Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 148

Thread: South Carolina governor: Confederate flag comes down Friday

  1. #11
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,061

    Re: South Carolina governor: Confederate flag comes down Friday

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Hey, can't I only care about the people sometimes too? I thought you guys were all about equal treatment and stuff?
    Lol, you're trying too hard. The opinion of the people was entirely irrelevant to the procedure to place and remove the flag. Trying to inject into the conversation at this point is pretty pointless, don't you think?
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  2. #12
    Sage
    reinoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Out West
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    9,861
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: South Carolina governor: Confederate flag comes down Friday

    I'm sure she didn't plan on it, but maybe it's time for Nikki Haley to join the Republican presidential race. She'll actually bring some dignity and class to the field.
    Quote Originally Posted by reinoe View Post
    Blacks aren't committing more crime. That's the point. They use drugs at similar rates yet they get harsher sentences and more convictions.
    Quote Originally Posted by CalGun View Post
    I disagree. Just because their drug usage may be no different does not mean their propensity to commit crime is the same or equal.

  3. #13
    Temp Suspended
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    12-03-16 @ 04:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    52,569

    Re: South Carolina governor: Confederate flag comes down Friday

    Quote Originally Posted by Glen Contrarian View Post
    Ask the millions of blacks who are still alive and remember very clearly what life under Jim Crow was like, what difference taking down that flag will make.

    But I forget - this is you, and as far as I've seen, you automatically dismiss any answer someone gives you that doesn't agree with what you already believe.
    I would love to see what change taking this flag down will have on their life in any sort of way.

  4. #14
    Liberal Fascist For Life!

    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:20 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    87,772
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: South Carolina governor: Confederate flag comes down Friday

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    And yet liberals all over the country still can't explain what difference this will make. Will depressed deprived people somehow not find symbols of hate to use to justify their hatred? Will they somehow stop using the Confederate flag to do it? Will anything really change at all? This has been something liberals have wanted to do for decades and not once in that time period have they convinced the south that their flag is about racism. The polls still to this very day in fact say that 57% of the population disagrees with them. I suppose however it fine to stand for democracy and ignore the people. Hell, with liberals it's just rhetoric. The people are what matters is what I'm told by them constantly, but I suppose ignoring them when it suits you is fine too. Funny how that works.
    Why does it have to make any difference? If you deny that it makes a difference, then there is no reason to fly it. If it does make a difference, then there is a reason to take it down.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  5. #15
    Actually I am.

    Superfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    East Coast
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,388

    Re: South Carolina governor: Confederate flag comes down Friday

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post




    A governor whose parents are Indian, surrounded by blacks and whites, signing a bill to remove a symbol of hatred 50 years after it was put there by a government that had just 2 years earlier enforced segregation. Gay marriage is now legal in all 50 states and my Cuban wife just made me tamales. What a time to be alive.
    You see the 9 pens she has laying on her desk? She took those 9 pens, and used each one to sign the bill, and then took those 9 pens and gave 1 pen to each of the 9 families affected by the shooting.

    Class act, she is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chomsky
    It's easy to be a Conservative, until you need help.
    Quote Originally Posted by OrphanSlug
    Asking Sarah Palin to head up the Department of Education is like asking Hitler to head up a human rights advocacy group.

  6. #16
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,926

    Re: South Carolina governor: Confederate flag comes down Friday

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Why does it have to make any difference? If you deny that it makes a difference, then there is no reason to fly it. If it does make a difference, then there is a reason to take it down.
    False choice fallacy....Instant losing argument...
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  7. #17
    Temp Suspended
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    12-03-16 @ 04:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    52,569

    Re: South Carolina governor: Confederate flag comes down Friday

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Why does it have to make any difference? If you deny that it makes a difference, then there is no reason to fly it. If it does make a difference, then there is a reason to take it down.
    Why did liberals lie and say this had to do with the shooting? Are people like myself supposed to be unaware that they were trying to get it removed for decades?

  8. #18
    Liberal Fascist For Life!

    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:20 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    87,772
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: South Carolina governor: Confederate flag comes down Friday

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Why did liberals lie and say this had to do with the shooting? Are people like myself supposed to be unaware that they were trying to get it removed for decades?
    Where did I say that? Why did you not answer the question I asked?
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  9. #19
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,061

    Re: South Carolina governor: Confederate flag comes down Friday

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    False choice fallacy....Instant losing argument...
    He's not providing two strict choices. He's questioning what difference it makes to leave it up if it makes no difference to take it down.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  10. #20
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    12-04-16 @ 06:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    26,399

    Re: South Carolina governor: Confederate flag comes down Friday

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    And yet liberals all over the country still can't explain what difference this will make. Will depressed deprived people somehow not find symbols of hate to use to justify their hatred? Will they somehow stop using the Confederate flag to do it? Will anything really change at all? This has been something liberals have wanted to do for decades and not once in that time period have they convinced the south that their flag is about racism. The polls still to this very day in fact say that 57% of the population disagrees with them. I suppose however it fine to stand for democracy and ignore the people. Hell, with liberals it's just rhetoric. The people are what matters is what I'm told by them constantly, but I suppose ignoring them when it suits you is fine too. Funny how that works.
    Yes, horrible liberals like Nikki Haley and Jeb Bush. In fact Bush removed the Confederate flag from the statehouse in Florida by executive order. Nobody voted on it.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    I smell hosiery....
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    I call my wife a slut

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •