Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 69

Thread: Freedom House calls for investigation

  1. #51
    Defender of the Faith
    ludahai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Taichung, Taiwan - 2017 East Asian Games Candidate City
    Last Seen
    07-03-13 @ 02:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    10,320

    Re: Freedom House calls for investigation

    Quote Originally Posted by jfuh View Post
    I knew this day would come, when you come in here defending your darling corrupt Abian - you're true colors are showing in just the kind of hyperpartisan you actually are.
    It really doesn't matter what Chiu says though, his statement was rubbish : To begin with.
    The only shameless behavior I see here is your attempt in defending this sack of **** corrupt political head.
    I'd love to see what you say about the hidden safe found in his house.
    I am defending his right to a fair trial. Please tell me what is wrong with that?

    On the other hand, your beloved KMT - the entire party - is little more than a pile of cow excrement.
    Last edited by ludahai; 12-07-08 at 07:45 PM.
    Semper Paratus
    Boston = City of Champions: Bruins 2011; Celtics 2008; Red Sox 2004, 2007; Patriots 2002, 2004, 2005
    Jon Huntsman for President

  2. #52
    Sage
    jfuh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Pacific Rim
    Last Seen
    01-20-12 @ 09:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    16,631

    Re: Freedom House calls for investigation

    Quote Originally Posted by ludahai View Post
    I am defending his right to a fair trial. Please tell me what is wrong with that?
    Right, of course you were, because we all know that a fair trial has so much to do with approval numbers

  3. #53
    Defender of the Faith
    ludahai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Taichung, Taiwan - 2017 East Asian Games Candidate City
    Last Seen
    07-03-13 @ 02:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    10,320

    Re: Freedom House calls for investigation

    Quote Originally Posted by jfuh View Post
    Right, of course you were, because we all know that a fair trial has so much to do with approval numbers
    Approval numbers driven down by years of lies from KMT liars like Chiu Yi and prosecutors playing trial by media. If the prosecutors were so confident that they had the evidence to convict Chen, why don't they seek an indictment? Why don't they let the judicial process play out? No, they are playing trial by media with Pan-Blue media outlets seeking to prejudice the response to any future verdict (if any) in Chen's alleged corruption cases.

    Absolutely shameless activity. The prosecutor's actions would have been condemned by a judge MONTHS ago in the US and Chen would either have been indicted or set free in any country that respects the human rights of citizens on its national territory.
    Semper Paratus
    Boston = City of Champions: Bruins 2011; Celtics 2008; Red Sox 2004, 2007; Patriots 2002, 2004, 2005
    Jon Huntsman for President

  4. #54
    Sage
    jfuh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Pacific Rim
    Last Seen
    01-20-12 @ 09:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    16,631

    Re: Freedom House calls for investigation

    Quote Originally Posted by ludahai View Post
    Approval numbers driven down by years of lies from KMT liars like Chiu Yi and prosecutors playing trial by media.
    Which again, have what to do with a fair trial?? Has any law pertaining to his rights or this case been violated?

    Quote Originally Posted by ludahai
    If the prosecutors were so confident that they had the evidence to convict Chen, why don't they seek an indictment? Why don't they let the judicial process play out? No, they are playing trial by media with Pan-Blue media outlets seeking to prejudice the response to any future verdict (if any) in Chen's alleged corruption cases.
    Are any singleone of the legislatures interferring with the investigation in any way whatsoever? Yes, abian is still in custodey because of the judicial process.
    Abian's approval was not driven down by lies, it's why he's in prison now.
    But don't worry, that court call - it's coming this week Have fun with it.

    Quote Originally Posted by ludahai
    Absolutely shameless activity. The prosecutor's actions would have been condemned by a judge MONTHS ago in the US and Chen would either have been indicted or set free in any country that respects the human rights of citizens on its national territory.
    Oh cry me a river, I can't believe you're here making apologetic for this sack of **** - were this anyone in the pan blue you'd be barking your little head off regardless of evidence or not.
    I've asked you before show me anywhere that the prosecutor has violated procedure or violated any rights of abian? None, none of his rights have been violated, everything pertaining to the case and his confinement have been in complete accordance with the law.
    It's quite telling of your hyperpartisan here, when you're apologetically screaming rights of this sack of **** - toss the book at him and lock him up till there's no tomorrow.
    You have absolutely 0 credibility
    Last edited by jfuh; 12-08-08 at 08:07 PM.

  5. #55
    Defender of the Faith
    ludahai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Taichung, Taiwan - 2017 East Asian Games Candidate City
    Last Seen
    07-03-13 @ 02:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    10,320

    Re: Freedom House calls for investigation

    Quote Originally Posted by jfuh View Post
    Which again, have what to do with a fair trial?? Has any law pertaining to his rights or this case been violated?
    No law has been violated, which only goes to show that the KMT laws in Taiwan are NOT passed with protecting civil and human rights in mind. A government that respects human and civil rights would not hold one of its citizens in prison on its national territory without charge for more than a month. Legal - yes. Equally an indication of the disdain for which the KMT holds civil rights and the rights of the accused.

    Are any singleone of the legislatures interferring with the investigation in any way whatsoever? Yes, abian is still in custodey because of the judicial process.
    We don't know. We DO know he is in jail without charge. Did this happen in the Chen administration?

    Abian's approval was not driven down by lies, it's why he's in prison now.
    But don't worry, that court call - it's coming this week Have fun with it.
    Actually, a lot of the approval drop WAS driven by lies and drivel from the KMT. Regardless of it being unroven allegations of corruption (some of the accusations are now known to be FALSE) to the lies about the poor economic performance of the country.

    Oh cry me a river, I can't believe you're here making apologetic for this sack of **** - were this anyone in the pan blue you'd be barking your little head off regardless of evidence or not.
    No, I am consistent. I believe in innocent until proven guilty. I did NOT argue for the imprisonment of Ma while HE was under indictment and at trial. There are FIVE KMT legislators who have had their elections annulled by the courts - and all five are still holding their seats. Now, MOFA is covering up a document that indicates that two more legislators have dual citizenship, and thus are illegally holding their seats.

    I've asked you before show me anywhere that the prosecutor has violated procedure or violated any rights of abian? None, none of his rights have been violated, everything pertaining to the case and his confinement have been in complete accordance with the law.
    Laws written by the KMT and which do not meet international standards for human and civil rights.

    It's quite telling of your hyperpartisan here, when you're apologetically screaming rights of this sack of **** - toss the book at him and lock him up till there's no tomorrow.
    You have absolutely 0 credibility
    I have said before that if he is found guilty in a fair trial that he SHOULD be locked up. I am merely arguing for his rights as a citizen of Taiwan. I am arguing for basic human rights. Ma's statemets that Taiwan is the freest country in the world is comical considering the recent actions of his government.

    YOU are the one with ZERO credidility. You are the partisan hack here. I am merely arguing for the protection of his civil rights. I would do the same for a member of the KMT (and in fact, I have)
    Semper Paratus
    Boston = City of Champions: Bruins 2011; Celtics 2008; Red Sox 2004, 2007; Patriots 2002, 2004, 2005
    Jon Huntsman for President

  6. #56
    Sage
    jfuh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Pacific Rim
    Last Seen
    01-20-12 @ 09:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    16,631

    Re: Freedom House calls for investigation

    Quote Originally Posted by ludahai View Post
    No law has been violated, which only goes to show that the KMT laws in Taiwan are NOT passed with protecting civil and human rights in mind. A government that respects human and civil rights would not hold one of its citizens in prison on its national territory without charge for more than a month. Legal - yes. Equally an indication of the disdain for which the KMT holds civil rights and the rights of the accused.
    KMT Laws? Remind me again but which party exactly was in power for 8 years from 2000~2008?

    Quote Originally Posted by ludahai
    We don't know. We DO know he is in jail without charge. Did this happen in the Chen administration?
    Was lee investigated for corruption?

    Quote Originally Posted by ludahai
    Actually, a lot of the approval drop WAS driven by lies and drivel from the KMT. Regardless of it being unroven allegations of corruption (some of the accusations are now known to be FALSE) to the lies about the poor economic performance of the country.
    Lies are not why he is in jail

    Quote Originally Posted by ludahai
    No, I am consistent. I believe in innocent until proven guilty. I did NOT argue for the imprisonment of Ma while HE was under indictment and at trial. There are FIVE KMT legislators who have had their elections annulled by the courts - and all five are still holding their seats. Now, MOFA is covering up a document that indicates that two more legislators have dual citizenship, and thus are illegally holding their seats.
    No you didn't, you argued that he was guilty and consistently held that he was dirty of such.
    MOFA huh?
    Funny how all your outrage is directed only against KMT, abian is there corrupt like no other and you're not even speaking out the least against that sack of ****?

    Quote Originally Posted by ludahai
    Laws written by the KMT and which do not meet international standards for human and civil rights.
    Why didn't the DPP change it then between 2000 and 2004. Why didn't your father of Taiwan democracy Lee change it?

    Quote Originally Posted by ludahai
    I have said before that if he is found guilty in a fair trial that he SHOULD be locked up. I am merely arguing for his rights as a citizen of Taiwan. I am arguing for basic human rights. Ma's statemets that Taiwan is the freest country in the world is comical considering the recent actions of his government.
    What has his administration done that is so anti human rights? You're simply feigning outrage.

    Quote Originally Posted by ludahai
    YOU are the one with ZERO credidility. You are the partisan hack here. I am merely arguing for the protection of his civil rights. I would do the same for a member of the KMT (and in fact, I have)
    sure you have.

  7. #57
    Defender of the Faith
    ludahai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Taichung, Taiwan - 2017 East Asian Games Candidate City
    Last Seen
    07-03-13 @ 02:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    10,320

    Re: Freedom House calls for investigation

    Quote Originally Posted by jfuh View Post
    KMT Laws? Remind me again but which party exactly was in power for 8 years from 2000~2008?
    Care to remind me who controlled the Legislative Yuan during those years?

    Was lee investigated for corruption?
    Relevance?

    Lies are not why he is in jail
    He was in jail due to officials in the Executive Yuan not respecting basic civil rights of the accused.

    No you didn't, you argued that he was guilty and consistently held that he was dirty of such.
    I believed him to be guilty, and still do believe him to be guilty of other alleged crimes, but UNLIKE you I still believe in the notion of "innocent until proven guilty." Something deep blues like you seem to think doesn't exist.

    MOFA huh?
    Are you going to keep playing dumb? You ARE good at it.

    Funny how all your outrage is directed only against KMT, abian is there corrupt like no other and you're not even speaking out the least against that sack of ****?
    If he is guilty, he belongs in jail. I have said that on numerous occasions. However, I do believe in the judicial process. He has NOT been given the civil rights that would be expected in a modern democracy.

    Why didn't the DPP change it then between 2000 and 2004. Why didn't your father of Taiwan democracy Lee change it?
    Who controlled the Legislative Yuan?

    What has his administration done that is so anti human rights? You're simply feigning outrage.
    Please explain why numerous international human rights organizations have been critical of the Ma government?

    Gotta love how the day after Huam Rights Day, Ma has the Taipei police FORCIBLY remove the students from Liberty Square.
    Semper Paratus
    Boston = City of Champions: Bruins 2011; Celtics 2008; Red Sox 2004, 2007; Patriots 2002, 2004, 2005
    Jon Huntsman for President

  8. #58
    Sage
    jfuh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Pacific Rim
    Last Seen
    01-20-12 @ 09:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    16,631

    Re: Freedom House calls for investigation

    Quote Originally Posted by ludahai View Post
    Care to remind me who controlled the Legislative Yuan during those years?
    By all means, who controlled between 2000 and 2004, and between 2004 and 2008 what was the margin of "majority"?

    Quote Originally Posted by ludahai
    Relevance?
    You can't ask a question that has no precedent. He may have he may not have.
    All that is known is the fact that nothing about his being held in prison was unlawful - it was all proceedural.

    Quote Originally Posted by ludahai
    He was in jail due to officials in the Executive Yuan not respecting basic civil rights of the accused.
    You just admitted that it was all proceedural and lawful and now you're accusing the executive of not respecting basic civil rights - you can't have a violation of rights when throughout the entirety of his holding everything was lawful.
    Perhaps next you're going to be exclaiming that if he's to be held in prison that it's a denial of human rights?
    Go cry a river - the kind of filth that sack of **** is abian doesn't deserve any rights - shoot him on the spot.

    Quote Originally Posted by ludahai
    I believed him to be guilty, and still do believe him to be guilty of other alleged crimes, but UNLIKE you I still believe in the notion of "innocent until proven guilty." Something deep blues like you seem to think doesn't exist.
    Despite that the court ruling of there being no substance to the presecution? hyperpartisan at it's best.

    Quote Originally Posted by ludahai
    Are you going to keep playing dumb? You ARE good at it.
    Just enjoy watching you implode.

    Quote Originally Posted by ludahai
    If he is guilty, he belongs in jail. I have said that on numerous occasions. However, I do believe in the judicial process. He has NOT been given the civil rights that would be expected in a modern democracy.
    You believe in the judicial process and yet when that judicial ruling disagrees with you as in the case with Ma - rigged.
    Abian held in custody on authority of a court judge because he would tamper with evidence if released - you do know that such practice is followed in the US and even Europe right?
    It was not the executive that held Abian, it was the court.

    Quote Originally Posted by ludahai
    Who controlled the Legislative Yuan?
    DPP in majority 2000-2004.

    Quote Originally Posted by ludahai
    Please explain why numerous international human rights organizations have been critical of the Ma government?
    Critical? Define critical, calling for investigations is not what I'd call critical.

    Quote Originally Posted by ludahai
    Gotta love how the day after Huam Rights Day, Ma has the Taipei police FORCIBLY remove the students from Liberty Square.
    To protest you must get approval for your route and intents, they did not file for the protest and hence removed.
    BTW, was there an international observance of Human rights day?
    I'll start believing your diatribe when you advocate gay marriage.

  9. #59
    Defender of the Faith
    ludahai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Taichung, Taiwan - 2017 East Asian Games Candidate City
    Last Seen
    07-03-13 @ 02:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    10,320

    Re: Freedom House calls for investigation

    Quote Originally Posted by jfuh View Post
    By all means, who controlled between 2000 and 2004, and between 2004 and 2008 what was the margin of "majority"?
    The KMT-PFP alliance had a majority in the Legislative Yuan the entire time. At no time did the DPP and its allies control the Legislative Yuan. The 2001 Legislative Elections sent 115 members of the blue alliance compared to 100 greens. 115 constitued a majority.

    You can't ask a question that has no precedent. He may have he may not have.
    Actually, former President Lee is now under investigation by prosecutors.

    All that is known is the fact that nothing about his being held in prison was unlawful - it was all proceedural.
    Just because it was lawful and procedural, it doesn't mean it respects basic civil rights.

    You just admitted that it was all proceedural and lawful and now you're accusing the executive of not respecting basic civil rights - you can't have a violation of rights when throughout the entirety of his holding everything was lawful.
    A law that doesn't respect basic civil rights is the problem here, NOT that it was followed.

    Perhaps next you're going to be exclaiming that if he's to be held in prison that it's a denial of human rights?
    If he is held for five weeks incommunicado WITHOUTCHARGE, Yes, that IS a denial of human rights.

    Go cry a river - the kind of filth that sack of **** is abian doesn't deserve any rights - shoot him on the spot.
    Typical blue attitude. The BLUE sacks of crap don't deserve any rights. Dump them all on Green Island, without a ferry off the island.

    Despite that the court ruling of there being no substance to the presecution? hyperpartisan at it's best.
    And your comment above wasn't hyperpartisan?

    Just enjoy watching you implode.
    Oh you who continues to display nothing but hate and lack of respect for civil rights talking about someone else imploding. You apparently have no idea what MOFA is up to right now.

    You believe in the judicial process and yet when that judicial ruling disagrees with you as in the case with Ma - rigged.
    I am not arguing that he should be thrown in jail without a guilty verdict. You want to take away all of Chen's rights prior to a trial even being conducted.

    Abian held in custody on authority of a court judge because he would tamper with evidence if released - you do know that such practice is followed in the US and even Europe right?
    With charges, yes. However, he was held without charge.

    It was not the executive that held Abian, it was the court.
    It was the executive who called for his detention.

    DPP in majority 2000-2004.
    That is a baldfaced lie. See the numbers above.

    To protest you must get approval for your route and intents, they did not file for the protest and hence removed.
    BTW, was there an international observance of Human rights day?
    I'll start believing your diatribe when you advocate gay marriage.
    Ma even SPOKE on human rights day about how Taiwan has the best freedom for protestors. The day after, they were removed. As for the law, that is another KMT law that is a violation of the constititional right to protest. Funny thing is, even the KMT says the law should be changed and it has been discussed in the Legislative Yuan. Yet, the KMT removed PEACEFUL PROTESTORS. Just because something is legal doesn't mean it is respectful of human and civil rights.
    Semper Paratus
    Boston = City of Champions: Bruins 2011; Celtics 2008; Red Sox 2004, 2007; Patriots 2002, 2004, 2005
    Jon Huntsman for President

  10. #60
    Sage
    jfuh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Pacific Rim
    Last Seen
    01-20-12 @ 09:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    16,631

    Re: Freedom House calls for investigation

    Quote Originally Posted by ludahai View Post
    The KMT-PFP alliance had a majority in the Legislative Yuan the entire time. At no time did the DPP and its allies control the Legislative Yuan. The 2001 Legislative Elections sent 115 members of the blue alliance compared to 100 greens. 115 constitued a majority.
    There you go moving the goal post. You claimed the KMT - and of course we know how the PFP has always been on the same side as the KMT don't we?

    Quote Originally Posted by ludahai
    Actually, former President Lee is now under investigation by prosecutors.
    He ought be, he's another corrupt politician just not as blatently obvious to everyone as abian is.

    Quote Originally Posted by ludahai
    Just because it was lawful and procedural, it doesn't mean it respects basic civil rights.
    What rights were violated? He would be an interference with the investigation and likly to tamper with evidence, as such, proceedurly - which multiple nations have the same form of laws, he was jailed without bail.

    Quote Originally Posted by ludahai
    A law that doesn't respect basic civil rights is the problem here, NOT that it was followed.
    Whatever, you're only bitching and whining about this because it was a DPP, I saw you cheering and joyous when Ma was indicted and tried nothing about "fair trial" or any other such bull****.

    Quote Originally Posted by ludahai
    If he is held for five weeks incommunicado WITHOUTCHARGE, Yes, that IS a denial of human rights.
    His communicado was the tampering with evidence part.

    Quote Originally Posted by ludahai
    Typical blue attitude. The BLUE sacks of crap don't deserve any rights. Dump them all on Green Island, without a ferry off the island.
    Sorry but I don't care much for the rights of corrupt politicians, regardless of their affiliations, they can all be shat on and die from it for all I care - want to see a poll around Taiwan as to how many people think that abian is a corrupt sack of ****? I'll give you a hint, it's far above 60%

    Quote Originally Posted by ludahai
    And your comment above wasn't hyperpartisan?
    No, it's towards any corrupt politician - you support corruption?

    Quote Originally Posted by ludahai
    Oh you who continues to display nothing but hate and lack of respect for civil rights talking about someone else imploding. You apparently have no idea what MOFA is up to right now.
    I reserve nothing but disgust towards corrupt political heads. Keep drinking green koolaid kiddo.

    Quote Originally Posted by ludahai
    I am not arguing that he should be thrown in jail without a guilty verdict. You want to take away all of Chen's rights prior to a trial even being conducted.
    I'm sorry but wasn't Chen just released from jail because also of the laws?

    Quote Originally Posted by ludahai
    With charges, yes. However, he was held without charge.
    What don't you understand? It's the fracking law; abian should've thought about law before he broke it - his whole family ought to have thought about law before they broke it.
    You break the law and you're bitching about having right to freedom being denied? Cry me a river, next you're going to tell me that all prisoners ought be freed.

    Quote Originally Posted by ludahai
    It was the executive who called for his detention.
    Why so vague? are you claiming that it was Ma who called for his detention? Is that your claim?
    Please, get your head out of your arse and open your eyes and for once think for yourself rather than just drinking from Tsai's koolaid - abian is a sack of **** corrupt politician.

    Quote Originally Posted by ludahai
    That is a baldfaced lie. See the numbers above.
    Which single party had the majority? Go on, tell us exact numbers lu, how many did the KMT have and how many did the DPP have.

    Quote Originally Posted by ludahai
    Ma even SPOKE on human rights day about how Taiwan has the best freedom for protestors. The day after, they were removed. As for the law, that is another KMT law that is a violation of the constititional right to protest. Funny thing is, even the KMT says the law should be changed and it has been discussed in the Legislative Yuan. Yet, the KMT removed PEACEFUL PROTESTORS. Just because something is legal doesn't mean it is respectful of human and civil rights.
    Removed? How were they removed? Have people's right to congregate and protest been suspended? You are such a partisan hack job that completely mis-represents the truth.
    Why were they removed lu, tell us all on what grounds did the police remove these protestors?

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •