Page 22 of 75 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 220 of 743

Thread: Flag burners get attacked by bikers[W:634]

  1. #211
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Charleston, South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-02-16 @ 12:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    28,659

    Re: Flag burners get attacked by bikers

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Keep telling yourself that.
    Feel free to point out the inaccuracies then in it then.

  2. #212
    Sage
    Ahlevah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Flyoverland
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,092

    Re: Flag burners get attacked by bikers

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    <----Anarchist and law abiding.

    Yes, it's a thing.
    Maybe, but it is kind of funny. Anarchy by definition describes a state of disorder. "Law-abiding anarchist!"
    Нава́льный 2018

  3. #213
    Educator HorseLoverGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Lexington North Carolina
    Last Seen
    08-24-15 @ 06:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,207

    Re: Flag burners get attacked by bikers

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    That's such amazing spin the earth's axis is compromised.
    So that's the new definition of truth? Let me consult the dictionary.
    Life is short, ride a horse

  4. #214
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 07:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Flag burners get attacked by bikers

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Adverse View Post
    What?

    Just because something someone else does offends you is no justification for physically attacking them.

    Our system is based on a right to self-defense. There is no right of "aggressive-offense."

    You can express yourself by jeering, shouting people down, counter-protesting, suing in court if you can show libel or slander, etc.. There are all sorts of non-violent ways to counter freely expressed opinions that you do not agree with.

    Kicking someone's ass is not one of them.

    I don't like it when people burn flags. But if they bought it, they have a right to do with it whatever they will as long as they don't endanger anyone else physically, or other people's property.
    People can legally burn the flag but there will be others who will react violently when they do so. That's why it is always wise to consider the response whenever you decide to carry out any possibly offense actions. That's just the way it is, and flag-burners should learn to understand that.

    Perhaps they can express their feelings in a more articulate and original manner, but doubt that's within their collective abilities.

  5. #215
    Temp Suspended
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    12-03-16 @ 04:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    52,569

    Re: Flag burners get attacked by bikers

    Quote Originally Posted by Ahlevah View Post
    Maybe, but it is kind of funny. Anarchy by definition describes a state of disorder. "Lay-abiding anarchist!"
    Most anarchists are not criminals. Most of them are ****ing dumbasses though.

  6. #216
    Sage
    Captain Adverse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Mid-West USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    6,240

    Re: Flag burners get attacked by bikers

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    People can legally burn the flag but there will be others who will react violently when they do so. That's why it is always wise to consider the response whenever you decide to carry out any possibly offense actions. That's just the way it is, and flag-burners should learn to understand that.

    Perhaps they can express their feelings in a more articulate and original manner, but doubt that's within their collective abilities.
    I can appreciate your position. Again, I also dislike when people burn our flag, (or any flag for that matter). But saying "that's the way it is" is not a valid position in a country that is supposed to respect a person's right to free expression. Respect it so much that it is enshrined in the First Amendment of our Constitution.

    It is THAT ideal for which I served my country. Beating up a flag burner because one thinks it is the right thing to do is no better than beating up a civil rights marcher back in the 60's because one disagreed with civil rights. Both the flag burners and the civil rights marchers were exercising their Constitutional right to freedom of expression.

    Do you know the best way to counter a protest? Ignore it completely, as in "what if they held a parade and nobody came."
    If I stop responding it doesn't mean I've conceded the point or agree with you. It only means I've made my point and I don't mind you having the last word. Please wait a few minutes before "quoting" me. I often correct errors for a minute or two after I post before the final product is ready.

  7. #217
    Sage
    Chomsky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Third Coast
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    11,881

    Re: Flag burners get attacked by bikers

    Quote Originally Posted by Gathomas88 View Post
    Huh?

    What is this?

    The very first entry on the Confederacy side is 'Liberal Democracy'?

    Really?

    +++

    "Liberal democracy is a form of government in which representative democracy operates under the principles of liberalism, i.e. protecting the rights of the individual, which are generally enshrined in law. It is characterised by fair, free, and competitive elections between multiple distinct political parties, a separation of powers into different branches of government, the rule of law in everyday life as part of an open society, and the equal protection of human rights, civil rights, civil liberties, and political freedoms for all persons."

    Source: Wikipedia - 'Liberal Democracy'

    +++

    And,

    +++

    A liberal democracy is a form of representative democracy with free and fair form of elections procedure and competitive political process. The most interesting feature of liberal democracy is that all adult citizens is given the right to vote regardless of race, gender or property ownership.

    USA Legal.com - 'Liberal Democracy Law & Legal Definition'

    +++

    Besides the underlying premise that it is based upon individual liberty, the very hallmark of a Liberal Democracy is equal representation & rights under law!

    Your source is in erroneous.
    "When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

    The 10 Commandments of Logic - (Courtesy of Abbazorkzog Blog)

  8. #218
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Charleston, South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-02-16 @ 12:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    28,659

    Re: Flag burners get attacked by bikers

    Quote Originally Posted by Chomsky View Post
    Huh?

    What is this?

    The very first entry on the Confederacy side is 'Liberal Democracy'?

    Really?

    +++

    "Liberal democracy is a form of government in which representative democracy operates under the principles of liberalism, i.e. protecting the rights of the individual, which are generally enshrined in law. It is characterised by fair, free, and competitive elections between multiple distinct political parties, a separation of powers into different branches of government, the rule of law in everyday life as part of an open society, and the equal protection of human rights, civil rights, civil liberties, and political freedoms for all persons."

    Source: Wikipedia - 'Liberal Democracy'

    +++

    And,

    +++

    A liberal democracy is a form of representative democracy with free and fair form of elections procedure and competitive political process. The most interesting feature of liberal democracy is that all adult citizens is given the right to vote regardless of race, gender or property ownership.

    USA Legal.com - 'Liberal Democracy Law & Legal Definition'

    +++

    Besides the underlying premise that it is based upon individual liberty, the very hallmark of a Liberal Democracy is equal representation & rights under law!
    The C.S.A. had, almost literally, the exact same Constitution as the modern United States, with an amendment regarding slavery tossed in. Structurally and politically speaking, it was a Liberal Democracy.

    Furthermore, as the modern debates over issues like abortion, welfare, and free speech prove, concepts like "human rights," "civil liberties," and even "personhood" are all malleable and highly subjective. The fact that their definition of such terms differed from your own does not disqualify them from the title.

    Next question?

  9. #219
    Sage
    Chomsky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Third Coast
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    11,881

    Re: Flag burners get attacked by bikers

    Quote Originally Posted by Gathomas88 View Post
    The C.S.A. had, almost literally, the exact same Constitution as the modern United States, with an amendment regarding slavery tossed in. Structurally and politically speaking, it was a Liberal Democracy.

    Furthermore, as the modern debates over issues like abortion, welfare, and free speech prove, concepts like "human rights," "civil liberties," and even "personhood" are all malleable and highly subjective. The fact that their definition of such terms differed from your own does not disqualify them from the title.

    Next question?
    There is no question.

    Slavery is not Liberal Democracy.
    "When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

    The 10 Commandments of Logic - (Courtesy of Abbazorkzog Blog)

  10. #220
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Charleston, South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-02-16 @ 12:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    28,659

    Re: Flag burners get attacked by bikers

    Quote Originally Posted by Chomsky View Post
    There is no question.

    Slavery is not Liberal Democracy.
    Well... I hate to break it to you, but you're wrong.

    The United States is the original "Liberal Democracy," and it had slavery for the first 80 years of its existence. Revolutionary France had slavery as well.

Page 22 of 75 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •