Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 34

Thread: Cops smashed autistic teenís head into sidewalk: lawsuit

  1. #21
    User
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    99

    Re: Cops smashed autistic teenís head into sidewalk: lawsuit

    That is repulsive, that poor person. What that does to an autistic person can only be imagined by another autistic person. With sensory images, sounds, and scents 100 times stronger than regular humans, an autistic person experiences such an assault much differently.

    Bravo police officers, nothing like trash here

  2. #22
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    12-05-16 @ 06:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,923

    Re: Cops smashed autistic teenís head into sidewalk: lawsuit

    Quote Originally Posted by Politics1234 View Post
    That is repulsive, that poor person. What that does to an autistic person can only be imagined by another autistic person. With sensory images, sounds, and scents 100 times stronger than regular humans, an autistic person experiences such an assault much differently.

    Bravo police officers, nothing like trash here
    Since we have no idea where this teen sits on the autism scale, then you can't know that this experience is that much different for him than such a thing would be for any other person.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autism

    My younger son, who is autistic, does not have any sensory enhancements like you describe. Heck he handles loud noises better than my older son, who doesn't have autism. Autism symptoms, particularly those associated with the senses, are different for everyone diagnosed, and not actually required for any diagnosis of autism (my son was tested several times for his sight and hearing while we were going through the diagnosing process, and there was no signs of him having "100x stronger than regular humans" sensory differences, in fact they said he was within normal parameters).
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  3. #23
    Sage
    blackjack50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:11 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    20,477

    Re: Cops smashed autistic teenís head into sidewalk: lawsuit

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    I bet if they didn't shoot or beat so many people up (or to death), it wouldn't quite be as problematic.
    Really?



    That and the laws concerning it and other drugs are not the problem?



    http://www.newsweek.com/who-kills-po...fficers-315701

    Seriously? Maybe if they didn't do their job they wouldn't get shot at either? You can't justify attempts to kill police by saying "well maybe if the cops didn't XYZ." MOST cops did their job and FEW did what you said they did. Take Darren Wilson. Do you think he was outside the law?

    MAYBE...if we as a society actually dealt with the criminals it wouldn't be a problem? And that may make you get a little upset, but keep in mind I said CRIMINALS. That includes out of line cops. MAYBE if we were willing to "snitch" on the people who abuse the system...defrauded the government (and by extension US) in any form, raped, shot, and murdered, extorted, and bribed...we would be able to actually hire GOOD COPS, arrest the bad ones, lock up the murderers, and shoot the leaders of organized and corrupt politicians if it came to it.

    There is a lot of filth and corruption. You can't assume that dirty cops are the CAUSE. They are a symptom.
    The Crowd is not the sum of its parts.

  4. #24
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    49,434

    Re: Cops smashed autistic teenís head into sidewalk: lawsuit

    Quote Originally Posted by stonewall50 View Post
    Really?



    That and the laws concerning it and other drugs are not the problem?



    http://www.newsweek.com/who-kills-po...fficers-315701

    Seriously? Maybe if they didn't do their job they wouldn't get shot at either? You can't justify attempts to kill police by saying "well maybe if the cops didn't XYZ." MOST cops did their job and FEW did what you said they did. Take Darren Wilson. Do you think he was outside the law?

    MAYBE...if we as a society actually dealt with the criminals it wouldn't be a problem? And that may make you get a little upset, but keep in mind I said CRIMINALS. That includes out of line cops. MAYBE if we were willing to "snitch" on the people who abuse the system...defrauded the government (and by extension US) in any form, raped, shot, and murdered, extorted, and bribed...we would be able to actually hire GOOD COPS, arrest the bad ones, lock up the murderers, and shoot the leaders of organized and corrupt politicians if it came to it.

    There is a lot of filth and corruption. You can't assume that dirty cops are the CAUSE. They are a symptom.
    Bad cops are part of the feedback loop, they are much more than some passive symptom of a larger problem. Their actions exacerbate the problem and break public trust with the police. It's an amplifying effect. You cannot divorce the effects of bad cops, their abuse of power, and the death they rain upon the citizens as a passive symptom. It's an active element in the feedback loop.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  5. #25
    Sage
    blackjack50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:11 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    20,477

    Re: Cops smashed autistic teenís head into sidewalk: lawsuit

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Bad cops are part of the feedback loop, they are much more than some passive symptom of a larger problem. Their actions exacerbate the problem and break public trust with the police. It's an amplifying effect. You cannot divorce the effects of bad cops, their abuse of power, and the death they rain upon the citizens as a passive symptom. It's an active element in the feedback loop.
    Look. A symptom is a symptom. People won't trust the police. That is a symptom too. All of it is a symptom of bad policies. Bad laws. Fraud. Corruption. A system that is being abused constantly. And our hope of fixing it? Deal with the ones who abuse it.
    The Crowd is not the sum of its parts.

  6. #26
    King of Videos
    dirtpoorchris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    WA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    6,574

    Re: Cops smashed autistic teenís head into sidewalk: lawsuit

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Bad cops are part of the feedback loop, they are much more than some passive symptom of a larger problem. Their actions exacerbate the problem and break public trust with the police. It's an amplifying effect. You cannot divorce the effects of bad cops, their abuse of power, and the death they rain upon the citizens as a passive symptom. It's an active element in the feedback loop.
    Cop Vs. Cop! Officer Turns On Fellow Cop Who's Harassing An Innocent Citizen - Thug Life Videos

    LOL
    Is society was made of coral our world would be floral.

  7. #27
    Sage
    reinoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Out West
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    9,888
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Cops smashed autistic teenís head into sidewalk: lawsuit

    Quote Originally Posted by gdgyva View Post
    exactly

    i feel like i am missing the "Paul Harvey" part

    you know....where he says, and now you know the rest of the story

    there has to be more to this than what we know so far

    so many questions....and no freaking answers
    Why do you think the NYPD turned off their body cameras so that this interaction wasn't recorded?
    Quote Originally Posted by reinoe View Post
    Blacks aren't committing more crime. That's the point. They use drugs at similar rates yet they get harsher sentences and more convictions.
    Quote Originally Posted by CalGun View Post
    I disagree. Just because their drug usage may be no different does not mean their propensity to commit crime is the same or equal.

  8. #28
    Sage

    gdgyva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    near Washington DC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,501

    Re: Cops smashed autistic teenís head into sidewalk: lawsuit

    Quote Originally Posted by reinoe View Post
    Why do you think the NYPD turned off their body cameras so that this interaction wasn't recorded?
    first i have heard that they did

    why?

    dunno

    why dont you tell me why

    you seem to have the answer
    ďMost of the shadows of this life are caused by standing in one's own sunshine.Ē

    Ralph Waldo Emerson

  9. #29
    Sage
    reinoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Out West
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    9,888
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Cops smashed autistic teenís head into sidewalk: lawsuit

    Quote Originally Posted by gdgyva View Post
    first i have heard that they did

    why?

    dunno

    why dont you tell me why

    you seem to have the answer
    I can only speculate...
    Quote Originally Posted by reinoe View Post
    Blacks aren't committing more crime. That's the point. They use drugs at similar rates yet they get harsher sentences and more convictions.
    Quote Originally Posted by CalGun View Post
    I disagree. Just because their drug usage may be no different does not mean their propensity to commit crime is the same or equal.

  10. #30
    Sage

    gdgyva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    near Washington DC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,501

    Re: Cops smashed autistic teenís head into sidewalk: lawsuit

    Quote Originally Posted by reinoe View Post
    Why do you think the NYPD turned off their body cameras so that this interaction wasn't recorded?

    do you even know if they were issued cameras?

    or that even more speculation on your part?
    ďMost of the shadows of this life are caused by standing in one's own sunshine.Ē

    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •