Page 39 of 69 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast
Results 381 to 390 of 690

Thread: Ban on gay marriage in CA still unclear

  1. #381
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:06 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,601

    Re: Ban on gay marriage in CA still unclear

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    What happened was a last minute influx of deceitful ads that we funded by the Mormon church and other religious groups. Like the swift-boat lies, they were blatantly dishonest but were effective.
    The increase in the African-American vote -- a group overwhelmingly opposed to gay marriage -- pretty much corresponds to the margin of defeat. If you want to try be all simplistic about it, that there is just as plausible an explanation as your preferred anti-Mormon (some might call it religious bigotry) take on it.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  2. #382
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    12-22-08 @ 01:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    947

    Re: Ban on gay marriage in CA still unclear

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    There is no difference. Anyone who believes that any American is not entitled to the same rights/privileges as any other American is a bigot.

    I am certain the racists who fought against the civil rights laws didn't consider themselves bigots either. Afterall, they were on the right....god was on their side.

    Homophobia is simply the last bastion of bigotry in the United States and like the rest, it will fall as well.
    No the first and remaining bigotry in the United States is against women. Now gays are trying to cut to the front of the equality line ahead of women like everyone else does. Because the media, government and every institution is dominated by men, this is a-ok to everyone of them. It is not ok to me.

    Most sexists, particularly on the left, quickly reveal themselves to be such bigots.

  3. #383
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:06 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,601

    Re: Ban on gay marriage in CA still unclear

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    I'm ok with anyone having their personal views. This is America, they are entitled to it. I believe strongly in the Constitution and would stand up for their right to advocate their beliefs, no matter how much I disagree with them.

    However, that is their personal belief and everyone is entitled to their own.

    As long as you don't try to foist your beliefs and require others to live by your personal views. I'm fine with it.
    Ah. I suppose, then, you're against Obama on his planned wealth-spreading, too -- right? Someone wanting to keep what they earn is just the way they choose to live their lives, isn't it? And you're for cutting all the social spending and just have the government build roads, deliver mail, and defend the shores?
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  4. #384
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    12-22-08 @ 01:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    947

    Re: Ban on gay marriage in CA still unclear

    Quote Originally Posted by faminedynasty View Post
    No difference, as no one chooses either. And no difference, as you shouldn't hate anyone for the way they are born, and are not entitled to deprive them of their rights because of the way they are born.

    I found it interesting that the gay activists changed the decision to be gay from a matter of personal freedom choice to a matter of being a genetic birth defect - claiming then they were being discriminated against not for reasons of freedom, but of racial equality as gays are then genetically a different race of people.

    IF being gay is not a matter of personal choice but instead a matter of genetic deviation, then the subject of whether being gay is a social good or a social harm becomes relevant. If a harm, gays should be discouraged from having any children to avoid passing on harmful genetic deformity to another generation.

    However it also means a person can question giving rights to someone because of a mental complusion. There are people who "are just born" to want to steal, want to do violence etc. This doesn't mean then that person has a right to engage in their defective genetic mental inclinations as a constitution or legal right, although it could be argued as a society we should attempt medical care or institutionalization of such people.

    Every time I hear that people are gay because they "are born that way" leads me to conclude therefore it isn't a topic of personal choice and instead is a topic of birth defects. If so, we should be attempting to find a cure. Possibly gene therapy.
    Last edited by Bonnie1988; 11-07-08 at 06:13 PM.

  5. #385
    Student
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    08-26-17 @ 12:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    192

    Re: Ban on gay marriage in CA still unclear

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    ...Anyone who believes that certain people are not entitled to the same rights and privileges as the rest of society based on characterisitics such as gender, skin color, sexual orientation, age....are plain and simply bigots.
    Yep it sure is black and white isn't it! There are certainly some pedophiles and sheep herders that will join you in that philosophy.

  6. #386
    Goddess of Bacon

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Charlottesville, VA
    Last Seen
    05-28-12 @ 09:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,988

    Re: Ban on gay marriage in CA still unclear

    Quote Originally Posted by Bonnie1988 View Post

    I found it interesting that the gay activists changed the decision to be gay from a matter of personal freedom choice to a matter of being a genetic birth defect - claiming then they were being discriminated against not for reasons of freedom, but of racial equality as gays are then genetically a different race of people.

    IF being gay is not a matter of personal choice but instead a matter of genetic deviation, then the subject of whether being gay is a social good or a social harm becomes relevant. If a harm, gays should be discouraged from having any children to avoid passing on harmful genetic deformity to another generation.

    However it also means a person can question giving rights to someone because of a mental complusion. There are people who "are just born" to want to steal, want to do violence etc. This doesn't mean then that person has a right to engage in their defective genetic mental inclinations as a constitution or legal right, although it could be argued as a society we should attempt medical care or institutionalization of such people.

    Every time I hear that people are gay because they "are born that way" leads me to conclude therefore it isn't a topic of personal choice and instead is a topic of birth defects. If so, we should be attempting to find a cure. Possibly gene therapy.
    Hey, Eugenetics! I'm all for it. Blind people, deaf people, anyone with any clinical disorders, people with diabetes, heart defects, down syndrome, autism.. anyone who is not perfect. They should all be studied to see how they negatively affect society and barred from reproducing so as to keep their dirty genes out of our clean pool.

    And maybe eventually we can get rid of all of those pesky heterosexuals who claim they were "born that way".

  7. #387
    Sage
    UtahBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,687

    Re: Ban on gay marriage in CA still unclear

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    I guess you did not have a problem with the millions of dollars that the whacko left poured into defeat the proposition, alot from out of state............

    How do you explain the huge margin it passed by?
    What, it wasn't the whacko left, it was the religious right that provided the funds...
    Oracle of Utah
    Truth rings hollow in empty heads.

  8. #388
    Sage
    UtahBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,687

    Re: Ban on gay marriage in CA still unclear

    Quote Originally Posted by Bonnie1988 View Post

    I found it interesting that the gay activists changed the decision to be gay from a matter of personal freedom choice to a matter of being a genetic birth defect - claiming then they were being discriminated against not for reasons of freedom, but of racial equality as gays are then genetically a different race of people.

    IF being gay is not a matter of personal choice but instead a matter of genetic deviation, then the subject of whether being gay is a social good or a social harm becomes relevant. If a harm, gays should be discouraged from having any children to avoid passing on harmful genetic deformity to another generation.

    However it also means a person can question giving rights to someone because of a mental complusion. There are people who "are just born" to want to steal, want to do violence etc. This doesn't mean then that person has a right to engage in their defective genetic mental inclinations as a constitution or legal right, although it could be argued as a society we should attempt medical care or institutionalization of such people.

    Every time I hear that people are gay because they "are born that way" leads me to conclude therefore it isn't a topic of personal choice and instead is a topic of birth defects. If so, we should be attempting to find a cure. Possibly gene therapy.
    got some links? I have known gays for a lot of years, and never heard one say it was a voluntary decision on their part, OR a birth defect.
    Oracle of Utah
    Truth rings hollow in empty heads.

  9. #389
    Sage
    jfuh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Pacific Rim
    Last Seen
    01-20-12 @ 09:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    16,631

    Re: Ban on gay marriage in CA still unclear

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Obama is trying to have it both ways........On the one hand he is against gay marriage on the other he does not support prop b.....Even you can see the hypocrisy in that........
    Actually, he like any rationally minded person sees this thing quite simply.
    Obama's faith and religious belief tells him he ought to be against gay marriage.
    However this is a secular nation founded on secular principles where there is a wall of separation between church and state.
    There is no other reason other than that of religious faith that would be against gay marriage, hence why Obama is not in support of Proposition b.
    Sadly the bigoted homophobes see it otherwise.

  10. #390
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: Ban on gay marriage in CA still unclear

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    I guess you did not have a problem with the millions of dollars that the whacko left poured into defeat the proposition, alot from out of state............


    How do you explain the huge margin it passed by?
    It didn't pass by a large margin. The vote was actually quite close.

    Personally, I would prefer none of the money come from out of state. But when you look at the percentages, the vast majority of the pro prop 8 came from out of state. Very little money came from out of state for the anti- prop 8 campaign.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

Page 39 of 69 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •