Page 65 of 72 FirstFirst ... 15556364656667 ... LastLast
Results 641 to 650 of 719

Thread: Trump battles Meryl Streep with tweets as Cabinet picks prepare for grilling

  1. #641
    Sage
    OpportunityCost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    11,710

    Re: Trump battles Meryl Streep with tweets as Cabinet picks prepare for grilling

    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    Okay so you don't know what Meryl Steep said. You concede that Trump imitated the reporter, but you still claim she lied. It seems that your case is purely built on ignorance and confirmation bias.
    So you don't want a conversation, you want to falsely portray what I type?

    I know exactly what she said. I am saying she is ignoring the evidence that Trump portrayed two people who were not disabled in the same fashion. I am not saying she is lying, I am saying she is painting a narrative without considering all of the facts.

    You need to follow your arguments through, not set up false arguments to knock down so you can move on. Care to address your argument that I said she was prohibited from free speech or are you going with running away from that, too?

  2. #642
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,422

    Re: Trump battles Meryl Streep with tweets as Cabinet picks prepare for grilling

    Quote Originally Posted by OpportunityCost View Post
    So you don't want a conversation, you want to falsely portray what I type?

    I know exactly what she said. I am saying she is ignoring the evidence that Trump portrayed two people who were not disabled in the same fashion. I am not saying she is lying, I am saying she is painting a narrative without considering all of the facts.

    You need to follow your arguments through, not set up false arguments to knock down so you can move on. Care to address your argument that I said she was prohibited from free speech or are you going with running away from that, too?
    What "evidence" did she ignore?

    "It was that moment when the person asking to sit in the most respected seat in our country imitated a disabled reporter. Someone he outranked in privilege, power and the capacity to fight back."

    He DID "imitate a disabled reporter." He actually, factually, did that. It's recorded on video.

    Stop mischaracterizing her argument and then whining about how i'm mischaracterizing yours when i'm not. I'm pointing out that her depiction was factually robust.

  3. #643
    Hates Kittens
    NonoBadDog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Mountains
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    13,941
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Trump battles Meryl Streep with tweets as Cabinet picks prepare for grilling

    Quote Originally Posted by Puigb View Post
    Since more people voted for her...it doesn't.
    Wait, did Clinton win something that we don't know about?

    Winner-trop-feat-11-10-16.jpg

    image589.jpg

    4be143fb3d05e066fa97202efbcd1e5d.jpg
    I voted Trump. Thanks Wikileaks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Josie View Post
    We should always be aware and on alert of government over-reach and whittling away of rights....not just when our political party isn't in the Oval Office.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Right-wingers aren't even people.

  4. #644
    Sage
    OpportunityCost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    11,710

    Re: Trump battles Meryl Streep with tweets as Cabinet picks prepare for grilling

    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    What "evidence" did she ignore?

    "It was that moment when the person asking to sit in the most respected seat in our country imitated a disabled reporter. Someone he outranked in privilege, power and the capacity to fight back."

    He DID "imitate a disabled reporter." He actually, factually, did that. It's recorded on video.

    Stop mischaracterizing her argument and then whining about how i'm mischaracterizing yours when i'm not. I'm pointing out that her depiction was factually robust.
    He did not imitate him because he portrayed non disabled people in the same manner. Still running away from your other crappy arguments I see.

  5. #645
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,614

    Re: Trump battles Meryl Streep with tweets as Cabinet picks prepare for grilling

    Quote Originally Posted by NIMBY View Post
    Public opinion is never a lost cause when you do what the GOP did in Obama's first two years.

    Welcome to leadership, learning how to say YES, and actually having a plan to REPLACE, which GOPols don't have .
    Apparently you've already started the selection process for your next lost cause.

    Do the Democrats have an Obamacare fix plan? I hadn't heard about that one.

  6. #646
    Sage

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    26,565

    Re: Trump battles Meryl Streep with tweets as Cabinet picks prepare for grilling

    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    Apparently you've already started the selection process for your next lost cause.

    Do the Democrats have an Obamacare fix plan? I hadn't heard about that one.
    You forgot it was the GOP that's been promising a REPLACE for the last SIX years since they took the House.

    Why do GOPosters not expect their politicians to keep their word?

    Why do GOPosters support a GOP congress that can't work with each other?

    When will the Majority party give us REPLACE with repeal ?
    Chemists Have Solutions .

  7. #647
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,422

    Re: Trump battles Meryl Streep with tweets as Cabinet picks prepare for grilling

    Quote Originally Posted by OpportunityCost View Post
    He did not imitate him because he portrayed non disabled people in the same manner. Still running away from your other crappy arguments I see.
    The fact that his retard impression was already well established does not change the fact that he imitated the reporter.

    Trump says "You've got to see this guy," does an impression in the reporters voice, and you claim that he did not imitate the reporter...?

    How the **** can you make such a dishonest claim?

  8. #648
    Sage
    Geoist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    7,106

    Re: Trump battles Meryl Streep with tweets as Cabinet picks prepare for grilling

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    you are not being honest again. There is no evidence they knew each other well at the time. what evidence do you have.
    “Donald and I were on a first-name basis for years,” Kovaleski told the Times in November. “I’ve interviewed him in his office,” he added. “I’ve talked to him at press conferences. All in all, I would say around a dozen times, I’ve interacted with him as a reporter while I was at The Daily News.” In particular, Kovaleski covered the launch of the Trump Shuttle, spending the day with Trump in 1989 when the airline launched with typical Trump brashness.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.5fccb1dd37a7



    On top of that, Trump said, "you gotta see this guy!" and referring to him as "poor guy." Why would he say these things if he didn't know what he looked like? Trump is a ****ing perpetual liar. Just admit it.
    "Men did not make the earth ... it is the value of the improvement only, and not the earth itself, that is individual property... Every proprietor owes to the community a ground rent for the land which he holds." -- Thomas Paine, Agrarian Justice
    http://www.wealthandwant.com/

  9. #649
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    5,044

    Re: Trump battles Meryl Streep with tweets as Cabinet picks prepare for grilling

    Quote Originally Posted by a777pilot View Post
    Why should Ms. Streep be allowed to tell lies and get away with it? She is just another rich, entitled, Hollywood liberals telling lies to other rich, entitled, Hollywood liberals that desperately want to believe the lies.
    and exactly what lies did she tell?

  10. #650
    Educator a777pilot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Flower Mound, in the basement
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    735

    Re: Trump battles Meryl Streep with tweets as Cabinet picks prepare for grilling

    Quote Originally Posted by randel View Post
    and exactly what lies did she tell?


    Asked and answered.
    I came into this world fighting, screaming and covered in someone else's blood. I have no problem going out the same way.

Page 65 of 72 FirstFirst ... 15556364656667 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •