Page 55 of 69 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast
Results 541 to 550 of 690

Thread: Ban on gay marriage in CA still unclear

  1. #541
    Sage
    jfuh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Pacific Rim
    Last Seen
    01-20-12 @ 09:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    16,631

    Re: Ban on gay marriage in CA still unclear

    Quote Originally Posted by Bonnie1988 View Post
    "Homophobe" is a junk insult word that is grossly and inaccurately used. However, I suppose moderators also allow calling other members here "homophobes", while calling a member a "sexist" is violating the rules. Overall, that grotesque variation is only an example of my objections to "gay rights."

    My view is rather simple to understand.

    Women have had the right to vote, right to own property and right to equal pay (legally but not actually in some states) for over 5 decades less than black men. Women are paid less then men. Men dominate every aspect of governmental and economic institutions.

    Women have been 100% excluded from the executive branch of government for 200+ years and as we again saw in this election if a woman does run the male dominated media and political leadership (this time the Democratic male leadership) engage in rabid sexist smears and personal attacks.

    Gay men are less than 1% of the male adult population. Women are 50+% percent. Gay men have never been denied the right to vote, never denied the right to own property and have incomes higher than the national average.

    Yet the media fixates, rages endless, for gay rights and it is the new "political correct agenda" of the left wing - the same left wing that smeared Hillary and absurdly and bitterly smeared and still smears Sarah.

    I'm not gay. While there are lesbian women, constitutional, representative and economic equality for all women including lesbian women is far greater an cause than constitutional protection of selective sexuality preference. Who most sneers and spouts the most foul insults of women's equality issues are so-called liberals and Democrats - who at the same time whine for "gay rights."

    It a sense it would be as if the gay rights movement declared they are not for equality for all gays, only blue eyed, blonde gays. Selective, trendy equality for a tiny niche group while ongoingly denying constitutional, institutional and social equality to over half our citizens is bizarre and sickening to me.

    I find this all intensely offensive, grossly out of balance and outright exactly wrong priorities.

    Why would I support some small fringe movement for equality on a narrow range issue of sexuality when overall general equality is denied over half the US population - of which I am one of?

    My response to the gay rights movement is simple: "NO! You can't cut in front of women's equality - go stand at the end of the line behind 160,000,000 women!"
    There are such homosexuals called lesbians.

  2. #542
    User
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    07-05-10 @ 04:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    91

    Re: Ban on gay marriage in CA still unclear

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    We are talking about in this forum in this thread......

    I am no homophone or bigot as are not the people that have a difference of opinion with you.......
    That's fine. It wasn't made clear to me. Don't imply that I am calling you a homophobe or bigot because I've done neither.

  3. #543
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    12-22-08 @ 01:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    947

    Re: Ban on gay marriage in CA still unclear

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    LOL gay men are not the only ones trying to get married so are lesbians, you know the WOMEN you so call care about?

    Bonnie, get over your feminist nazi syndrome please. It gets tiring to hear you cry sexism in almost every thread you post in.


    There, you again made my point. I cite facts:
    There is no constitutional protection against gender discrimination.
    There is gender discrimination in all salary studies.
    There is gender discrimination in looking at every branch of government.
    For over 200 years there has been no women in the executive branch of government.
    The media is dominated by men and always has been.
    Corporate management is dominated by men.
    Of those Obama has so far suggested for cabinet positions, they are overwhelmingly men.
    Women are 50+% of the population.

    Any of those you claim are false? Any you care to try to justify?

    But you, identifying yourself as a "liberal," call me a "feminist nazi" because I see this as a vastly greater civil rights issue than "gay marriage."

    This, again, is why it is clear that if there is ever going to be a female President, she will have to be a Republican. To liberals, even liberal women, women's equality is limited to "women's issues such as abortion." Although women are the majority of the population, YOU defined women as a fringe group politically restricted to one side of a small set of social issues. How SMALL you want to reduce women to. I TOTALLY disagree.

    STILL, NOT ONE PERSON HAS DEFINED "MEN'S ISSUES," while liberals and Democrats quickly spout off the limited "women's issues" and then go on to dictate what side of those few issues a woman must take.

    The restrictions on women are yours, not mine, making you having the "feminist nazi syndrome."

    What I write is the reason I do not support gay rights. I support women's rights first.

  4. #544
    Sage
    jfuh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Pacific Rim
    Last Seen
    01-20-12 @ 09:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    16,631

    Re: Ban on gay marriage in CA still unclear

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    We are talking about in this forum in this thread......

    I am no homophone or bigot as are not the people that have a difference of opinion with you.......
    You most certainly are not a homophone, as for homophobe.
    Great, give but one rational reason against gay marriage.

  5. #545
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Ban on gay marriage in CA still unclear

    Quote Originally Posted by jfuh View Post
    You most certainly are not a homophone, as for homophobe.
    Great, give but one rational reason against gay marriage.
    Your not a rookie here.......I have explained my reasons a dozen times and you know it and they have nothing to do with homophobia.........
    Last edited by Navy Pride; 11-11-08 at 10:48 PM.
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  6. #546
    Sage
    jfuh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Pacific Rim
    Last Seen
    01-20-12 @ 09:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    16,631

    Re: Ban on gay marriage in CA still unclear

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Your not a rookie here.......I have explained my reasons a dozen times and you know it and they have nothing to do with homophobia.........
    Nor are you a rookie, you know as well as anyone on this site, if you're going to make a point, you'd better be ready to support it.
    Everything you've written "about a dozen times" is exactly under the lines of homophobia, so don't be surprised if you are called a homophobe.
    I'm more than open if you can rationalize your support of inequality towards gays. So again, without the rhetoric, please rationalize your argument against gay marriage.
    Last edited by jfuh; 11-11-08 at 11:17 PM.

  7. #547
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    12-22-08 @ 01:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    947

    Re: Ban on gay marriage in CA still unclear

    Quote Originally Posted by jfuh View Post
    Nor are you NP, you know as well as anyone on this site, if you're going to make a point, you'd better be ready to support it.
    So support it, I asked you a very simple question, please rationalize your argument against gay marriage.

    If a person believes gay sex is immoral or socially wrong that alone is rationalization. Personally, I don't see how a person can argue for gay marriage while supporting criminalization of polygamy between consenting adults.

    I've read theologians pointing out that only sex between men is prohibited in the Bible, there is no prohibition against lesbians. In the past I've read sociological materials suggesting that violence and criminality is higher than social averages for homosexual men, but that lesbian women have much lower levels of violence and criminality that social averages.

    I suppose if we can have gender discrimination against women in wages and representation in favor of men, why can't I support gender discrimination again men but be favor of equality for lesbians? There are far more lesbians than homosexual men. Estimates run as high as 10 times more.

    I've also read that gay marriages (marriage commitment made between them) rarely last long for which legalizing gay marriages really just might mean gobs of gay divorces and questions the fundamental legitimacy of "gay marriage" as opposed to "two gays cohabitation exclusively for a little while."

    The age line at which sex is illegal or permissible also is arbitrary and based upon moral or social sexual regulation judgments.


    THERE ARE NOW 55 PAGES ON THE TOPIC OF GAY RIGHTS JUST ON THIS THREAD, BUT EXACTLY ONE PERSON ON THIS BOARD INTERESTED IN EQUALITY FOR WOMEN.
    Last edited by Bonnie1988; 11-11-08 at 11:30 PM.

  8. #548
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Ban on gay marriage in CA still unclear

    Quote Originally Posted by jfuh View Post
    Nor are you a rookie, you know as well as anyone on this site, if you're going to make a point, you'd better be ready to support it.
    Everything you've written "about a dozen times" is exactly under the lines of homophobia, so don't be surprised if you are called a homophobe.
    I'm more than open if you can rationalize your support of inequality towards gays. So again, without the rhetoric, please rationalize your argument against gay marriage.
    I am not going to play your silly childish game.......You know my reasons.........If you were new here I might explain why I am against gay marriage for the umpteenth time but you have been here almost as long as I have so the point it moot........
    Last edited by Navy Pride; 11-11-08 at 11:32 PM.
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  9. #549
    Professor
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    11-26-08 @ 10:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    1,439

    Re: Ban on gay marriage in CA still unclear

    Quote Originally Posted by Bonnie1988 View Post
    If a person believes gay sex is immoral or socially wrong that alone is rationalization. Personally, I don't see how a person can argue for gay marriage while supporting criminalization of polygamy between consenting adults.
    OMG, I agree.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bonnie1988 View Post
    I've read theologians pointing out that only sex between men is prohibited in the Bible, there is no prohibition against lesbians.
    Yay!

    I mean, ya know, yay for lesbians...

    Quote Originally Posted by Bonnie1988 View Post
    THERE ARE NOW 55 PAGES ON THE TOPIC OF GAY RIGHTS JUST ON THIS THREAD, BUT EXACTLY ONE PERSON ON THIS BOARD INTERESTED IN EQUALITY FOR WOMEN.
    Actually, I think there are more than you think, it's just not the topic at hand. Though I think all of us sort of get that it is your topic no matter what anyone else wants to talk about. I do agree with you on a number of things, but I also agree with PETA on a number of things, but both of you would get more people to listen if you softened your tone. As it is you're probably actually doing women more harm than good.

  10. #550
    Advisor Unrein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Last Seen
    09-01-13 @ 02:34 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Communist
    Posts
    448

    Re: Ban on gay marriage in CA still unclear

    Quote Originally Posted by Bonnie1988 View Post
    [COLOR="DarkGreen"]
    If a person believes gay sex is immoral or socially wrong that alone is rationalization.
    I believe video games are immoral, is that a rational reason to ban video games? (I don't really believe that I was just making a rhetorical point)

    Well this begs a very obvious question: Why is homosexuality immoral?

    Also, does this rule apply to anything? If the majority believe espousing nazism is immoral should they be able sensor peoples right to assembly? (do I get bonus points for the irony?) If people believe rock music is immoral they should be able to ban rock music?

    I thought the conservative right supported small government and liberty?

    Personally, I don't see how a person can argue for gay marriage while supporting criminalization of polygamy between consenting adults.
    I don't so, next question.

    I've read theologians pointing out that only sex between men is prohibited in the Bible, there is no prohibition against lesbians.
    Point being?

    In the past I've read sociological materials suggesting that violence and criminality is higher than social averages for homosexual men, but that lesbian women have much lower levels of violence and criminality that social averages.
    Also higher in blacks than average, what's your point? Also, don't you think there could be a cultural confound explaining why that is?

    I suppose if we can have gender discrimination against women in wages and representation in favor of men, why can't I support gender discrimination again men but be favor of equality for lesbians?
    Because discrimination against men would not be the gender equality you so passionately support.

    I've also read that gay marriages (marriage commitment made between them) rarely last long for which legalizing gay marriages really just might mean gobs of gay divorces and questions the fundamental legitimacy of "gay marriage" as opposed to "two gays cohabitation exclusively for a little while."
    Are you joking me have you seen heterosexual marriage? Illigitamte gay marriages may last less time because they don't have as much paper work to file but I don't see how that can justify descrimination anyway.

    The age line at which sex is illegal or permissible also is arbitrary and based upon moral or social sexual regulation judgments.
    Because age is a quantity and it is difficult to determine on a line when a person is responsible enough to be able to consent which is why it has to be arbitrary. Gender is not similar to age laws in this regard.

    THERE ARE NOW 55 PAGES ON THE TOPIC OF GAY RIGHTS JUST ON THIS THREAD, BUT EXACTLY ONE PERSON ON THIS BOARD INTERESTED IN EQUALITY FOR WOMEN.
    Make a thread about womens rights and discuss them there, this is not a womens' rights thread, it's a gay marriage thread, so don't be so friggin suprised at how many pages of gay marriage discussion is located here.

Page 55 of 69 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •