonsense you have. Try a real college.

  6. #316
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Atheists take aim at Christmas

    [QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Prove the laws that says this, because there are soo many fights that occur during sports seasons that are not considered riots. You fail.
    1942 Chaplinksi v. New Hampshire SCOTUS, Incitement Doctrine(currently practiced by the court)-Actual incitement likely to produce immediate lawless conduct(Brandenburg v. Ohio). Do your own homework, I aced that test.



    Try to keep up they aren't illegal. Deal with it.
    Do you understand the difference between illegal and potentially illegal?



    Actually they don't and you will have to show me where such a "sign" from an atheist has incited a riot which is illegal. Until you do so, deal with it.
    Fine, when a christian mob gets tired of things like this and riots, you get to deal with it, and the group that put the sign up gets to deal with the charges, but you aren't even trying to debate honestly, and it shows.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  7. #317
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Atheists take aim at Christmas

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Then you must have received a failing grade to say the nonsense you have. Try a real college.
    Last time I checked a 90/100 is a pretty damn good grade.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  8. #318
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,759

    Re: Atheists take aim at Christmas

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    1942 Chaplinksi v. New Hampshire SCOTUS, Incitement Doctrine(currently practiced by the court)-Actual incitement likely to produce immediate lawless conduct(Brandenburg v. Ohio). Do your own homework, I aced that test.
    Nailed it. I'm not sure if it was this thread or another, but I too presented the "fighting words docitrine". You are correct. Believing that there are zero limitations to the First Amendment is a fallacy.

    By the way, I'll give you a 100.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  9. #319
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Atheists take aim at Christmas

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Nailed it. I'm not sure if it was this thread or another, but I too presented the "fighting words docitrine". You are correct. Believing that there are zero limitations to the First Amendment is a fallacy.

    By the way, I'll give you a 100.
    You Da Man! I forgot which two got me, but it was a terrific class.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  10. #320
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,759

    Re: Atheists take aim at Christmas

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    You Da Man! I forgot which two got me, but it was a terrific class.
    Just show the professor my post and this thread. If he does not acquiesce, tell him to join DP and I will ban him as retaliation for his insolent and totally absurd behavior.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

Page 32 of 83 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •