Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 109

Thread: To Help US Veterans Charity, George W. Bush Charged $100,000

  1. #81
    Tavern Bartender
    #NeverTrumpOrClinton tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 08:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    33,335

    Re: To Help US Veterans Charity, George W. Bush Charged $100,000

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    i hear you
    you would prefer we would not discuss a rich man, who sent the soldiers into combat, exposing them to tragedy, then profiting from their dire circumstance
    I love rich men. Capitalism is a good thing. I was against the Iraq War. I posted that hundreds of times on here. GWB probably was paying his bills just fine before this speaking engagement. I don't recall that we had reinstated the draft so I'm not sure how Bush could send soldiers anywhere against their will.

    Okay, so now we've discussed it. Feel better?
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

  2. #82
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,503

    Re: To Help US Veterans Charity, George W. Bush Charged $100,000

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    I love rich men. Capitalism is a good thing. I was against the Iraq War. I posted that hundreds of times on here. GWB probably was paying his bills just fine before this speaking engagement. I don't recall that we had reinstated the draft so I'm not sure how Bush could send soldiers anywhere against their will.

    Okay, so now we've discussed it. Feel better?
    as you note, dubya didn't need to profit off of those injured soldiers, to pay his bills
    but that reality - that greed - did not prevent him from profiting at their expense

    what makes me feel better is handing the reich wing its ass on this matter
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    Quote Originally Posted by BrewerBob View Post
    The Democrats couldn't be more tone deaf if they had their eardrums incinerated with a hot poker.
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Why confuse things with facts?

  3. #83
    Tavern Bartender
    #NeverTrumpOrClinton tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 08:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    33,335

    Re: To Help US Veterans Charity, George W. Bush Charged $100,000

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    as you note, dubya didn't need to profit off of those injured soldiers, to pay his bills
    but that reality - that greed - did not prevent him from profiting at their expense

    what makes me feel better is handing the reich wing its ass on this matter
    I don't know how to reach him, but maybe we can contact his press secretary and make sure that he consults you on all of his speaking engagements going forward so you can let him know what you approve of. It looks like this really bothered you. It doesn't bother me. It isn't my money, just like i don't care who pays Billy Clinton for his pearls of wisdom. As long as it's someone else paying for them, not my worry. Not my business either.
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

  4. #84
    Why so serious?
    Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Washington State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,367

    Re: To Help US Veterans Charity, George W. Bush Charged $100,000

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    what makes me feel better is handing the reich wing its ass on this matter
    You mean when your trying to connect this to Jeb somehow? Yeah, that was a good ass handing there.
    "I believe in a Spinoza's God who reveals himself in the harmony of all that exists, but not in a God who concerns himself with the fate and actions of human beings."

    --Albert Einstein, 1929

  5. #85
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,503

    Re: To Help US Veterans Charity, George W. Bush Charged $100,000

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    I don't know how to reach him, but maybe we can contact his press secretary and make sure that he consults you on all of his speaking engagements going forward so you can let him know what you approve of. It looks like this really bothered you. It doesn't bother me. It isn't my money, just like i don't care who pays Billy Clinton for his pearls of wisdom. As long as it's someone else paying for them, not my worry. Not my business either.
    and if dubya had not been the person who sent those men and women into harm's way, such that they now seek the assistance of charity, i would not be alarmed that a profit is made
    but it is beyond callous for the very person who is responsible for their medical problems to now be profiting from those veterans and their plight
    but then your ethical standards might significantly differ from mine
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    Quote Originally Posted by BrewerBob View Post
    The Democrats couldn't be more tone deaf if they had their eardrums incinerated with a hot poker.
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Why confuse things with facts?

  6. #86
    Tavern Bartender
    #NeverTrumpOrClinton tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 08:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    33,335

    Re: To Help US Veterans Charity, George W. Bush Charged $100,000

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    and if dubya had not been the person who sent those men and women into harm's way, such that they now seek the assistance of charity, i would not be alarmed that a profit is made
    but it is beyond callous for the very person who is responsible for their medical problems to now be profiting from those veterans and their plight
    but then your ethical standards might significantly differ from mine
    And all of that has to do with Jeb Bush...how again?

    Lots of profits were made over the wars. Wars have been profitable for many for thousands of years. I think we need to hold Jeb responsible for that, too.
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

  7. #87
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,503

    Re: To Help US Veterans Charity, George W. Bush Charged $100,000

    Quote Originally Posted by Moon View Post
    You mean when your trying to connect this to Jeb somehow? Yeah, that was a good ass handing there.
    all jeb has to do is acknowledge that it was inappropriate of his brother to profit from the veterans he placed in harm's way

    now let's see if he does so

    and if he doesn't, recognize he would have the same set of values as his unconscionable brother and is similarly unfit to be the president of this nation
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    Quote Originally Posted by BrewerBob View Post
    The Democrats couldn't be more tone deaf if they had their eardrums incinerated with a hot poker.
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Why confuse things with facts?

  8. #88
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    46,077

    Re: To Help US Veterans Charity, George W. Bush Charged $100,000

    Bad thread we aren't allowed to discuss The Previous President Who Had Absolutely No Impact Past His End Of Term.

  9. #89
    Why so serious?
    Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Washington State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,367

    Re: To Help US Veterans Charity, George W. Bush Charged $100,000

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    all jeb has to do is acknowledge that it was inappropriate of his brother to profit from the veterans he placed in harm's way

    now let's see if he does so

    and if he doesn't, recognize he would have the same set of values as his unconscionable brother and is similarly unfit to be the president of this nation
    And if he does you'll vote for him?
    "I believe in a Spinoza's God who reveals himself in the harmony of all that exists, but not in a God who concerns himself with the fate and actions of human beings."

    --Albert Einstein, 1929

  10. #90
    Tavern Bartender
    #NeverTrumpOrClinton tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 08:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    33,335

    Re: To Help US Veterans Charity, George W. Bush Charged $100,000

    Quote Originally Posted by Moon View Post
    And if he does you'll vote for him?
    Maybe the 4th time is the charm?
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •