Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 47

Thread: Obama: Chances of an Iran nuclear deal now lower than 50-50

  1. #31
    Sage
    Anthony60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Northern New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    5,136

    Re: Obama: Chances of an Iran nuclear deal now lower than 50-50

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Were you equally troubled the last time we gave away/lost 12 Billion with a B?

    How the US sent $12bn in cash to Iraq. And watched it vanish | World news | The Guardian
    We waste a lot of money, this is not about our government waste and corruption, for which we are in a deep hole. It's about Iran, and what $12 billion is to them, not us. Way off topic. Something for another thread.
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours..." -- Oliver Hazard Perry
    "I don't want a piece of you... I want the whole thing!" -- Bob Barker

  2. #32
    Sage
    Anthony60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Northern New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    5,136

    Re: Obama: Chances of an Iran nuclear deal now lower than 50-50

    Quote Originally Posted by roughdraft274 View Post
    It's not tiny potatoes, but it's not something that is going to drastically improve their situation. That's the reality of it. It's worth it to see if we can work out a deal. I'd much rather this than the continued "lets never talk to them, just call them evil and eventually invade their country". If these talks fail then we at least know that there really was no other option.
    We knew that before, at least anyone that knew how this works did. Just more evidence that it was the foolish arrogance of an amatuer to have even thought this was a good idea.
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours..." -- Oliver Hazard Perry
    "I don't want a piece of you... I want the whole thing!" -- Bob Barker

  3. #33
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 09:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Obama: Chances of an Iran nuclear deal now lower than 50-50

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    We waste a lot of money, this is not about our government waste and corruption, for which we are in a deep hole. It's about Iran, and what $12 billion is to them, not us. Way off topic. Something for another thread.
    Not really. You got all pissy about how much twelve billion dollars is, billion with a B to make sure we realized the vast sum. But when BushCo lost account of the exact same figure, no problemo! Just pointing out the daily examples of people who's party is more important than country.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  4. #34
    Sage
    Anthony60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Northern New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    5,136

    Re: Obama: Chances of an Iran nuclear deal now lower than 50-50

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Not really. You got all pissy about how much twelve billion dollars is, billion with a B to make sure we realized the vast sum. But when BushCo lost account of the exact same figure, no problemo! Just pointing out the daily examples of people who's party is more important than country.
    No, I didn't get "all pissy", so you are wrong there.
    There is a problem right there with the left... oh, billion with a "B", and you mock it as a "vast sum". That's a big problem. Yeah, billions of dollars mean nothing to the left.
    Back to Bush? Are you joking? But you don't care about the $Trillions that Obama has put us in the hole for? You have no credibility at all.
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours..." -- Oliver Hazard Perry
    "I don't want a piece of you... I want the whole thing!" -- Bob Barker

  5. #35
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 09:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Obama: Chances of an Iran nuclear deal now lower than 50-50

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    No, I didn't get "all pissy", so you are wrong there.
    There is a problem right there with the left... oh, billion with a "B", and you mock it as a "vast sum". That's a big problem. Yeah, billions of dollars mean nothing to the left.
    Back to Bush? Are you joking? But you don't care about the $Trillions that Obama has put us in the hole for? You have no credibility at all.
    Pay attention. I'm more critical of Obama than you. It was already pointed out that what the US did was cut loose frozen Iranian money. The Bush administration can't tell you what happened to twelve billion dollars that went missing in Iraq. And you don't give a **** about that.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  6. #36
    Sage
    Anthony60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Northern New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    5,136

    Re: Obama: Chances of an Iran nuclear deal now lower than 50-50

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Pay attention. I'm more critical of Obama than you. It was already pointed out that what the US did was cut loose frozen Iranian money. The Bush administration can't tell you what happened to twelve billion dollars that went missing in Iraq. And you don't give a **** about that.
    Pay attention, you are wrong again. I never said I don't care about the $12 billion. I don't see you criticizing Obama here, and it doesn't seem to bother you that Bush is not the topic here, you went out of your way to criticize him. At least Obama is a topic in this thread. I guess you care about $12 billion when it relates to Bush, but it is nothing when Obama is the topic.
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours..." -- Oliver Hazard Perry
    "I don't want a piece of you... I want the whole thing!" -- Bob Barker

  7. #37
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 09:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Obama: Chances of an Iran nuclear deal now lower than 50-50

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    Pay attention, you are wrong again. I never said I don't care about the $12 billion. I don't see you criticizing Obama here, and it doesn't seem to bother you that Bush is not the topic here, you went out of your way to criticize him. At least Obama is a topic in this thread. I guess you care about $12 billion when it relates to Bush, but it is nothing when Obama is the topic.
    I've stood in this forum against all foreign aid. If Obama gave Iran 12 billion dollars of US tax payer money, I'd be criticizing it. He released frozen Iranian assets. You seem not to understand that.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  8. #38
    Sage
    Anthony60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Northern New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    5,136

    Re: Obama: Chances of an Iran nuclear deal now lower than 50-50

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    I've stood in this forum against all foreign aid. If Obama gave Iran 12 billion dollars of US tax payer money, I'd be criticizing it. He released frozen Iranian assets. You seem not to understand that.
    Oh boy, wrong again. I never said anything about it being taxpayer's money. But that doesn't matter to them, it's still $12 billion, with a "B", headed their way. Our president is releasing billions of dollars to a nation that funds terrorism against us, among others. To bad for our soldiers over there, right?

    Man, it would be nice to have a president that was on our side.
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours..." -- Oliver Hazard Perry
    "I don't want a piece of you... I want the whole thing!" -- Bob Barker

  9. #39
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 09:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Obama: Chances of an Iran nuclear deal now lower than 50-50

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    Oh boy, wrong again. I never said anything about it being taxpayer's money. But that doesn't matter to them, it's still $12 billion, with a "B", headed their way. Our president is releasing billions of dollars to a nation that funds terrorism against us, among others. To bad for our soldiers over there, right?

    Man, it would be nice to have a president that was on our side.
    I have no problem with you criticizing Obama. His Iran policy, so far, is one of his scant few policies in the ME that I support. That said, Saudi Arabia is as big an exporter of terrorism as Iran, and yet they're our ally. Women can vote in Iran, but they can't in Saudi Arabia, and yet, they're our ally. George Bush liked to walk hand in hand with the Saudi prince thru the Blue Bonnets on his Crawford ranch. The money released to Iran is THERE money, and doing so has kept them at the bargaining table all this time.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  10. #40
    Sage
    Anthony60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Northern New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    5,136

    Re: Obama: Chances of an Iran nuclear deal now lower than 50-50

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    I have no problem with you criticizing Obama. His Iran policy, so far, is one of his scant few policies in the ME that I support. That said, Saudi Arabia is as big an exporter of terrorism as Iran, and yet they're our ally. Women can vote in Iran, but they can't in Saudi Arabia, and yet, they're our ally. George Bush liked to walk hand in hand with the Saudi prince thru the Blue Bonnets on his Crawford ranch. The money released to Iran is THERE money, and doing so has kept them at the bargaining table all this time.
    Why do you keep trying to steer this to G.W. Bush? He has nothing to do with it.
    Obama's Iran policy has been that of an amatuer that does not know what he is doing. During the campaign he was criticized by Democrats and Republicans as being foolish and inexperienced for saying he would negotiate with them. So far, looks like he was wrong, again.
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours..." -- Oliver Hazard Perry
    "I don't want a piece of you... I want the whole thing!" -- Bob Barker

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •