Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 126

Thread: Chavez seeks indefinite re-election, again

  1. #101
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Whitewater, CO
    Last Seen
    04-05-16 @ 06:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    8,260
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Chavez seeks indefinite re-election, again

    Quote Originally Posted by Red_Dave View Post
    Read this very slowly. IM
    NOT
    SAYING
    DICTATORS
    ARE
    GOOD

    I know dictators are bad. *That is my point*. By replacing someone a country *did vote for*, with someone they did not vote for. You are implementing a dictorship.

    You have said that Chavez should be removed [by force if i got your gist]. By definition, you are saying the person the venuzuleans want to be president should not be president. This enivitably means you are saying that someone they do not want to be president, should be president. By definition you are argueing in favor of totalitarianism.

    As regards the vote stuffing. Ild like to see some evidence of this. None of the many international observers sent in to monitor the elections have seen any evidence of this. On the contrary the elections have been described in glowing terms.

    Also whom do you expect Chavez to align himself with?
    I expect Chavez will align himself with the enemies of his enemies. Just as Japan did with Germany; just as Germany did with the Mufti.

    Tell me, Dave.

    If you could have stopped Hitler from coming to power in Germany, would have acted?

    Or would have given those who wanteed to act the same treatment you are giving me?

  2. #102
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Chavez seeks indefinite re-election, again

    Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    Just because blind liberal cowards are unable to see Iran for the threat it is doesn't mean it's not a threat.

    People like you are what lead to 9/11 and the attack in London.
    LOL, here you go again with the ridiculous insults. Do you always throw a mantrum when people don't agree with you?

    There is a difference between AQ a known threat that has attacked before and Chavez which has done NOTHING to warrant a threat.


    Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post

    I servered in the military. I saw many interesting things that civilians like yourself never get to see. I know what a threat is and I have the courage to deal with it.
    I served as well, retired Army, tell me what specific training you received in the military that gives you such insight to claim you KNOW FOR A FACT Chavez is a Hitler? I'm dying to hear this one and your explanation of the fact that our military leaders don't even agree with you that Chavez must be disposed of.

    Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    You clearly have no idea what a threat is and apparently you lack the courage to do what is necessary to preserve the free world.
    You have shown no factual proof other than your paranoid opinion.

    Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    Considering only a few liberals have said anything that supports your side ... I would say ... again ... you have no clue what you're talking about.
    Clearly the world, our government, and our military leaders do not agree with your so called "clairvoyant" opinion on kicking Chavez out so it is safe to say you are the one out in Left field without a clue.


    Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    Clearly, you are in favor of allowing a dictatorship be born.
    That is sad ... [/quote]

    Yeah because I don't agree with your paranoid assessment I must be in favor of dictators.


    Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    I am merely stating a threat as I see it ... per my military training. Nothing more.
    Again, what speicif military training did you recieve to claim you know for a fact Chavez is another Hitler? I'm curious about that one.

    Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    The key factor here is that I have had training ... you have not.
    I have had military training and there is nothing in that training that includes paranoid accusations without factual input. There is no proof of any kind that Chavez is the next Hitler.

    Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    I know a threat when I see it. You know what you retarded liberal media buddies broadcast.
    No, what you have is a delusional and paranoid fantasy.

  3. #103
    Guru
    ADK_Forever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Last Seen
    05-07-11 @ 09:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,706

    Re: Chavez seeks indefinite re-election, again

    Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    I expect Chavez will align himself with the enemies of his enemies. Just as Japan did with Germany; just as Germany did with the Mufti.

    Tell me, Dave.

    If you could have stopped Hitler from coming to power in Germany, would have acted?

    Or would have given those who wanteed to act the same treatment you are giving me?
    It would be kinda helpful to know what you're trying to say if you would proof read your posts before you hit the Submit button. There seems to be several key words missing from your post.
    Thank You Barack Obama for Restoring Honor To The Presidency.
    President Obama will rank as one of our greatest presidents!

  4. #104
    Old Soul

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    ND
    Last Seen
    10-18-13 @ 11:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,915

    Re: Chavez seeks indefinite re-election, again

    Quote Originally Posted by ADK_Forever View Post
    It would be kinda helpful to know what you're trying to say if you would proof read your posts before you hit the Submit button. There seems to be several key words missing from your post.
    "kinda" isn't a word.
    "proofread" is one word, not two.
    the button is "Submit Reply," not "Submit."

    there are so many mistakes in your post I could not begin to make out your intended meaning, let alone take you seriously as a human being.

  5. #105
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Whitewater, CO
    Last Seen
    04-05-16 @ 06:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    8,260
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Chavez seeks indefinite re-election, again

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    LOL, here you go again with the ridiculous insults. Do you always throw a mantrum when people don't agree with you?
    I wasn't specifically talking about anybody. You are free to take what you want from that statement.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    There is a difference between AQ a known threat that has attacked before and Chavez which has done NOTHING to warrant a threat.
    You can't actually be so blind as to believe that Chavez aligning himself with Iran is NOT a threat!

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    I served as well, retired Army, tell me what specific training you received in the military that gives you such insight to claim you KNOW FOR A FACT Chavez is a Hitler? I'm dying to hear this one and your explanation of the fact that our military leaders don't even agree with you that Chavez must be disposed of.
    1. Let me guess ... you were a tank mechanic or two legged infantry?

    2. I am barred under threat of imprisonment from revealing that type of information. (Cliche --- yes, I know)

    3. Consider this --- having a securty clearence and serving in an administrative capacity taught me many things. The 1st of which is never to trust a wanna-be despot from a 3rd world country.


    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    You have shown no factual proof other than your paranoid opinion.
    Sure I have. I pointed out that Chavez is behaving just hitler did before he siezed power and most of Europe.

    Chavez is seeking indefinate re-election .... DOES THIS NOT STRIKE YOU AS EVEN THE LEAST BIT ODD?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Clearly the world, our government, and our military leaders do not agree with your so called "clairvoyant" opinion on kicking Chavez out so it is safe to say you are the one out in Left field without a clue.
    Believe what you like. The fact is that it has been considered and it has been proposed. The jury is still out on it. So... clearly ... YOU are the one with NO CLUE.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Yeah because I don't agree with your paranoid assessment I must be in favor of dictators.
    No, you're just blind by choice. You don't want to prevent bloodshed you want to wait and chronical the disater after it happens.


    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Again, what speicif military training did you recieve to claim you know for a fact Chavez is another Hitler? I'm curious about that one.
    [/quote]

    To be honest, Chavez fits the profile. He's seeking unchecked power (like his friend the Ayetolietbowl). Chavez acts a like Hitler did in 1932, 1933, and 1934.

    Once released from prison, Hitler decided to seize power constitutionally rather than by force of arms. Using demagogic oratory, Hitler spoke to scores of mass audiences, calling for the German people to resist the yoke of Jews and Communists, and to create a new empire which would rule the world for 1,000 years.

    Can you now see the paralell here? Are begining to see the big picture?

    Chavez is trying to get his country to make his term indefinate.

    Chavez makes the speechs Hitler did the only difference is that they are anti-American and anti-freedom ... not anti-Jew.

    Hitler blamed the Jews for everything that was wrong with Germany.

    Chavez blames the US and its allies for everything that is wrong in the world.

    The similarities are absolutely frightning.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    I have had military training and there is nothing in that training that includes paranoid accusations without factual input. There is no proof of any kind that Chavez is the next Hitler.
    Again, you can insult me all you want. I am not paranoid (I do really wish it was that simple) I am looking at history and I am profiling Chavez accordingly.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    No, what you have is a delusional and paranoid fantasy.
    No, what I have is a working profile of man who wants to be a dictator. What you have is a lack of grasp on reality.

    I sincerely hope you wake up before its too late.
    Last edited by Vader; 12-16-08 at 11:53 PM.

  6. #106
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Chavez seeks indefinite re-election, again

    Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    You can't actually be so blind as to believe that Chavez aligning himself with Iran is NOT a threat!
    Sorry no, he isn't a threat to the point of removing him from office. Yes, I will agree an eye needs to be kept on him and that I support.

    Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    1. Let me guess ... you were a tank mechanic or two legged infantry?

    2. I am barred under threat of imprisonment from revealing that type of information. (Cliche --- yes, I know)

    3. Consider this --- having a securty clearence and serving in an administrative capacity taught me many things. The 1st of which is never to trust a wanna-be despot from a 3rd world country.
    Oh please quit trying to act like your hot ****. I held a TS/SCI clearance for my military service. That doesn't make you an automatic expert and I need to remind you again, that our military leaders do not agree with removing Chavez from power now and they hold clearances as well.

    Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    Sure I have. I pointed out that Chavez is behaving just hitler did before he siezed power and most of Europe.

    Chavez is seeking indefinate re-election .... DOES THIS NOT STRIKE YOU AS EVEN THE LEAST BIT ODD?
    Strike me as odd? Yes. Saying that he is the next Hitler? Sorry, there is nothing to support such a claim. If he used the mil;itary to gain permanent power, then I would agree he is a threat.

    But right now he is asking the people to VOTE for it. If they don't then he won't be permanently in office.

    Again, you are prematurely making a comparison to Hitler which is incorrect.

    Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    Believe what you like. The fact is that it has been considered and it has been proposed. The jury is still out on it. So... clearly ... YOU are the one with NO CLUE.
    No, it has not been proposed, it has been planned for. Just like we have military plans for many many other contingencies of other countries.

    Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    No, you're just blind by choice. You don't want to prevent bloodshed you want to wait and chronical the disater after it happens.
    No, I want to see what happens. Chavez is not even permanently in power and you are already wanting the guy removed.

    An intelligent analyst would wait at least until the referendum has passed. You are jumping the gun by far.

    Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    To be honest, Chavez fits the profile. He's seeking unchecked power (like his friend the Ayetolietbowl). Chavez acts a like Hitler did in 1932, 1933, and 1934.
    It is YOUR OPIONION that he is like Hitler

    Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    Hitler blamed the Jews for everything that was wrong with Germany.

    Chavez blames the US and its allies for everything that is wrong in the world.

    The similarities are absolutely frightning.
    There are lots of countries that blame the U.S., it doesn't mean their leaders are like Hitler.

    Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    Again, you can insult me all you want. I am not paranoid (I do really wish it was that simple) I am looking at history and I am profiling Chavez accordingly.
    Insult you? You have been insulting me consistently in your posts.

    He is not even permanently in office yet and you are wanting to remove him, that is jumping the gun PERIOD.

    Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    No, what is a working profile of man who wants to be a dictator. What you have is a lack of a good grasp on reality.

    I sincerely hope you wake up before its too late.
    You are simply wrong on this and jumping the gun way to soon to make the concussions you are trying to make.

  7. #107
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Whitewater, CO
    Last Seen
    04-05-16 @ 06:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    8,260
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Chavez seeks indefinite re-election, again

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Sorry no, he isn't a threat to the point of removing him from office. Yes, I will agree an eye needs to be kept on him and that I support.
    Ok. Good. I can live with that.


    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Oh please quit trying to act like your hot ****. I held a TS/SCI clearance for my military service. That doesn't make you an automatic expert and I need to remind you again, that our military leaders do not agree with removing Chavez from power now and they hold clearances as well.
    I never claimed to be an expert. I merely presented a partial profile and dared to compare a ruthless murderous dictator to a wanna-be dictator.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Strike me as odd? Yes. Saying that he is the next Hitler? Sorry, there is nothing to support such a claim. If he used the mil;itary to gain permanent power, then I would agree he is a threat.
    I do not agree. The fact that he allied himself with Iran is a serious threat. The fact that he is following the same pre-holocaust steps that Adolf Hitler followed is an indication of his intent.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    But right now he is asking the people to VOTE for it. If they don't then he won't be permanently in office.
    Hitler did the same thing. Then he eliminated the old guard and siezed total control of Germany. However, your point is noted. Hopefully, the people down their deny him yet again.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Again, you are prematurely making a comparison to Hitler which is incorrect.
    Wrong. I created a very basic profile using Adolf Hitler as a template. Chavez fits this profile fairly well. I admit there are some slight differences but in its most basic form the profile fits.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    No, it has not been proposed, it has been planned for. Just like we have military plans for many many other contingencies of other countries.
    Are you contridicting what you said earlier? Yes, it has been proposed, and yes, it has been planned for. People far wiser than you and I made the connecting are standing by to do what I suggested IF AND WHEN it becomes necessary.

    I happen to think it is... you don't agree... that is ok. This is America.

    I think he's a fly in need of swatting.

    You would rather wait and see. I can respect that. It just so happens that I am one of those people who does not like surprises and I do not like the unknown. (A side effect of boot camp)

    I believe that if a problem exists it should be corrected and promptly dismissed.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    No, I want to see what happens. Chavez is not even permanently in power and you are already wanting the guy removed.
    Ok. I see your point. Maybe a little more caution is in order. I suppose I just dislike risking lives to wait and see.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    An intelligent analyst would wait at least until the referendum has passed. You are jumping the gun by far.
    Sometimes planning ahead saves lives. Sometimes ... lives are lost no matter how well planned an op is.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    It is YOUR OPIONION that he is like Hitler
    Actually, he fits the profile I created based on Hitler. I admit there are some minor differences; however, he does FIT THE PROFILE.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    There are lots of countries that blame the U.S., it doesn't mean their leaders are like Hitler.
    Yeah, that is true; however, the leaders of those countries are not seeking an indefinate term in office. Chavez is.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Insult you? You have been insulting me consistently in your posts.
    You are correct. I apologize for that. I tend to go overboard when I become passionate about a subject.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    He is not even permanently in office yet and you are wanting to remove him, that is jumping the gun PERIOD.
    Again, the fact that he proposed such an idea is alarming. It's part of the reason he fits the profile.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    You are simply wrong on this and jumping the gun way to soon to make the concussions you are trying to make.
    Wrong --- possibly but probably not. I created a profile based on Hitler and Chavez fit that profile. While there are some differences between them, in the most basic sense, Chavez fits the profile.
    Last edited by Vader; 12-17-08 at 12:16 AM.

  8. #108
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Chavez seeks indefinite re-election, again

    Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    I merely presented a partial profile and dared to compare a ruthless murderous dictator to a wanna-be dictator.
    The problem is your profile consists of only two things:

    #1. You think Chavez is wanting to seize complete power by having term limits removed.

    #2. Chavez blames the U.S. for most of the worlds problems.

    This is by far a very incomplete profile to be making the assumption that he is the next Hitler. That profile fits Kim Chong Il of North Korea as well. Is he the next Hitler as well? No. That profile could also match many Middle Eastern countries, but they are not the next Hitler either. They are different threats.

    I can see how Chavez MAY become a threat with unlimited terms, but I am not about to make the conclusion he is the next Hitler over it.

    He could become a threat, just like many leaders in the world COULD become threats, but right now he isn't. And I seriously doubt he will be the threat of the likes that Hitler was.

    Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    Are you contridicting what you said earlier? Yes, it has been proposed, and yes, it has been planned for. People far wiser than you and I made the connecting are standing by to do what I suggested IF AND WHEN it becomes necessary.
    No, I am not contradicting myself, but I will explain further. The U.S. has contingency plans for many things from if Canada tries to invade us to aliens landing.

    This doesn't mean that it is a plan that will be put into action anytime soon. The U.S. does not have any immediate intentions to implement a policy of removing Chavez. That was what my point was.

    Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    You would rather wait and see. I can respect that. It just so happens that I am one of those people who does not like surprises and I do not like the unknown. (A side effect of boot camp)
    I would rather see other events unfold first before coming to the conclusion that he needs to be forcefully removed from office, yes.

    I think many people would agree with me there that his actions right now do not warrant a removal from office by force.

    Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    I believe that if a problem exists it should be corrected and promptly dismissed.
    That just it though, it doesn't exist right now. Not to the point of removing him. I will always agree to keeping an eye on him and others. That is what we do.

    Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    Wrong --- possibly but probably not. I created a profile based on Hitler and Chavez fit that profile. While there are some differences between them, in the most basic sense, Chavez fits the profile.
    Again though I have to point out your profile is too basic to be making that conclusion. There are many many countries that fit that two line profile, but I don't think they are the next Hitlers.

    A watchful eye on Chavez is what is needed now IMO. I would also like to see what oversight is done on such a vote if it were to come about as well before jumping to conclusions.

    It's just too soon to be making the conclusion he is the next Hitler. Too many variables and too basic of a profile. And that's not to say your profile is bad or anything. It does fit a profile that we keep an eye on him and to that end I agree.
    Last edited by TheNextEra; 12-17-08 at 12:45 AM.

  9. #109
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Whitewater, CO
    Last Seen
    04-05-16 @ 06:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    8,260
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Chavez seeks indefinite re-election, again

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    The problem is your profile consists of only two things:

    #1. You think Chavez is wanting to seize complete power by having term limits removed.

    #2. Chavez blames the U.S. for most of the worlds problems.

    This is by far a very incomplete profile to be making the assumption that he is the next Hitler. That profile fits Kim Chong Il of North Korea as well. Is he the next Hitler as well? No. That profile could also match many Middle Eastern countries, but they are not the next Hitler either. They are different threats.

    I can see how Chavez MAY become a threat with unlimited terms, but I am not about to make the conclusion he is the next Hitler over it.

    He could become a threat, just like many leaders in the world COULD become threats, but right now he isn't. And I seriously doubt he will be the threat of the likes that Hitler was.
    Basic? Yeah ... a little.; Hitler was a solider and a then he spend time in prison (where he wrote Mein Kompf).

    Chavez --- There isn't sufficient data in regard to Chavez to make a comparasion.


    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    No, I am not contradicting myself, but I will explain further. The U.S. has contingency plans for many things from if Canada tries to invade us to aliens landing.

    This doesn't mean that it is a plan that will be put into action anytime soon. The U.S. does not have any immediate intentions to implement a policy of removing Chavez. That was what my point was.
    Yes, this I know. I have heard of the existence of such plans; however, most of them are classified under the "You do not need to know" policy.


    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    I would rather see other events unfold first before coming to the conclusion that he needs to be forcefully removed from office, yes.

    I think many people would agree with me there that his actions right now do not warrant a removal from office by force.
    The fact that he is allied with Iran and is currently conducting military maneuvers with the Russian Navy is a huge issue which must be delt with.

    What if the Russian navy is carrying missiles to be set up in Venezuela? Do we want someone in power who would allow such a thing? (Yes, I know this is Putinazi's reaction to the missle shield in Poland)

    I think the guy is a lunati and a disaster waiting to happen.

    Your point is noted. It has some merit; however, if we do not act now we may not have the chance to do so again in the future.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    That just it though, it doesn't exist right now. Not to the point of removing him. I will always agree to keeping an eye on him and others. That is what we do.
    I see your point. He does need to be watched. I just think he needs to know that if he causes a threat he WILL get delt with. I do not like waiting but I am willing to settle for squeezing his balls until he sings saprano.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Again though I have to point out your profile is too basic to be making that conclusion. There are many many countries that fit that two line profile, but I don't think they are the next Hitlers.
    Point noted. Yes, I know there are others who fit (Aminijackoff is one of them).

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    A watchful eye on Chavez is what is needed now IMO. I would also like to see what oversight is done on such a vote if it were to come about as well before jumping to conclusions.
    I am passionate about my views; however, I am not afraid to admit I may be incorrect.

    I prefer direct action; waiting scares me. Of course, he may not be given the opportunity. Maybe we will all get lucky.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    It's just too soon to be making the conclusion he is the next Hitler. Too many variables and too basic of a profile. And that's not to say your profile is bad or anything. It does fit a profile that we keep an eye on him and to that end I agree.
    Fair enough. You're right by the way... my profile is rather basic.

    I have enjoyed having this deabte with you. I apologize if I came on like a mad man. I tend to have that effect when I get passionate.

  10. #110
    Libertarian socialist

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Staffs, England
    Last Seen
    12-01-17 @ 11:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    6,730

    Caution Re: Chavez seeks indefinite re-election, again

    Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    I expect Chavez will align himself with the enemies of his enemies. Just as Japan did with Germany; just as Germany did with the Mufti.

    Tell me, Dave.

    If you could have stopped Hitler from coming to power in Germany, would have acted?

    Or would have given those who wanteed to act the same treatment you are giving me?
    Well Hitler is a different kettle of fish because it was obvious he was going to be trouble due to his expanisionist idealogy. I think we should have taken him and Mussolini on when they were bombing Madrid during the Spannish Civil War but we didnt because they were killing socialists, so that was ok. The idealogy of Chavez is more a reaction to american intervention [which has undeniably been very damaging to Latin America] then one that seeks to control other countrys. Anyway you still havent explained how you plan to remove him without imposing a dictatorship.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •