Page 17 of 69 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 690

Thread: Ban on gay marriage in CA still unclear

  1. #161
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Ban on gay marriage in CA still unclear

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Dancing the Stinger Shuffle......
    Still not supporting your claim....?

  2. #162
    Sage
    UtahBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,687

    Re: Ban on gay marriage in CA still unclear

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    There is a lot more to gay pride parades than people dancing around almost naked. That is simply the sensationalist part that the TV news love to you.


    No one is saying that people should have sex in public or even PDA's (gay or straight). However, I don't subscribe to the idea that gays are ok as long as they act straight in public.
    Did I say that?
    No, but if you must flame, do it inside. It is called public decency, or PDA as you say. Gays and straights should be arrested once the private parts become publicly displayed.
    Oracle of Utah
    Truth rings hollow in empty heads.

  3. #163
    Student Heretic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Last Seen
    07-08-09 @ 03:45 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    224

    Re: Ban on gay marriage in CA still unclear

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Clearly, blacks are interested in a theocracy, where their religious views, fears and hatreds are imposed on others.
    It would seem that some are. How quickly history is forgotten...
    The greatest shortcoming of the human race is our inability to understand the exponential function. -- Dr. Albert Bartlett

  4. #164
    Student veganshawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    U$A
    Last Seen
    11-11-08 @ 07:36 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    253

    Re: Ban on gay marriage in CA still unclear

    Quote Originally Posted by Heretic View Post
    I think it's interesting that the same arguments used against homosexual marriage are the same arguments used against interracial marriage decades ago (against G-d, nature, decency, etc).

    So I was a little disappointed to hear that Prop 8 was so popular with black voters the same year America elected its first black President.
    I bring this up all the time, I know from experience I grew up in a interracial household. I would hear this king of nonsense from the same people who have now turned their hate towards gays because our country finally has got to the point where racism is unacceptable in most circles.
    You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it. -Malcolm X

  5. #165
    Student veganshawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    U$A
    Last Seen
    11-11-08 @ 07:36 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    253

    Re: Ban on gay marriage in CA still unclear

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    All the evidence I've seen points to born-homosexuality being the result of a person's brain interpreting the pheromones of the same gender as though it were the opposite gender.

    This seems obviously incongruent the purpose and function of that individualís gender, and therefore stands out as some sort of malfunction not far removed from Gender Identity Disorder or a lesser manifestation of Transexuality.

    IMO we should put our resources into developing legitimate treatment for this physiological error instead of trying to legitimize it with notions of "equality".
    It is this kind of blind hatred that sets us as a people back. It is only your view that it is a defect or malfunction as you call it. Does someone being born gay harm you in any way? The answer is no. We need to get past our personal prejudices and accept people.
    You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it. -Malcolm X

  6. #166
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Ban on gay marriage in CA still unclear

    Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    As marriage is NOT a constitutional issue; I find the outright modification of such a document to be highly inapropriate. The far right neo-nazi assholes responsible for this should lose the right to participate in politics.
    What striking irony; your statements smack of Nazi attitudes. But that is the OBVIOUS hypocrisy we are growing used to when debating Liberals.

  7. #167
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Ban on gay marriage in CA still unclear

    Quote Originally Posted by Heretic View Post
    I think it's interesting that the same arguments used against homosexual marriage are the same arguments used against interracial marriage decades ago (against G-d, nature, decency, etc).

    So I was a little disappointed to hear that Prop 8 was so popular with black voters the same year America elected its first black President.
    The two are not the same. The interracial marriages were about race discrimination. The argument regarding marriage is not in the same category except for the hysterical drama coming from Liberals and Gay activists determined to shove their values down everyone's throats regardless of the Democratic process; it smacks of Nazi tactics; bullying, defiance and thuggery.

    No one is making a GOOD case for Gay marriage with this kind of attitude and tactics. If anything, they are driving a deeper wedge, and that is fine with me. The intolerance of gays and Liberals for everyone who doesn't think like them is beginning to create a stench no one can abide by.

  8. #168
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Ban on gay marriage in CA still unclear

    Quote Originally Posted by veganshawn View Post
    It is this kind of blind hatred that sets us as a people back. It is only your view that it is a defect or malfunction as you call it. Does someone being born gay harm you in any way? The answer is no. We need to get past our personal prejudices and accept people.
    The hatred we are seeing is coming from the dramatic hysterics of Liberals like you. You hate anyone who doesn't conform to your absurd views and demagogue and spew your venom empty of any logic, tolerance or coherent thoughts.

  9. #169
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Ban on gay marriage in CA still unclear

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    The two are not the same. The interracial marriages were about race discrimination. The argument regarding marriage is not in the same category except for the hysterical drama coming from Liberals and Gay activists determined to shove their values down everyone's throats regardless of the Democratic process; it smacks of Nazi tactics; bullying, defiance and thuggery.
    .
    Wait a second here if gay were legal what is forced on you?

  10. #170
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Ban on gay marriage in CA still unclear

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Wait a second here if gay were legal what is forced on you?
    There is the religious definition of marriage used by many to limit it between man and woman. There is no doubt that the origin of this had very much religious roots. The government started issuing the marriage license and in doing so took marriage out of the church and put it into the realm of the state. The State can not discriminate the same way a church can, and the marriage contract is forged between two individuals but is being limited to man-woman. When those opposed to allowing same sex couples full use of their right to contract talk about morality being forced; they are talking from a historically religious argument. In that they view marriage as only man-woman, any attempt for same sex couples to alter that to allow themselves legal recognition of the State issued contract is then forcing a change in those values. They hold dear to the old definitions of marriage when it was once solely the realm of the church. But the problem is that it is no longer the realm of the church, the State stole it when it came up with the marriage license. And certain forms of discrimination through the State and changed and overthrown as time marches on.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

Page 17 of 69 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •