Page 16 of 69 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 690

Thread: Ban on gay marriage in CA still unclear

  1. #151
    Sage
    UtahBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,687

    Re: Ban on gay marriage in CA still unclear

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    No one is dictating how you can live. How would gay marriage affect your lifestyle?

    The reality is, gay marriage was legal in California for over 1/2 a year and it didn't affect the lives of those opposed to it in the slightest. Heterosexual marriage did not fail and society did not fall apart (as many right-wing opponents suggested).
    Personally speaking, it doesn't affect my lifestyle. But I can see what bothers others about it. Keeping it private is essential. I certainly WOULD insist on keeping it indoors. Gay Pride parades and public "in your face" display of your lifestyle is self defeating, and some gays don't realize that.
    Oracle of Utah
    Truth rings hollow in empty heads.

  2. #152
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Ban on gay marriage in CA still unclear

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    I'll patiently await your response.
    I thanked you for your admission that you cannot support your claim.
    What further response is necessary?

  3. #153
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,144

    Re: Ban on gay marriage in CA still unclear

    Quote Originally Posted by UtahBill View Post
    Personally speaking, it doesn't affect my lifestyle. But I can see what bothers others about it. Keeping it private is essential. I certainly WOULD insist on keeping it indoors. Gay Pride parades and public "in your face" display of your lifestyle is self defeating, and some gays don't realize that.
    Why should gays have to live their lives in the closet?

    The solution is simple...if you don't want to go to a gay pride parade....don't.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  4. #154
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,144

    Re: Ban on gay marriage in CA still unclear

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    I thanked you for your admission that you cannot support your claim.
    What further response is necessary?
    Did you take dancing lessons from our old friend Stinger?
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  5. #155
    Sage
    UtahBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,687

    Re: Ban on gay marriage in CA still unclear

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Why should gays have to live their lives in the closet?

    The solution is simple...if you don't want to go to a gay pride parade....don't.
    I said indoors, not in the closet...a house is a big thing, usually, plenty of room to dance around naked, you don't need to do it outside in a public place, gay or straight.
    Oracle of Utah
    Truth rings hollow in empty heads.

  6. #156
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,144

    Re: Ban on gay marriage in CA still unclear

    Quote Originally Posted by UtahBill View Post
    I said indoors, not in the closet...a house is a big thing, usually, plenty of room to dance around naked, you don't need to do it outside in a public place, gay or straight.
    There is a lot more to gay pride parades than people dancing around almost naked. That is simply the sensationalist part that the TV news love to you.


    No one is saying that people should have sex in public or even PDA's (gay or straight). However, I don't subscribe to the idea that gays are ok as long as they act straight in public.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  7. #157
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Ban on gay marriage in CA still unclear

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Did you take dancing lessons from our old friend Stinger?
    Its quite simple really:
    -You made a claim.
    -I asked you to supprt it.
    -You have not done so.

    Now, you HAVE asked me to disprove your claim by providing a counter-example, but since its YOUR claim under discussion, and YOUR responsibility to support it, I am under NO obligation whatsoever to disprove it.

    So, after failing on three seperate occasions to support your claim, you have effectively admitted that you cannoit support said claim; I have thanked you for that admission.

    Nothng more need be said.


  8. #158
    Student Heretic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Last Seen
    07-08-09 @ 03:45 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    224

    Re: Ban on gay marriage in CA still unclear

    I think it's interesting that the same arguments used against homosexual marriage are the same arguments used against interracial marriage decades ago (against G-d, nature, decency, etc).

    So I was a little disappointed to hear that Prop 8 was so popular with black voters the same year America elected its first black President.
    The greatest shortcoming of the human race is our inability to understand the exponential function. -- Dr. Albert Bartlett

  9. #159
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,144

    Re: Ban on gay marriage in CA still unclear

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Its quite simple really:
    -You made a claim.
    -I asked you to supprt it.
    -You have not done so.

    Now, you HAVE asked me to disprove your claim by providing a counter-example, but since its YOUR claim under discussion, and YOUR responsibility to support it, I am under NO obligation whatsoever to disprove it.

    So, after failing on three seperate occasions to support your claim, you have effectively admitted that you cannoit support said claim; I have thanked you for that admission.

    Nothng more need be said.

    Dancing the Stinger Shuffle......
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  10. #160
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Ban on gay marriage in CA still unclear

    Quote Originally Posted by Heretic View Post
    So I was a little disappointed to hear that Prop 8 was so popular with black voters the same year America elected its first black President.
    Clearly, blacks are interested in a theocracy, where their religious views, fears and hatreds are imposed on others.

Page 16 of 69 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •