Page 37 of 69 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast
Results 361 to 370 of 690

Thread: Ban on gay marriage in CA still unclear

  1. #361
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Ban on gay marriage in CA still unclear

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Sorry Harshaw.....if you want to debate the issue I'm more than willing.
    You can start debating by actually supporting the claims that you make...

  2. #362
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Ban on gay marriage in CA still unclear

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    There is no difference. Anyone who believes that any American is not entitled to the same rights/privileges as any other American is a bigot.

    I am certain the racists who fought against the civil rights laws didn't consider themselves bigots either. Afterall, they were on the right....god was on their side.

    Homophobia is simply the last bastion of bigotry in the United States and like the rest, it will fall as well.
    You keep trying to compare the plight of Blacks when in fact there is no comparison.......

    Because one has a difference of opinion does not make him a homophobe...........What is ironic as you on the left call us the intolerant ones when in fact it is you who are intolerant...........
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  3. #363
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,144

    Re: Ban on gay marriage in CA still unclear

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    OK, first -- ain't never gonna happen. Bigotry and discrimination are part of human nature, and will continue to be as long as there are humans, and no amount of wishing, whining, or legislation will cause that to change.

    Second, the appalling levels of bigotry shown by your own political tribe prove the above beyond a doubt.

    Third, your statements by themselves illustrate my second point. Mere disagreement with your philosophy does not make one bigoted or hateful or angry.

    But thank you for being such an excellent self-parody. You make it rather easier to deal with you.

    Fortunately American history has proven you at least partially wrong. True Bigotry and discrimination will always be a part of our culture. However, our history as a country has shown that although we haven't always been swift to address injustices, we eventually do the right thing.

    Anyone who believes that certain people are not entitled to the same rights and privileges as the rest of society based on characterisitics such as gender, skin color, sexual orientation, age....are plain and simply bigots.
    I believe everyone should be entitled to the same rights and privileges. Disagreement with that philosophy is in and of itself bigotry.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  4. #364
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,144

    Re: Ban on gay marriage in CA still unclear

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You keep trying to compare the plight of Blacks when in fact there is no comparison.......

    Because one has a difference of opinion does not make him a homophobe...........What is ironic as you on the left call us the intolerant ones when in fact it is you who are intolerant...........
    True, Navy....a difference of opinion does not make a person a homophobe. However, we you seek to implement your difference of opinion on others and say they are only entitled to your views and opinions....that does make one a homophobe. America is vast enough for a difference of opinion. I support your right to disagree. Why do I and the rest of us have to agree with your views?
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  5. #365
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Ban on gay marriage in CA still unclear

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    I believe everyone should be entitled to the same rights and privileges. Disagreement with that philosophy is in and of itself bigotry.

    Wow. To disagree with you = bigotry
    You just can't make this stuff up!

  6. #366
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Ban on gay marriage in CA still unclear

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Yes....because the bigots on the right are becoming scared of what is coming. They are trying to put up these walls, but eventually they will all fall. Most likely even within your lifetime.

    So the millions of people that disagree with you are all bigots..........Do you have any idea how ridiculous you sound? When you make stupid statements like that you only hurt your argument........
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  7. #367
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,144

    Re: Ban on gay marriage in CA still unclear

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    So the millions of people that disagree with you are all bigots..........Do you have any idea how ridiculous you sound? When you make stupid statements like that you only hurt your argument........
    Thats not what I am saying at all. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. But when they say that only their opinion is correct and force others to live by their opinion....that makes them a bigot.

    I have no problem with people who disagree with gay marriage for whatever reason. They are entitled to that opinion. However, they should not expect others to live their lives by that opinion.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  8. #368
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Ban on gay marriage in CA still unclear

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    True, Navy....a difference of opinion does not make a person a homophobe. However, whn you seek to implement your difference of opinion on others and say they are only entitled to your views and opinions....that does make one a homophobe.
    This is -insanely- stupid.
    How do you go from a non-homophobe to a homophobe simply by trying to implement a position that you agree is non-homophobic?

    And, how is it that someone that opposes same-sex marriages necessarily does so out of fear and hate?

  9. #369
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:46 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,568

    Re: Ban on gay marriage in CA still unclear

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Fortunately American history has proven you at least partially wrong. True Bigotry and discrimination will always be a part of our culture. However, our history as a country has shown that although we haven't always been swift to address injustices, we eventually do the right thing.

    Anyone who believes that certain people are not entitled to the same rights and privileges as the rest of society based on characterisitics such as gender, skin color, sexual orientation, age....are plain and simply bigots.
    I believe everyone should be entitled to the same rights and privileges. Disagreement with that philosophy is in and of itself bigotry.
    Yeah, well, same-sex marriage doesn't fit neatly into that oversimplification, much as you think it's black and white. The same is true of other hot-button issues like abortion, which concerns more than just the right of a woman to do what she wishes with her body -- again, much as some would like to gloss right over that.

    To say anyone who opposes same-sex marriage is just simply a bigot and a homophobe, just like that, a 1 or 0 with no middle ground, is hateful and divisive in and of itself and of a piece with exactly what you say you oppose.

    Heck, the One himself said he's opposed to it, so is the new Messiah in Chief a bigot, and evil? If not, why not?
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  10. #370
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Ban on gay marriage in CA still unclear

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Thats not what I am saying at all. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. But when they say that only their opinion is correct and force others to live by their opinion....that makes them a bigot.
    Wow. Who would have thought that you'd prove that liberals are bigots?

Page 37 of 69 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •