Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
Results 131 to 134 of 134

Thread: Jeb Bush: People Need to Work Longer Hours [W: 64]

  1. #131
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,288

    Re: Jeb Bush: People Need to Work Longer Hours [W: 64]

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Hours, lol. He may be a supporter of working past 65 years old too, I don't know. I'm no fan of John Ellis, don't misunderstand me, and we can defeat him on so many issues. But I listened to what he said, and his statement a few hours later at another rally stop. He very clearly was referring to peoples need to have full time employment by today's definition which is a 40 hour work week.
    ^ this, he was specifically referring to working longer hours. He explicitly stated it.

    Which is strange because Germany works only 26 hours a week and has a powerhouse of an economy. Also it's strange because our economy is more productive than it's ever been, it's just that laborers have had compensation basically stagnate for 40 years. Also it's strange because many of those part time workers do want to work more, so it seems even more obvious that the problem is elsewhere.

  2. #132
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 09:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Jeb Bush: People Need to Work Longer Hours [W: 64]

    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    ^ this, he was specifically referring to working longer hours. He explicitly stated it.

    Which is strange because Germany works only 26 hours a week and has a powerhouse of an economy. Also it's strange because our economy is more productive than it's ever been, it's just that laborers have had compensation basically stagnate for 40 years. Also it's strange because many of those part time workers do want to work more, so it seems even more obvious that the problem is elsewhere.
    I didn't deny that. I just pointed out that the longer hours was not over 40 as he himself clarified just hours latter when asked about it at his next campaign stop.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  3. #133
    Sage
    reinoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Out West
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    9,806
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Jeb Bush: People Need to Work Longer Hours [W: 64]

    You can interpret it any way you want but Bush previously advocated that Americans workers should not be allowed to retire until they're 68-70 and that it's obvious that that's what he meant by working more hours.
    Quote Originally Posted by reinoe View Post
    Blacks aren't committing more crime. That's the point. They use drugs at similar rates yet they get harsher sentences and more convictions.
    Quote Originally Posted by CalGun View Post
    I disagree. Just because their drug usage may be no different does not mean their propensity to commit crime is the same or equal.

  4. #134
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 09:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Jeb Bush: People Need to Work Longer Hours [W: 64]

    Quote Originally Posted by reinoe View Post
    You can interpret it any way you want but Bush previously advocated that Americans workers should not be allowed to retire until they're 68-70 and that it's obvious that that's what he meant by working more hours.
    If your speaking to me with that reinoe, I agree that John Ellis wants to increase the retirement age. But his comments the other day were about weekly work hours. And your requiring me to defend him, something I'm not inclined to want to continue!
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •