Page 20 of 83 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 824

Thread: Atheists take aim at Christmas

  1. #191
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Atheists take aim at Christmas

    [QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by ludahai View Post
    Exactly. The Christmas Eve mass where I go to church always has as many non-Catholics as it does Catholics.
    I was always taught to do otherwise would be un-christian, and in itself a minor sin.
    They are always welcome to join us and celebrate with us.
    Also, from personal experience, I have found that those not of my denomination appreciate the extended hand of friendship, as long as it doesn't come with a lecture on conversion, but, I'm too busy to do the last part anyway.
    This is not EXCLUSIVE, but rather it is INCLUSIVE. I assume most mainstream Protestestant sects are the same.
    I think most of the christian faiths pretty much practice the same basic tenets, it's the ceremony and practice that differs, it's when the fanatics get involved that we all take the black eye.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  2. #192
    Dorset Patriot
    Wessexman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Sydney, Australia(but my heart is back in Dorset.)
    Last Seen
    10-17-17 @ 04:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    8,468

    Re: Atheists take aim at Christmas

    In England we like to take aim at athiests...

    "It is written in the eternal constitution that men of intemperate minds cannot be free. Their passions forge their fetters." - Edmund Burke

  3. #193
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: Atheists take aim at Christmas

    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    In England we like to take aim at athiests...

    In America, we keep the religious sheep in fences like the ones the dogs are jumping over.
    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

  4. #194
    Dorset Patriot
    Wessexman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Sydney, Australia(but my heart is back in Dorset.)
    Last Seen
    10-17-17 @ 04:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    8,468

    Re: Atheists take aim at Christmas

    Quote Originally Posted by EgoffTib View Post
    In America, we keep the religious sheep in fences like the ones the dogs are jumping over.
    "It is written in the eternal constitution that men of intemperate minds cannot be free. Their passions forge their fetters." - Edmund Burke

  5. #195
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: Atheists take aim at Christmas

    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    In America, we would call my post a "Joke".
    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

  6. #196
    Dorset Patriot
    Wessexman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Sydney, Australia(but my heart is back in Dorset.)
    Last Seen
    10-17-17 @ 04:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    8,468

    Re: Atheists take aim at Christmas

    Quote Originally Posted by EgoffTib View Post
    In America, we would call my post a "Joke".
    Posts is a plural....
    Last edited by Wessexman; 12-08-08 at 10:21 PM.
    "It is written in the eternal constitution that men of intemperate minds cannot be free. Their passions forge their fetters." - Edmund Burke

  7. #197
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: Atheists take aim at Christmas

    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    Posts is a plural....
    I'm assuming this was your attempt at a "joke"?
    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

  8. #198
    Dorset Patriot
    Wessexman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Sydney, Australia(but my heart is back in Dorset.)
    Last Seen
    10-17-17 @ 04:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    8,468

    Re: Atheists take aim at Christmas

    Quote Originally Posted by EgoffTib View Post
    I'm assuming this was your attempt at a "joke"?
    In Socialist Europe the joke posts you.

    "It is written in the eternal constitution that men of intemperate minds cannot be free. Their passions forge their fetters." - Edmund Burke

  9. #199
    Sage
    Gibberish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Last Seen
    12-23-12 @ 09:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    6,339

    Re: Atheists take aim at Christmas

    Quote Originally Posted by ludahai View Post
    Nine months after the Annunciation
    The problem is you have provided no evidence to suggest when the Annunciation took place.



    Quote Originally Posted by ludahai View Post
    Then you are not very good at reading posts in full context.
    Your posts couldn't be interpreted in any other manner unless the context is that you were being sarcastic. Were you being sarcastic in saying Jesus was born on December 25?
    "Gold gets dug out of the ground in Africa, or someplace. Then we melt it down, dig another hole, bury it again and pay people to stand around guarding it. It has no utility. Anyone watching from Mars would be scratching their head."
    - Warren Buffett

  10. #200
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Atheists take aim at Christmas

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    How many muslim neighbors do you have, and how close do they live?
    Well I consider myself having 8 neighbors (in a square and with whom I talk with constantly of course I consider our neighborhood bigger than that who I have constant contact with and with 2 of them being Jewish who get along with the Muslim neighbor quite well), 1 of them Muslim and one of them that I eat dinner with each week with them being Muslim.

    So what's your point again?

Page 20 of 83 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •