Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 109

Thread: To Help US Veterans Charity, George W. Bush Charged $100,000

  1. #91
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    38,193

    Re: To Help US Veterans Charity, George W. Bush Charged $100,000

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    all jeb has to do is acknowledge that it was inappropriate of his brother to profit from the veterans he placed in harm's way

    now let's see if he does so

    and if he doesn't, recognize he would have the same set of values as his unconscionable brother and is similarly unfit to be the president of this nation
    Because the only good President is the one who calls out his siblings.
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

  2. #92
    Why so serious?

    Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Washington State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,194

    Re: To Help US Veterans Charity, George W. Bush Charged $100,000

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Maybe the 4th time is the charm?
    Lol, of course not. It's all just political theater for Justabubba.
    "I believe in a Spinoza's God who reveals himself in the harmony of all that exists, but not in a God who concerns himself with the fate and actions of human beings."

    --Albert Einstein, 1929

  3. #93
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    38,193

    Re: To Help US Veterans Charity, George W. Bush Charged $100,000

    I'll bet if Jimmy Carter had publicly denounced Billy's beer pimping, he would have beaten Reagan.
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

  4. #94
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    okla-freakin-homa
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,587

    Re: To Help US Veterans Charity, George W. Bush Charged $100,000

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    I don't recall that we had reinstated the draft so I'm not sure how Bush could send soldiers anywhere against their will.
    As a wounded vet allow me to address your dismissive attitude. First we who serve in Combat Arms do so to SERVE the Nation, we have to trust the Decider in Chief doesn't use us for some Fool's Errand, but our CODE OF HONOR and BOND with our fellow grunts has us doing things many civilians are quite dismissive about. I'd opine many soldiers went against their will as they didn't sign up to plant the seeds of democracy in a desert, but to support and defend the Constitution.

    But they went, served, fought, died or were horribly wounded because they feel a higher calling than their personal opinion on the right or wrong of the conflict.

    But keep that 'no draft' crap to yourself.

    Now BushII many many times tried to wrap himself up in the banner of selfless sacrifice and how noble the cause was these veterans suffered such injury. He was their Decider in Chief, he could have forgone the fee, the plane ride perhaps not, and done a little sacrifice himself for the cause he claims to be so involved in.

    Don't see this as anything for or against Jeb, he seems talented enough on faux pas that he doesn't need any help...

  5. #95
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    38,193

    Re: To Help US Veterans Charity, George W. Bush Charged $100,000

    Quote Originally Posted by notquiteright View Post
    As a wounded vet allow me to address your dismissive attitude. First we who serve in Combat Arms do so to SERVE the Nation, we have to trust the Decider in Chief doesn't use us for some Fool's Errand, but our CODE OF HONOR and BOND with our fellow grunts has us doing things many civilians are quite dismissive about. I'd opine many soldiers went against their will as they didn't sign up to plant the seeds of democracy in a desert, but to support and defend the Constitution.

    But they went, served, fought, died or were horribly wounded because they feel a higher calling than their personal opinion on the right or wrong of the conflict.

    But keep that 'no draft' crap to yourself.

    Now BushII many many times tried to wrap himself up in the banner of selfless sacrifice and how noble the cause was these veterans suffered such injury. He was their Decider in Chief, he could have forgone the fee, the plane ride perhaps not, and done a little sacrifice himself for the cause he claims to be so involved in.

    Don't see this as anything for or against Jeb, he seems talented enough on faux pas that he doesn't need any help...
    It sounds really fascinating. Maybe you can start a thread about it in an appropriate section. The Iraq War and GWB deciding (with the help of Hillary Clinton and the rest) to go there isn't breaking news now, is it? And this thread isn't really about veterans, is it?
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

  6. #96
    Chews the Cud
    Amadeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Benghazi
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    6,081

    Re: To Help US Veterans Charity, George W. Bush Charged $100,000

    George W. Bush should donate his fortune to the victims of his presidency.

  7. #97
    Sewer Rat
    Risky Thicket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,702

    Re: To Help US Veterans Charity, George W. Bush Charged $100,000

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    To Help US Veterans Charity, George W. Bush Charged $100,000 - ABC News



    not going to help jeb's presidential effort
    of course jeb is not helping himself, insisting we need to work longer hours

    and a look at jeb's current campaign:
    Attachment 67187039
    What is being missed is that disabled veterans should not depend or in fact need charity. Doesn't the responsibility rest with Veterans Administration? I despise the fact that implication of the organization is that disabled vets need charity.

    Bush has a lot cheek accepting an invitation to speak much less receiving a check to do it.










    "When Faith preaches Hate, Blessed are the Doubters." - Amin Maalouf

    When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that person is crazy. ~Dave Barry



  8. #98
    Sage
    polgara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,286

    Re: To Help US Veterans Charity, George W. Bush Charged $100,000

    Quote Originally Posted by Risky Thicket View Post
    What is being missed is that disabled veterans should not depend or in fact need charity. Doesn't the responsibility rest with Veterans Administration? I despise the fact that implication of the organization is that disabled vets need charity.

    Bush has a lot cheek accepting an invitation to speak much less receiving a check to do it.
    Greetings, Risky Thicket.

    He didn't. And by him being the speaker, they received over $ one million dollars in donations. : And the Disabled Veterans is one organization I routinely give to, in memory of my uncle Johnny who lost a leg for our country. I don't consider it charity, but helping wounded veterans - mine was a great athlete before he lost his leg.

  9. #99
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,011

    Re: To Help US Veterans Charity, George W. Bush Charged $100,000

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Because the only good President is the one who calls out his siblings.
    when his sibling is a public figure who demonstrates a willingness to profit from the harm he has inflicted upon our military veterans, yea
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    when asked about why he never took leads, Malcolm replied "any more guitar playing would interfere with my drinking"

  10. #100
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,011

    Re: To Help US Veterans Charity, George W. Bush Charged $100,000

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Maybe the 4th time is the charm?
    previously asked
    and previously answered
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    when asked about why he never took leads, Malcolm replied "any more guitar playing would interfere with my drinking"

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •