Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 65

Thread: Experts warn Barack Obama of 'hornet's nest' in Middle East

  1. #51
    Enemy Combatant
    Kandahar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Last Seen
    10-15-13 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    20,688

    Re: Experts warn Barack Obama of 'hornet's nest' in Middle East

    Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post
    Pamela Taylor (left) leading Muslims in prayer in Toronto

    Laury Silvers giveing a sermon to a group of men and women in Cambridge for Eid.

    Nakia Jackson leading a mixed-gender group in prayer for Eid

    Raheel Raza gives a sermon and leads Friday prayers for a group that includes men and women in Toronto
    And what do all of them have in common?
    Are you coming to bed?
    I can't. This is important.
    What?
    Someone is WRONG on the internet! -XKCD

  2. #52
    Sage
    Laila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    04-28-17 @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,095

    Re: Experts warn Barack Obama of 'hornet's nest' in Middle East

    Quote Originally Posted by Kandahar View Post
    And what do all of them have in common?
    They are actually Muslim ?


    Would you like me to draw up women outside of the West?

    Mouchidat - Morocco's female Muslim clerics - Telegraph
    Last edited by Laila; 12-06-08 at 06:41 AM.


  3. #53
    Dorset Patriot
    Wessexman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Sydney, Australia(but my heart is back in Dorset.)
    Last Seen
    10-17-17 @ 04:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    8,468

    Re: Experts warn Barack Obama of 'hornet's nest' in Middle East

    I'm always surprised people think that the Muslims rank and file populations in the ME are powerfully anti-Isaeli. If they were to any significant degree Israel would not be there.
    "It is written in the eternal constitution that men of intemperate minds cannot be free. Their passions forge their fetters." - Edmund Burke

  4. #54
    Sage
    Laila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    04-28-17 @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,095

    Re: Experts warn Barack Obama of 'hornet's nest' in Middle East

    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    I'm always surprised people think that the Muslims rank and file populations in the ME are powerfully anti-Isaeli. If they were to any significant degree Israel would not be there.
    Its an over exagerration on the media's part.

    Besides, prior to Israel being there. Jews and Muslims lived alongside one another peacefully in Muslim countries.
    Indeed, whilst Christians and Europeans were killing and opressing the Jews. It was they who fled and found protection within Muslim communities - This stems back hundreds of years to even Prophet Mohammed's era.

    To say Muslims hate Jews because of the Qu'ran is ridiclous, if that was the case. Why did Muslims not attempt to eradicate all the Jews living in their countries for hundreds of years? Not like Muslims haven't had the opportunity nor the lack of power seeing Jews were a minority. They were rejected in Europe so they came to ME, Muslims could have killed them but didn't. They followed the same Qu'ran that can be seen now so clearly the Qu'ran didn't inspire any beheadings :/
    Last edited by Laila; 12-06-08 at 07:33 AM.


  5. #55
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Last Seen
    01-12-09 @ 07:40 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    441

    Re: Experts warn Barack Obama of 'hornet's nest' in Middle East

    Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post
    Its an over exagerration on the media's part.

    Besides, prior to Israel being there. Jews and Muslims lived alongside one another peacefully in Muslim countries.
    Only if the Jews submitted to the status of half slave dhimma, but when they didn't Mohammed and his followers would slaughter their men to the last for example by either beheading them or torturing them to death by lighting fires on their stomachs, and then they would take their wives and children as concubines and slaves as is the fate the befell all of the Jewish Banu tribes of the Arabian penninsula under Islamic rule.

  6. #56
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Last Seen
    01-12-09 @ 07:40 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    441

    Re: Experts warn Barack Obama of 'hornet's nest' in Middle East

    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    I'm always surprised people think that the Muslims rank and file populations in the ME are powerfully anti-Isaeli. If they were to any significant degree Israel would not be there.
    lol the Arabs have been trying to destroy Israel for more than 50 years, it is not because of any wish not to destroy Israel on the part of the Arabs, it is because of their inability to achieve the goal which they seek.

  7. #57
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Last Seen
    01-12-09 @ 07:40 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    441

    Re: Experts warn Barack Obama of 'hornet's nest' in Middle East

    Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post
    Nah, go face them and get their respect.
    Do not leave Islam, Go US, Insult Islam and my Prophets and expect Muslims to give a **** about what you say.
    Its insulting to say the least.
    Insulting Islam and your prophet by writing say a literary masterpiece?


    I haven't heard of any Gays being hanged recentley in Turkey or Jordan for example.
    No in Jordan they just have article 340 which protects those who honor kill homosexuals which is a regular occurrence there, but ya Turkey in their bid to join the EU has been forced to modernize their stance on homosexuality.


    I condemn them when they kill civilians, I do not when they fund hospitals and schools and give aid to families.
    So you end your condemnation of Kahane when they fund hospitals and schools and give aid to families? Ya that's kind of like saying "but the Nazi party did some good stuff too".


    Please, As if other Athiests haven't been threatened when insulting Islam.
    Face it, she is nothing special. She is a disgrace, she didn't really think Muslims would be "cool" with her calling Islam evil right?
    Pity her education didn't teach her to be more subtle
    The only reason she hates Islam is because of what happened to her as a child - No need to blame Islam because you ran away from a forced marriage.

    How is she meant to help Africans or Somalis with Circumcision? She ensured that her words would make her hated. How clever !

    REAL Moderate Muslim females who should be admired by all Muslims.
    Female Imams



    Raheel Raza leads Canada's first mixed-gender Friday prayers outdoors in Toronto



    Nakia Jackson leads prayers in Cambridge in celebration of Eid al-Fitr
    Once again it is you not I who brought up Hirsi Ali, but regardless nothing she has done can justify her being under the threat of death, and the fact that you condemn her so vicously when not a harsh word for her would be killers is mentioned by you is very telling in deed. Oh and fyi Asra Nomani whom I mentioned as a moderate Muslim was one of the leading forces to stage the event in which a female Iman would lead prayer for the first time in history, Asra Nomani (who I mentioned and who you said you didn't care what she thought) was the head of the Woman Muslims Freedom Tour.

  8. #58
    Dorset Patriot
    Wessexman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Sydney, Australia(but my heart is back in Dorset.)
    Last Seen
    10-17-17 @ 04:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    8,468

    Re: Experts warn Barack Obama of 'hornet's nest' in Middle East

    Quote Originally Posted by jin1776 View Post
    lol the Arabs have been trying to destroy Israel for more than 50 years, it is not because of any wish not to destroy Israel on the part of the Arabs, it is because of their inability to achieve the goal which they seek.
    That is what the Sassanids and Romans thoguht...

    The leaders have been trying to destroy, the people don't particularly care. If they did it would not be there.
    "It is written in the eternal constitution that men of intemperate minds cannot be free. Their passions forge their fetters." - Edmund Burke

  9. #59
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Whitewater, CO
    Last Seen
    04-05-16 @ 06:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    8,260
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Experts warn Barack Obama of 'hornet's nest' in Middle East

    Quote Originally Posted by Kandahar View Post
    Absolutely right. Sadly, at this point I think we may be too late for diplomacy to work. I'm not saying that we should go to war with Iran, but I don't hold out too much hope for Iran abandoning its nuclear program at this point.

    In all likelihood, I think we're just going to have to learn to live with Iranian nukes.
    No.... we're going to give Iran permission to ****-slap Iran. Iran's nuclear sites WILL be decimated. If and when Iran retaliates, Iran will be decimated.

  10. #60
    Enemy Combatant
    Kandahar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Last Seen
    10-15-13 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    20,688

    Re: Experts warn Barack Obama of 'hornet's nest' in Middle East

    Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    No.... we're going to give Iran permission to ****-slap Iran. Iran's nuclear sites WILL be decimated. If and when Iran retaliates, Iran will be decimated.
    Expecting some kind of deus ex machina from Israel is simply not realistic. Israel simply does not have the capability of destroying all of Iranian's nuclear sites. For that matter, neither does the United States aside from a full-scale invasion and occupation.
    Are you coming to bed?
    I can't. This is important.
    What?
    Someone is WRONG on the internet! -XKCD

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •