Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 200

Thread: Jenny Horne's tearful Confederate flag speech shakes S. Carolina statehouse[W:79]

  1. #71
    Sage
    Ahlevah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Flyoverland
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,103

    Re: Jenny Horne's tearful Confederate flag speech shakes S. Carolina statehouse

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Someone used THIS symbol of hate...

    Attachment 67187047

    to stick a bunch of Japanese folks in interment camps.
    Yeah, talk about ironies. The "someone" who advocated for the Roosevelt Administration to do that was the then Governor of California, Earl Warren, who later become Chief Justice of the U.S. Supreme Court that tossed out Jim Crow in its landmark Brown v. Board of Education decision and went on to issue other decisions that advanced civil rights.

    The Unacknowledged Lesson: Earl Warren and the Japanese Relocation Controversy | VQR Online
    Нава́льный 2018

  2. #72
    Hates Kittens
    NonoBadDog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Mountains
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    12,695
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Jenny Horne's tearful Confederate flag speech shakes S. Carolina statehouse

    I voted Trump. Thanks Wikileaks.

    Quote Originally Posted by Soho gator View Post
    Are there some who hate ALL white people? Sure. Are they racists? No.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Right-wingers aren't even people.

  3. #73
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    17,158
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Jenny Horne's tearful Confederate flag speech shakes S. Carolina statehouse

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Well that is what this woman did.


    What's inane about being opposed to hate and prejudice?




    "Tolerance is giving to every other human being every right that you claim for yourself." ~ Robert Green Ingersoll

  4. #74
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    21,596

    Re: Jenny Horne's tearful Confederate flag speech shakes S. Carolina statehouse

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    The South spit on the US flag and replaced it with their own confederate flag of slavery.
    Nonsense.

    The Flag of the Northern States flew for over 80 years while Slavery was legal.


    The North seemed to only have a problem with slavery when the South wanted to secede.
    " If no one among us is capable of governing himself, then who among us has the capacity to govern someone else ? "
    Ronald Reagan

  5. #75
    Sage


    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:22 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,029

    Re: Jenny Horne's tearful Confederate flag speech shakes S. Carolina statehouse

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Because it is stupid....The flag did NOTHING to make anyone DO anything.
    The flag represents the killer's heritage, too.

  6. #76
    Relentless Thinking Fury
    ChezC3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    8,451

    Re: Jenny Horne's tearful Confederate flag speech shakes S. Carolina statehouse

    A disgusting display. Her voice reminds me of the brayings of an ass.


    *I apologize to donkey's everywhere*

  7. #77
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    17,158
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Jenny Horne's tearful Confederate flag speech shakes S. Carolina statehouse

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    They have the right to believe whatever they want, but they don't have a right to their own facts.
    Even if the flag didn't exist he would have still killed those people.


    What proof do you have of that?

    Let's see it.

  8. #78
    Professor
    Mustachio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,759

    Re: Jenny Horne's tearful Confederate flag speech shakes S. Carolina statehouse

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Yes, and 57% of people overall view it as a symbol of southern pride. Why should blacks frankly irrational view of the flag trump 57% of the people?

    And it's 72% of blacks that view it as a symbol of racism, not 75%.
    The black people were the ones who were slaves. The confederacy fought for the right of their states to keep slavery legal. You call that line of thinking "irrational?" You probably know this, but you're way, way too biased - for whatever reason - for anybody to take you seriously on this issue. Apart from the people who are also as biased as you, of course.
    A working class hero is something to be

  9. #79
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    Gina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:24 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,761

    Re: Jenny Horne's tearful Confederate flag speech shakes S. Carolina statehouse

    Moderator's Warning:
    Jenny Horne's tearful Confederate flag speech shakes S. Carolina statehouse[W:79]Well, yeah. The baiting and personal comments need to stop now. Y'all are not the topic of the thread either.

    Stick to commenting on the topic or thread bans and/or points are on the way.

  10. #80
    Global Moderator
    Engagement!
    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,727

    Re: Jenny Horne's tearful Confederate flag speech shakes S. Carolina statehouse

    Dylann Roof in no way, shape, or form is a reason for the flag to be taken down from state grounds.

    The fact that it's a flag of another country is reason I'd feel like it should be taken down from state grounds.

    Ultimately, it's the decision of those in the state. But from an outside observer, I'd approve of a confederate flag being flown over SC's state grounds as much as I'd approve of a Mexican flag being flown over California state grounds.

Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •