Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920
Results 191 to 200 of 200

Thread: Jenny Horne's tearful Confederate flag speech shakes S. Carolina statehouse[W:79]

  1. #191
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 09:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Jenny Horne's tearful Confederate flag speech shakes S. Carolina statehouse

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Is that all you have Montecresto? Ad hom, and appeal to emotion? Both sides of the argument were represented during this whole thing. I guess you only see what you wish to see.
    What??? ALL I did was point out that your side lost! Dry the tears and move on.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  2. #192
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 09:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Jenny Horne's tearful Confederate flag speech shakes S. Carolina statehouse

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Yeah I know, I'm an uncaring jerk.

    It is however true that liberals have been attacking the flag with the same kind of rhetoric that we saw after the shooting for decades. In reality nothing changed about the debate at all except that nine people were killed by some crazy dude that was racist and liked the flag. It was just more of the nonsense tactic always used by the left that when something horrible happens it's best to use it to get one of your political goals accomplished.
    Lol. Except for one thing, the SC legislator is republican (RIGHT) top heavy 28/18 and the vote to remove the flag was 36/3. Nice attempt at blaming the left.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  3. #193
    Temp Suspended
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    12-03-16 @ 04:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    52,569

    Re: Jenny Horne's tearful Confederate flag speech shakes S. Carolina statehouse

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Lol. Except for one thing, the SC legislator is republican (RIGHT) top heavy 28/18 and the vote to remove the flag was 36/3. Nice attempt at blaming the left.
    Yeah, they even played into the whole narrative that it was about the shooting. If the shooting never happened liberals would still be opposed to it and the fight against the flag would still be going on. All that happened is that the left started the bull**** wheel rolling and republicans got caught up into it.

  4. #194
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,016

    Re: Jenny Horne's tearful Confederate flag speech shakes S. Carolina statehouse

    Quote Originally Posted by opendebate View Post
    This should have been done a long time ago. This kids association with the flag and what he promoted is as representing just provoked the conversion. The flag becoming a focus is a by product of this incident
    Nah, it was a "co-opt" of the situation....But, we won't agree on that....

    hey he also wore the flag of, I think it was Rhodesia on his jacket....Should we ban their flag too?
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  5. #195
    Sage
    opendebate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    11-01-16 @ 08:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    7,315

    Re: Jenny Horne's tearful Confederate flag speech shakes S. Carolina statehouse

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Yeah I know, I'm an uncaring jerk.

    It is however true that liberals have been attacking the flag with the same kind of rhetoric that we saw after the shooting for decades. In reality nothing changed about the debate at all except that nine people were killed by some crazy dude that was racist and liked the flag. It was just more of the nonsense tactic always used by the left that when something horrible happens it's best to use it to get one of your political goals accomplished.
    Or perhaps some tragedy associated with ...... pushes that issue to the top of their list. This incident was in fact tragic, not even you can deny that, if something positive (like that stupid fkng flag coming down) comes from it then that's a good thing and its a pretty natural evolution not a diabolic plan of the lefties.
    "Judge a man by his questions rather than his answers" - Voltaire
    "There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow men. True nobility lies in being superior to your former self" -Hemingway

  6. #196
    Sage
    opendebate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    11-01-16 @ 08:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    7,315

    Re: Jenny Horne's tearful Confederate flag speech shakes S. Carolina statehouse

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Nah, it was a "co-opt" of the situation....But, we won't agree on that....

    hey he also wore the flag of, I think it was Rhodesia on his jacket....Should we ban their flag too?
    I don't know does the Rhodesian flag represent anything nearly as appalling to the majority of Americans?
    "Judge a man by his questions rather than his answers" - Voltaire
    "There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow men. True nobility lies in being superior to your former self" -Hemingway

  7. #197
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,016

    Re: Jenny Horne's tearful Confederate flag speech shakes S. Carolina statehouse

    Quote Originally Posted by opendebate View Post
    I don't know does the Rhodesian flag represent anything nearly as appalling to the majority of Americans?
    That's just it though, You're using the term "majority of American's" falsely, as I have already shown...Typical, that you will ignore that.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  8. #198
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 09:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Jenny Horne's tearful Confederate flag speech shakes S. Carolina statehouse

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Yeah, they even played into the whole narrative that it was about the shooting. If the shooting never happened liberals would still be opposed to it and the fight against the flag would still be going on. All that happened is that the left started the bull**** wheel rolling and republicans got caught up into it.
    Those poor little spineless republicans.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  9. #199
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,016

    Re: Jenny Horne's tearful Confederate flag speech shakes S. Carolina statehouse

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Those poor little spineless republicans.
    Yep, they were spineless....We shall see if the SC public is equally spineless come next election....
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  10. #200
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 09:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Jenny Horne's tearful Confederate flag speech shakes S. Carolina statehouse

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Yep, they were spineless....We shall see if the SC public is equally spineless come next election....
    You're revered flag will not go back up the pole, period, no matter what the racist side of the electorate down there wants.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •