Page 25 of 30 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 250 of 296

Thread: Raped 13 year old girl stoned to death.

  1. #241

  2. #242
    Dorset Patriot
    Wessexman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Sydney, Australia(but my heart is back in Dorset.)
    Last Seen
    10-17-17 @ 04:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    8,468

    Re: Raped 13 year old girl stoned to death.

    Quote Originally Posted by Korimyr the Rat View Post
    Do you know how many times that things like this have happened, and how many worse things happen every year all over the world? If you were outraged over every single human atrocity to come down the pike, your outrage would soon be as meaningless as your condemnation of my indifference.
    You speak wise words Korimyr. People these days spend so much time worrying about so many things from all over the world. It can't have a good effect on them individually and socially. We need to spend less time caught up in everyone else's business, it rarely helps anyone anyway.
    Last edited by Wessexman; 11-28-08 at 08:13 AM.
    "It is written in the eternal constitution that men of intemperate minds cannot be free. Their passions forge their fetters." - Edmund Burke

  3. #243
    Dorset Patriot
    Wessexman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Sydney, Australia(but my heart is back in Dorset.)
    Last Seen
    10-17-17 @ 04:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    8,468

    Re: Raped 13 year old girl stoned to death.

    Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post
    Absolutely not.
    It'll have devestating consequences of the region which they do not see.

    How about we don't allow Somalis to have Shariah law?
    It is not our business. We can't be the world's police and we shouldn't be. It is no good for us or the world.
    "It is written in the eternal constitution that men of intemperate minds cannot be free. Their passions forge their fetters." - Edmund Burke

  4. #244
    Sage
    Laila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    04-28-17 @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,095

    Re: Raped 13 year old girl stoned to death.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    It is not our business. We can't be the world's police and we shouldn't be. It is no good for us or the world.
    No you are right.
    I was being harsh on Somalia. If they want Shariah law then good for them. I don't believe it would harm them anymore than what is happening now.

    Oh and Invayne, I barely got through the first few minutes of the first Youtube video before shutting it down.

    Good way to counter an arguement btw using Youtube videos
    Last edited by Laila; 11-28-08 at 09:33 AM.


  5. #245
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Last Seen
    12-26-10 @ 06:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    8,083

    Re: Raped 13 year old girl stoned to death.

    Invayne, can you please stop spamming us with useless Youtube opinion pieces? If you have something to say, say it yourself. Don't rely on Youtube to make your argument for you.

    The media's #1 duty in reporting on things like people being stoned to death is to itself. Dramatic titles bring dramatic ratings. The violence will continue in Somalia until a UN mandate is made to remove its current regime and bring new infrastructure to the region; however, given how Iraq is gone, and the relative strategic unimportance of Somalia, such a measure is doubtful.

  6. #246
    Devil Dog cherokee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Last Seen
    09-11-09 @ 11:58 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,486

    Re: Raped 13 year old girl stoned to death.

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    You do know that taking refuted arguments from another thread while pretending that the refutation doesn't exist doesn't make them suddenly valid again no?

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/1057826468-post115.html
    I bet your favorite some is I'm not aware of to many things
    I know what I know if you know what I mean. I have proved my point. Let me know when you can offer up REAL evidence.

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    Except that you are deliberately ignoring other Muslim countries which don't have such rules. thus, your idiotic assertion says that Turkey and Indonesia among others aren't part of the Islamic World.
    Really and which counties are those?
    Name the Muslim countries if you can.
    From reading Turkish law, (yes unlike you I actually read about a counties law before I pretend like you to blab about it.) It is almost void of islamic based laws yet they still have honor killing being committed by Muslims. I wonder why? I do pray tell wonder what the "Turkish Hadith Project" will turn out to be like.

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    Pray tell Cherokee, why is that the country with the MOST MUSLIMS IN THE WORLD isn't part of the Islamic world?

    How about you own up to making **** up left and right up?

    And where I've been or not been doesn't change the fact that you are wrong.

    If someone has been to a country and says that another's statements about how the sky is blue there is wrong because they never went there, is the sky not blue there?
    Have you read Indian Law? No you haven't because if you did you'd see its has its own version for Muslims. surprise!

    "your idiotic assertion" Look who's doing the insulting now. Yet you will cry to the mods when I insult you back?

    I have posted my evidence what have you posted? Nothing!
    Back up you BS.

  7. #247
    Devil Dog cherokee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Last Seen
    09-11-09 @ 11:58 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,486

    Re: Raped 13 year old girl stoned to death.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    You speak wise words Korimyr. People these days spend so much time worrying about so many things from all over the world. It can't have a good effect on them individually and socially. We need to spend less time caught up in everyone else's business, it rarely helps anyone anyway.
    And looking the other way is some how better, like when the world turned a blind eye to Rwanda or Dafur today?

  8. #248
    Devil Dog cherokee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Last Seen
    09-11-09 @ 11:58 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,486

    Re: Raped 13 year old girl stoned to death.

    Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post
    Yeah ...

    .... are you sure that is Somalia's consitution?

    I just looked through it myself

    CONSTITUTION OF THE SOMALI DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC


    Somaliland and Somalia's consitution is very similar [obviously]
    Somaliland's consitution and law has a basis of Shariah law ofc and i see nothing wrong with that. It has worked very well for it

    Oh and what is wrong with Islam being the state religion? seeing the country is 100% Muslim :/
    Yes it is the Somalia's constitution, I've read the entire document have you?
    What wrong with an Islamic government? Hmm thats a hard one. Nothing if you're a man. The question should be how long would you live under an Islamic law. Are you not use to western laws? Why don't you live in Somaliland or Somalia today? If that is your home why did you leave?

  9. #249
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Whitewater, CO
    Last Seen
    04-05-16 @ 06:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    8,260
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Raped 13 year old girl stoned to death.

    Quote Originally Posted by EgoffTib View Post
    His argument is completely relevant
    No, it isn't.

    There is no comparison.

  10. #250
    Dorset Patriot
    Wessexman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Sydney, Australia(but my heart is back in Dorset.)
    Last Seen
    10-17-17 @ 04:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    8,468

    Re: Raped 13 year old girl stoned to death.

    Quote Originally Posted by cherokee View Post
    And looking the other way is some how better, like when the world turned a blind eye to Rwanda or Dafur today?
    I'd be the first to say that occassionally there is need for action but generally worrying about other people's business is not a good thing.

    Would you like the state to look after more of yours? How about the Chinese state or the EU?
    "It is written in the eternal constitution that men of intemperate minds cannot be free. Their passions forge their fetters." - Edmund Burke

Page 25 of 30 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •